The Lakers Season is Over Thread.

i posted this yesterday in the Sonics game thread, but i feel its need a bigger stage, some of my good friends at bbb.net compiled this :

Na na na nah.... na na na nah... Hey hey hey Goodbye!

Lakers 2004-2005 season
RIP
Born November 2nd, 2004
Died April 5th, 2005

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
There's kind of a fine line between good taste and bad. Not sure where that really falls, but the Lakers have been pretty irrelevant to us all season, have replaced all but one of their obnoxious personas...what's the point exactly? Who are we taunting? And why?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
There's kind of a fine line between good taste and bad. Not sure where that really falls, but the Lakers have been pretty irrelevant to us all season, have replaced all but one of their obnoxious personas...what's the point exactly? Who are we taunting? And why?
Wow, who would ahve thoght that the elimination of the Lakers would be so irrelavant... sad.

Bricklayer said:
There's always Kobe...there's always Kobe...

Do we really care that much? Its not like this was last years team, or the team from 2002. Sure Kobe is still on the team, and for whatever reason people will continue to hate him, but its not like they had high expectations anyway.

Oh well, boys will be boys (emphasis on boys).

Personally I will not show any mercy. Dunno about the Lakers fans you run into, but most of the ones I know/run into are huge cocky ********. Especially when they know I'm a Kings fan.

Now, after their embarrassing impotent season I believe at least some taunting is fair game and well deserved. No mercy!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sofa King said:
Dunno about the Lakers fans you run into, but most of the ones I know/run into are huge cocky ********.
Hey, what's up Sofa King! It was cool running into you yesterday!

Andriod_KiNg said:
i posted this yesterday in the Sonics game thread, but i feel its need a bigger stage, some of my good friends at bbb.net compiled this :

Na na na nah.... na na na nah... Hey hey hey Goodbye!
The karma chameleons saw this. Right before the 1st round too. ;)

Sofa King said:
Personally I will not show any mercy. Dunno about the Lakers fans you run into, but most of the ones I know/run into are huge cocky ********. Especially when they know I'm a Kings fan.

Now, after their embarrassing impotent season I believe at least some taunting is fair game and well deserved. No mercy!!!!
yeah but we still haven't won ****!

I poersonally have to say I saw this coming a few years ago...no team can stay consistently on top forever. The mighty have to fall eventually, but I kinda miss the rivalry between us and LA. It was fun while it lasted.

Who cares? They are done for the season, that's all that matters. I'm not gonna rub it in since I like players on the team such as Caron, Vlade and Mihm.

Insomniacal Fan said:
More than the lakers this season!
it dont mean a thing, either.....so there ya go. we should be proud? eh.

the rivalry is over. kings fans can make of this whatever they want, but it just doesn't matter. maybe next season it will, and maybe it won't, but for now, sucks for the lakers. thats about all i have to say. i aint gonna rub it in anybody's face, cuz history tells us that the lakers organization dont lose for very long.

Padrino said:
. i aint gonna rub it in anybody's face, cuz history tells us that the lakers organization dont lose for very long.
My guess is, as long as Kobe is there, losing is in their future. Call it a wild guess, but I'm thinking not too many high profile players wanna come to L.A. and ride backseat to an egotistical youngun who has to have things his way.

Now if they had made the right decision last year and kept the better of their two superstars, it would be a whole different story...

I know some of you guys feel bad, but i really dont, they flant at us the rings and the times they beat us, the ex-Laker called us Queens,....but now they are a horrible team,they have not cap space and they are heading no where... and i am enjoying watching all the drama. :D

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Im not even sure relevant it may be next year if the Lakers do not make the play offs in back to back years... although THAT MIGHT be enough for Buss to realize how pathetic Mitch is as a GM.

I'm going to agree that the rivalry is pretty much over and this is basically kicking a team when they're down, but after having to put up with the "Kiss the rings *****, LOL QUEENS!" mentality of Lakers fans throughout the years, I have to admit a tiny grin did appear on my face when I saw that they were headed to the lottery.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Andriod_KiNg said:
I know some of you guys feel bad, but i really dont, they flant at us the rings and the times they beat us, the ex-Laker called us Queens,....but now they are a horrible team,they have not cap space and they are heading no where... and i am enjoying watching all the drama. :D
The point is the LAKERS don't read this board but we have some long-time members who are Lakers fans who do. Sorry, Andriod King, but I think it's just rude.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Funny, how they are trying to steel our offense. Only problem is that besides Vlade - none of their players has an IQ higher than the room temperature - so they can not figure it out. Sad, very sad

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They said they incorporated playing Vlade at the high post to take advantage of his excellent passing skills.

personally I hate the Lakers and as most of my friends who follow basketball are Laker fans I'm really enjoying this. It's nice to be able to rub it in for one year anyway. And when we beat them both games this week it will be even sweeter. I was tired of the "Queen" jokes and them beating us. It's nice that we're on top of them for a change because we all know it won't last forever.

JayBird said:
My guess is, as long as Kobe is there, losing is in their future. Call it a wild guess, but I'm thinking not too many high profile players wanna come to L.A. and ride backseat to an egotistical youngun who has to have things his way.
Moot. They're over the cap. They can't pick up high profile players in free agency.

Now if they had made the right decision last year and kept the better of their two superstars, it would be a whole different story...
No it wouldn't. If Buss capitulated to his salary demands, Shaq would've put the Lakers near or over the cap by himself. Same problem exists with acquiring quality free agents. Especially difficult to win a title without Kobe considering he couldn't win one with Kobe, Malone, and Payton.

Gargamel said:
Especially difficult to win a title without Kobe considering he couldn't win one with Kobe, Malone, and Payton.
Interesting... I remember him winning 3, without Malone (who you claim is 1/2 the reason the Lakers got past San Antonio last year).

And I'm thinking his chances of winning a title without Kobe are pretty DARNED good this year.... What do you think of Kobe's chances?