The Carmichael Dave interview with Luke Walton (MUST HEAR)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I moved this out of the Sixers game thread because it truly deserves to be seen/heard. If you only listen to one interview this year, this should be the one!

@carmichaeldave hits a home run with this interview!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You owe it to yourself as a Kings fan to listen to this interview. If nothing else, you'll find out Luke's answer to the burning question about whether or not a hot dog is a sandwich.

Walton gets it. He gets us (Kings fans) and he gets the game of basketball. Dave IS us. I'd like to see Luke and Dave do a monthly bit ... very enjoyable and informative.

Thanks Dave!

I moved this out of the Sixers game thread because it truly deserves to be seen/heard. If you only listen to one interview this year, this should be the one!

@carmichaeldave hits a home run with this interview!!!
The culture part Coach Walton talked about, being together for the win and the loss, putting team success ahead of individual playtime is the best thing for me to hear. Especially since we've been speculating so much about Buddy Hield's benching incident and how he's taking it.

And yes, giving credit where credit is due, Vlade has been vocal from the get-go about getting the right type of players for the culture, and some of us laughed it off for us shying away from elite players who might be a headcase. This is the fruit we are seeing, if the team does have the culture of sticking with one another.

I’m with Dave on this, and I’ve even been to New Year Dead concerts at Winterland. On Luke as a head coach, baring the occasional alpha player I always thought players would respond well to him.

Last edited:
Luke is a really good coach. Don’t @ me. BTW, does anybody else ever get the feeling we could easily sign Lonzo or Ingram if they ever became available? It’s neither here nor there, cause they won’t hit UFA, but I feel like Luke can recruit former players, no problem.