The Case for Terrence Ross

Fun Fact -- Terrence Ross became the first player in NBA history to hit 200 3pointers in a season and never start a game, which is precisely what we'd be paying him to do.

He turns 29 in February. Plays SG and SF about 6'7". Hired gun, plain and simple, capable of dribbling the ball and attacking too, he's solid in transition, plus everyonce in a blue moon he does get scorching buddy heild level hot, he dropped 51 in his 2nd year in the league i think.

I think he could help add to the offen... onslaught!!!

The price I'd gander is gonna be around 10-12MM per season, something like that. He's really not a pushover defensively either, and acutally is pretty good at stalking the passing lanes.

Could be pretty good peice to add here.... Basically this type of move is a major upgrade from Corey Brewer (who I'd still take for cheap too) and Shumpert

It's tough to see him, Bogi, Buddy, and Barnes all on the same roster, unless Bogi will see a greatly reduced role. With all 3 being due for extensions, maybe if the team thought Ross was a better long term value than Bogi or Barnes.

I think they'd do better with another 3/4 rather than a 2/3.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
It's tough to see him, Bogi, Buddy, and Barnes all on the same roster, unless Bogi will see a greatly reduced role. With all 3 being due for extensions, maybe if the team thought Ross was a better long term value than Bogi or Barnes.

I think they'd do better with another 3/4 rather than a 2/3.
Well, if I might play devils advocate, both Buddy and Bogi are SG's that can on occasion play at the SF position. Not preferable to my mind, but it works in the right situation. Right now, we have one legit sized SF on the team, if you don't count Brewer, and that's Barnes. Ross would give us a legit backup at that position with his height and length. Ross can also step in and play the SG position while Barnes can move up and play the PF position. So personally, as far as the roster goes, I don't see a problem.

Where I see a problem might be the cost. Ross made 10.5 mil last year, and I'm sure he'll expect a raise. So the question is, do you see him as a difference maker or not. If not, then I tend to agree with you that there are cheaper options out there. Personally, I think he makes the team better. How much better is the question, and how much are we willing to pay for that. What if Ross is the difference between making the playoffs or not? How much is that worth? Is making the playoffs enough? I'm good at asking questions!

Well, if I might play devils advocate, both Buddy and Bogi are SG's that can on occasion play at the SF position. Not preferable to my mind, but it works in the right situation. Right now, we have one legit sized SF on the team, if you don't count Brewer, and that's Barnes. Ross would give us a legit backup at that position with his height and length. Ross can also step in and play the SG position while Barnes can move up and play the PF position. So personally, as far as the roster goes, I don't see a problem.

Where I see a problem might be the cost. Ross made 10.5 mil last year, and I'm sure he'll expect a raise. So the question is, do you see him as a difference maker or not. If not, then I tend to agree with you that there are cheaper options out there. Personally, I think he makes the team better. How much better is the question, and how much are we willing to pay for that. What if Ross is the difference between making the playoffs or not? How much is that worth? Is making the playoffs enough? I'm good at asking questions!
Sorry, what?

Ross
Weight = 196.6 lbs
Height w/ Shoes = 6'7"
Wingspan = 6'7.25"
Standing Reach = 8'4.5"

Bogdanovic
Weight = 200 lbs
Height w/ Shoes = 6'6.35"
Wingspan = 6'11"
Standing Reach = 8'8.33"

Hield
Weight = 212 lbs
Height w/ Shoes = 6'5"
Wingspan = 6'9.25"
Standing Reach = 8'5"

Im a fan of the style fit of Ross and what the kings do. Before the magic started to make a playoff push, i advocated we should try to pick up Ross from them.

I advicate we should spend more to bolstervour b3nch and less pursuing a big name center.

Ross is the perfect high end bench player id like to see us get.

Idealy imo

Center we need 2 of
Dedmon, Bryant, Mcgee, Baynes

Then
Ross
Brogdan or Beverly or derrick rose

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Sorry, what?

Ross
Weight = 196.6 lbs
Height w/ Shoes = 6'7"
Wingspan = 6'7.25"
Standing Reach = 8'4.5"

Bogdanovic
Weight = 200 lbs
Height w/ Shoes = 6'6.35"
Wingspan = 6'11"
Standing Reach = 8'8.33"

Hield
Weight = 212 lbs
Height w/ Shoes = 6'5"
Wingspan = 6'9.25"
Standing Reach = 8'5"
Oh yeah, well he's taller!! OK, you got me. Every time I don't take the time to go look something up, I get bit in the butt. Regardless of that however, I do think that Ross is a better defender at the SF position than either Bog's or Heild. Once again, I think Ross would make the team better, but it comes down to cost.