The Harry Giles option conundrum

So if very little cap space avail this summer, maybe a Bogi match may not be too expensive, and we could use part of our exception to sign Giles?
Cap space doesn't matter with Giles. I'm pretty sure since we have his bird rights, we're allowed to offer him the 4 mil max we're limited to, no matter what our cap situation is.

Well at this point Giles will have his choices kind of like WCS this last season. Make him a qualifying offer if thats possible and see if someone really wants him more than us and if we come across with a better option and he hasn’t accepted we move on.

So if Holmes can not go tomorrow (He was still sore today)
Bagley,Len,Parker out
Dedmon, Mika are gone
Will have to use Giles and Beli at 5?
Barnes and Tolliver at 4?
bogie,Buddy,Basemore at 2,3
Fox,Cojo

Going to have to go small until Holmes and Len can come back

Bagley,Len,Parker out
Dedmon, Mika are gone
Fox,Cojo

Where did Mika go?

Nevermind - just saw he got released to make room for Parker and Len.

Last edited:
Bagley,Len,Parker out
Dedmon, Mika are gone
Fox,Cojo

It's sink or swim time for Giles.

Does anyone here find it disturbing that Harry himself didnt know he was on a minutes restriction?
Is there any communication between the player, training staff, and coaching staff?
Communication by the medical staff has been atrocious. Vague references to injuries, instead of clear explanations what ills the players. This and the sudden setback in Holmes' return date is a head scratcher for sure, and worrying.

Communication by the medical staff has been atrocious. Vague references to injuries, instead of clear explanations what ills the players. This and the sudden setback in Holmes' return date is a head scratcher for sure, and worrying.
Communication to the fans and media? Holmes, Bagley, Fox all seem to be aware of their progress. This idea that just because fans don't know something that players are also in the dark, seems misguided.

Communication to the fans and media? Holmes, Bagley, Fox all seem to be aware of their progress. This idea that just because fans don't know something that players are also in the dark, seems misguided.
IMO, it’s not a huge leap to imagine this team keeping Giles in the dark about a minutes restriction. They did after all not pick up his option which means they will lose him for nothing. I don’t think anyone has figured that one out yet. This team is a mess from the top on down.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I really think Giles doesn’t know why he isn’t playing more minutes........
I’d probably agree with this to an extent. Out of the last handful of games he’s been in, the only one he deserved to be sat was against Montrezl and the Clippers.

That said, I read the tweet as a shot at people just saying things they have no actual knowledge of.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The treatment of Giles is something that is making me stop liking this team. I’ve endured a lot over the past 20 years but this tops it.
Yup, same here. I didn’t even watch the end of the game last night. When it was clear HG wasn’t getting anymore run I went and saw Birds of Prey.

One take I havent seen much discussion of...The strangest thing to me is that the FO has got to be aware that Kings fans have largely adopted Harry. We have waited for him, rooted for him, and feel like we have a lot invested in him. He's not a bad player, he's not without potential, he isnt a net negative. WHY would the front office be so willing to pee off so many fans at a time they desperately need the support? Either there's a dark backstory we dont know about that makes this worth the cost, or the voices claiming sheer ineptitude may have something.

One take I havent seen much discussion of...The strangest thing to me is that the FO has got to be aware that Kings fans have largely adopted Harry. We have waited for him, rooted for him, and feel like we have a lot invested in him. He's not a bad player, he's not without potential, he isnt a net negative. WHY would the front office be so willing to pee off so many fans at a time they desperately need the support? Either there's a dark backstory we dont know about that makes this worth the cost, or the voices claiming sheer ineptitude may have something.
For whatever reason the team has decided they don’t want to give Giles opportunity. It doesn’t matter what he does, says, or what the state of the team is. He’s just not in the picture. I really hope he thrives on his next team. He’s put in so much work.

I don't understand Walton's rotation with Harry Giles. What is the point in playing a guy for the first part of the 1st and 3rd quarters but refusing to allow him to play in the 2nd and 4th? It makes zero sense to me and it's not like he's doing it as a match up based rotation.

Harry goes 5-5 and promptly is not allowed to come back in the game. Even friggin Tolliver got some of his minutes at center.

If there's one thing I like less than Harry not getting minutes, it's seeing Tolliver on the court.

Does anyone here find it disturbing that Harry himself didnt know he was on a minutes restriction?
Is there any communication between the player, training staff, and coaching staff?
I was at the game last night and find it very hard to believe he had no idea he was on a minutes restriction. After coming out he would sit at the end of the bench and rub some black instrument (I’m assuming medical of some sort) all up and down his legs and thighs. Then took things even further and hopped on the bike in the tunnel to work out the kinks. Does not look like a guy that’s ready to go full tilt and there’s gotta be more that meets the eye, as many posters around here have alluded to

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
The communication around this entire organization is horrendous.

And FWIW, if Harry has not been on a mins restriction, his lack of mins of late is inexcusable.

I am sorry Slab, but if Harry played better Defense maybe he would have got more min?
If he was shutting down Bam? I love Harry Offense, but not against the Zone
And also Having Bjelly out there as a Miami Zone Buster worked out well
So I can not argue with Bjelly 37 Min and Harry 13min

I believe it is the only way to keep Harry long term... is to keep him under wraps as much as possible and hope to retain him for the $4M. The more they put him on display the more they risk losing him. We owe him a short wink/nod contract at $4M and then a good extension as soon as the rules allow.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I believe it is the only way to keep Harry long term... is to keep him under wraps as much as possible and hope to retain him for the $4M. The more they put him on display the more they risk losing him. We owe him a short wink/nod contract at $4M and then a good extension as soon as the rules allow.
I’m really glad I’m not the only one convincing myself that through my heavily HG-tinted lenses. Not a lot else makes sense.