The future is bright

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Actually it was Bjelica's defense on Collins that was a train wreck in the first 4 minutes. To be more precise, it was Bjelica and Fox's pick and roll defense of Young and Collins duo that was a train wreck. It was so bad that Joerger had to call a time out to put WCS on Collins and that stopped the hemorrhage. After that it was just all down hill for the Hawks because Young and Collins pick and roll is their only potent offensive weapon.
So when WCS went out with early fouls Collins must have done great, right? Nope. WCS was AWOL in this game. Five fouls in 20 minutes. On his first rebound not only didn't he get his heels off the floor, he didn't get his hands above his waist. And then he fumbled that! Hopefully, he shows up against Philly.

Why not just have faith that Dave Joerger knows what the hell he's doing? He's brought us this far. I for one have no problem with continuing to let him drive the boat.

I'm going to pick a small nit here. You bring up the "have faith" thing quite a bit. I cannot recall if you did it with PDA's regime. While I understand what you are trying to get at, I think as NBA fans, but specifically as Kings fans, asking us to have faith is a very hard thing to do.

Now, had you said, look at what Joerger has done in his 2.5 years bringing along these younger players slowly, and see how they are progressing. Use that for the basis of why we should let this process play out.

(I know you have said that before too)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going to pick a small nit here. You bring up the "have faith" thing quite a bit. I cannot recall if you did it with PDA's regime. While I understand what you are trying to get at, I think as NBA fans, but specifically as Kings fans, asking us to have faith is a very hard thing to do.

Now, had you said, look at what Joerger has done in his 2.5 years bringing along these younger players slowly, and see how they are progressing. Use that for the basis of why we should let this process play out.

So you're arguing semantics? Would you like me to submit my posts to you for approval before I share them?

Come on, macadocious. I am who I am. I'm not going to be changing any time soon.

I almost just watched highlights of this game as I accidentally saw the result this morning. Glad I decided to watch it (just finished). Very fun game. Amazing to see Giles and Bagley both have big games on the same night and develop some chemistry. Both of them were great, hard not to be excited for their futures.

Lots of spectacular highlights. Fox's crazy and-one, Marvin's dunk, Harry's pass, Buddy's spin move, Bogi's behind-the-back pass. Really fun stuff.

BTW, I've been getting the opponent's feed for the last few games (not intentional). Did anyone else watch the game with Hawks commentary? Easily one of the best duos in the league. They were incredibly unbiased. They were heaping praise on Giles and Bagley, and a lot of our other guys too. They got genuinely hyped at some of the above plays I mentioned. Really good announcers.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
BTW, I've been getting the opponent's feed for the last few games (not intentional). Did anyone else watch the game with Hawks commentary? Easily one of the best duos in the league. They were incredibly unbiased. They were heaping praise on Giles and Bagley, and a lot of our other guys too. They got genuinely hyped at some of the above plays I mentioned. Really good announcers.
I missed the Atlanta game, but the Clippers announcers were also very complimentary (and knowledgeable) about the Kings young players. Up until the last 5 minutes of the game they kept saying that another Kings comeback was probably coming. The Kings didn't play particularly well in that game, but other teams know we're dangerous.

You fail to acknowledge that PDA was clearly an idiot. Nobody should have ever had any faith in the cancerous gerbil. It literally seemed as if he was tanking the entire organization on purpose.

I'm glad to see Bagley getting more time and increasing his production, but to take it to the next level he needs to start draining those 3's.

He's missed 13 consecutive and his 3pt shooting is now down to 23%. His last make was Jan. 17th against Charlotte. Even if he were hitting just 33% he'd probably average 1.5 more pts per game.

He's a 19 year old rookie so I can live with his mistakes and turnovers, and the 3pt shooting isn't a concern by any stretch this incredibly early into his career, but I would really like to see that long distance shot start to fall a bit more.

Overall, you can see him improving on a game-to-game basis so I'm not going to be too hard on him. I'm happy with his development thus far.

This is the first time in recent memory that I've been excited about Kings basketball in February.

Thank you young fellas. You are so much fun to watch. And you're good teammates, intelligent, and have incredibly high motors.

Future is definitely bright

If Clippers lose tonight we will have identical records. We will still be 9th in standings since they own our souls but that’s encouraging no matter which way you look at it.