The Harry Giles option conundrum

Off hand, I don't know if any player has lasted more than 7 years with us. RIchmond? Peja? Thompson? All 7 years. Cousins? Six and a half.
Of course, if we bring back John Salmons, he might eventually total up to 8 years. Would that make you happy?
Shouldn't we just retire his jersey if we bring him back? If the Thunder can retire Nick Collison's jersey, then why can't we retire the great John Salmons?

The advent of free agency made it almost impossible for a team to keep a player for his entire career.
This is so true...and I'm not sure which direction teams will have to go, financially, once the COVID dust settles in a year or so, but the days of players getting drafted and playing their entire careers with one team is pretty much over. Even Tony Parker left the Spurs for another paycheck...and before him Karl Malone, even. The only player I can think of in the past 20 years that played their entire careers with one team were Duncan and Manu. And a little before that, Stockton...but that's about it. Will be interesting to see how long we can keep our 'kids' here...we've got a pretty big qualifying offer to make to De'Aaron after next season.

This is so true...and I'm not sure which direction teams will have to go, financially, once the COVID dust settles in a year or so, but the days of players getting drafted and playing their entire careers with one team is pretty much over. Even Tony Parker left the Spurs for another paycheck...and before him Karl Malone, even. The only player I can think of in the past 20 years that played their entire careers with one team were Duncan and Manu. And a little before that, Stockton...but that's about it. Will be interesting to see how long we can keep our 'kids' here...we've got a pretty big qualifying offer to make to De'Aaron after next season.
Kobe.