The Kevin Durant "Hot Take" Omnibus thread

It looks as if Durant is going to get a ring and then team up with Westbrook somewhere after the "monkey (never won a title) is off his back"

i really didn't think durant would sign with the warriors after coming so close to toppling them in the semi's. even lebron's defection to miami didn't come at the expense of his pride. the cavs and heat were nothing to each other when james jumped ship in search of a title...

Last edited:
K

king07

collective face of all nba fans today

It's a free country, who the hell are you tell another man where he chooses to work?

What is crazy to me is that Curry Thompson and Durant are 28, 27 and 26 years old. They are that good and that young. Wow! Makes me sick but they will be dynamite to watch ... unless they are playing the Kings and Boogie drops 50 because nobody can guard him.

The only way the Kings would get Westbrook is if Boogie were part of the deal. But now I'm guessing it's near 100% chance that Russ jumps ship after this season. I feel for OKC fans. They had a roster capable of challenging for a title and their superstar decided to take the easy way out.

Almost every champion had a foe they had to battle in the playoffs to finally get over the hump and win a ring. I thought OKC showed they were close to getting past Golden State. This just seems like a gutless move on KD's part. And he's always been one of my favorite non-Kings.
If we really look for the morality of it all, Oklahoma got their team by fishing the Sonics from Seattle. Durant, for instance, was drafted by the Sonics. Now they really have to start from a scratch, which has some justice in it. So OKC fans are probably down, but what about the Seattle fans. The Kings fans should know better than anybody what we are talking about here.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we really look for the morality of it all, Oklahoma got their team by fishing the Sonics from Seattle. Durant, for instance, was drafted by the Sonics. Now they really have to start from a scratch, which has some justice in it. So OKC fans are probably down, but what about the Seattle fans. The Kings fans should know better than anybody what we are talking about here.
While that's true, the OKC fans didn't play any part in Clay Bennett stealing the Sonics.

I see another small market team showing the league that they can actually compete with the huge markets only to have their star jump to the big market juggernaut.

I'd like it a lot more if the NBA had parity more along the lines of the NFL.

K

king07

It's a terribly lazy rebuttal, period. And dishonest. What, so it's a free country for him, but we're not free to criticize? Miss me with that bull****.
go ahead criticize your heart out buddy. must be all the estrogen being pumped into our food supply. lmao

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
If I were one of those creative people I would print up a ton of t-shirts with Durant in his Warriors jersey with the slogan "If you can't beat them join them!" You might sell a few thousand of these before the bandwagon fans realized you were just trolling their new star

I've said it here before. Anyone who knows anything about professional sports, professional athletes knows it's all about business and selfish personal
interest - 100%. Has absolutely nothing to do with silly rah-rah or supposed loyalty to franchise. I have been around, befriended several pro athletes who go through grinning motions showing fan appreciation, commitment to team and community. Basically their contract demands certain duties to perform beyond just dribbling and shooting. But it's more show than marriage-like commitment or standard allegiance to school or university. Vows are broken very easily, with zero guilt in THE BIZ. NBA player probably more than most other professionals (NFL, MLB, etc.) could care less about YOUR hurt feelings. To them loyalty is this ORDER: Self, Family, Agent, Player's Assn, Teammates, Fans. Sorry to ruin your day.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Doesn't ruin my day that Kevin Durant is not "loyal." I must have missed all the posts talking about "loyalty," perhaps you could show me the kindness of pointing them out for me?