[The Athletic] Dumars has no interest in being the long-term head of basketball operations, and will not be a candidate in the search.

I agree on the Malone point. On the Joerger one, though, I’m not so sure. The man had lost his team, literally threw the last game of the season like he had money on the under, and was openly hostile to both the front office and players on his own roster.
I think by then it was too late. But Joerger allegedly would have drafted differently that one draft (the one that can get you locked for mentioning it). I am in a minority but I loved Joerger and would be very comfortable with the whole shooting match in his hands. I think he was undermined. Oh well.

There was the time he almost ran out onto the court during a key possession in a game to fight Buddy. Also he threw Bagley under the bus for not being Luka in a pregame press conference on like three separate occassions.
Again by then it was too late. And he was right about Buddy - look at Luke trying to deal with it now

If Vivek had sided with Malone over Pete, or if he had sided with Joerger over Vlade... we would be infinitely better off. I think it is an out-dated ethos that the GM has to be the head coaches boss. eff that. It is ironic that Vivek started out with a bang putting Mike Malone in charge. If only he had let that ride... smh
False
Jason Jones -after confirming with multiple sources, reported last week, that the decision to fire Malone was Vivek's alone. Jones added that Pete being the good soldier, took the blame for it and didn't go about correcting the mis-information. It was always Vivek.

These employees want to work in the league again, so they don't throw the owner/previous owner under the bus. Did Vlade, upon being fired, throw the owner under the bus. No. Why? because Vlade, as he stated to Marco Breton, wants another crack at being an NBA GM.

Last edited:
False
Jason Jones -after checking with multiple sources, reported last week, that the decision to fire Malone was Vivek's alone. Jones added that Pete being the good soldier, took the blame for it and didn't go about correcting the mis-information. It was always Vivek.

These employees want to work in the league again, so they don't throw the owner/previous owner under the bus. Did Vlade, upon being fired, throw the owner under the bus. No. Why? because Vlade, as he stated to Marco Breton, wants another crack at being an NBA GM.
Yea, that was a mini-revelation. Grant buried Pete over the years, so he bears some fault for propagating the Pete hate. But it was Vivek all along.

I agree on the Malone point. On the Joerger one, though, I’m not so sure. The man had lost his team, literally threw the last game of the season like he had money on the under, and was openly hostile to both the front office and players on his own roster.
He was a good coach when he wanted to be but he burned bridges with not one but two FOs and this year would have been really ugly if Bagley was hurt and the team performed the same.

He was a good coach when he wanted to be but he burned bridges with not one but two FOs and this year would have been really ugly if Bagley was hurt and the team performed the same.
Joerger insisted again as with Memphis, this time to the Kings, that it becomes difficult, to coach a team going into the final year of his contract, without an extension. Apparently, in his experience, trying to push the team, and the players response to lame duck coaches...ie Ty Corbin. Besides, under Joerger during his final year as King's head coach, the Kings improved their record considerably +12 games. Why would he have to beg for an extension?

The people it’s repeated to don’t even respond to said statements just continue the foolishness about look at Philadelphia now.
You're like a dog with a bone. A very rotten bone at that.

If you're gonna keep repeating, then I'll keep repeating. You start it, I'll continue to finish it. Round and round we go.

The truly hilarious part is you got nothing to stand upon. Nothing. The dude has no NBA job. And hasn't for over 4 years. Yet you continue to tout him. It's unreal. You really should be embarrassed. But the fact that you're not speaks volumes.

You're like a dog with a bone. A very rotten bone at that.

If you're gonna keep repeating, then I'll keep repeating. You start it, I'll continue to finish it. Round and round we go.

The truly hilarious part is you got nothing to stand upon. Nothing. The dude has no NBA job. And hasn't for over 4 years. Yet you continue to tout him. It's unreal. You really should be embarrassed. But the fact that you're not speaks volumes.
Unfortunately you’re the one with nothing to stand upon. Your only comment is he hasn’t had a job in 4 years, literally one of the weakest points someone can make. People have already stated why he hasn’t had a job but of course you never respond to that.

You on the other hand won’t respond to facts or questions:

Never respond to the question of is a 50+ win team a good end to a process.

Never respond to questions asking if you think Hinkies assets treasure chest he left was worth it.

Come to think of it you never respond to anything you just repeat the tired he hasn’t had in 4 years. So why continue talking if you won’t respond to any question or facts brought to you. When the weak “4 years” has been responded too by several people

False
Jason Jones -after confirming with multiple sources, reported last week, that the decision to fire Malone was Vivek's alone. Jones added that Pete being the good soldier, took the blame for it and didn't go about correcting the mis-information. It was always Vivek.

I don't know if I should feel good or bad about this. Good because my scratch on the record about Vivek being a big problem being at least partially validated. Even worse because my scratch on the record being a big problem at least partially validated. Ownership is the one problem that isn't easily remedied. I think I would rather have been wrong.

Would it really surprise anybody if it's been Vivek all along making a lot of the dreadful decisions in the past 7 years? Remember when he suggested playing 4 on 5 and having a cherry-picker planted on the other side of the court? Or the "One, two, three......Nik rocks!!" draft? The hundreds of pictures of him doing the Shaka? It's all incredibly cringeworthy and, to me at least, proves that he shouldn't be doing anything other than writing checks and being a cheerleader.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Would it really surprise anybody if it's been Vivek all along making a lot of the dreadful decisions in the past 7 years? Remember when he suggested playing 4 on 5 and having a cherry-picker planted on the other side of the court? Or the "One, two, three......Nik rocks!!" draft? The hundreds of pictures of him doing the Shaka? It's all incredibly cringeworthy and, to me at least, proves that he shouldn't be doing anything other than writing checks and being a cheerleader.
Except for the biggest decision in the modern history of the franchise, which he graciously stepped aside for to let his wildly skilled GM make all on his own. It’s so on-point for this cursed franchise. Lmao

Except for the biggest decision in the modern history of the franchise, which he graciously stepped aside for to let his wildly skilled GM make all on his own. It’s so on-point for this cursed franchise. Lmao
No, Vivek made that decision. The owner doesn’t fly to Madrid late in the process just to chat up a potential prospect. That meeting was about Vivek deciding whether Fox or Luka was going to be the face of his franchise. He may have yielded to Vlade’s advice, but the choice was his.

No, Vivek made that decision. The owner doesn’t fly to Madrid late in the process just to chat up a potential prospect. That meeting was about Vivek deciding whether Fox or Luka was going to be the face of his franchise. He may have yielded to Vlade’s advice, but the choice was his.
Vlade, Vivek, Williams or some/all? Doesn't matter, all are gone except the one that can't be fired.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Vlade, Vivek, Williams or some/all? Doesn't matter, all are gone except the one that can't be fired.
Yup. I'll forever be grateful to Vivek for keeping the team in Sacramento long term, but I'm confident that if he were to sell now (we're safe, we're locked in for another, what, 25 years in G1C?) it would be best for the franchise. His decision making has never turned out right, starting from firing Petrie (which cost us...Giannis, as you might recall), keeping MK around and giving her run of the place, etc. Can't fire the owner - I sure wish you could - so we're stuck with him.

False

Do you, or anyone else have a link to more information on this, would like to read it?

Do you, or anyone else have a link to more information on this, would like to read it?
Here's the part about D'Alessandro (pay wall):

"...Firing Malone, which D’Alessandro took the hit for publicly but multiple sources said was Ranadive’s call, planted a seed of distrust between players and management that players from that time never truly recovered from..."

https://theathletic.com/1999044/202...chaos-in-the-kings-front-office/?redirected=1

Didn't read the Breton piece concerning Vlade and his desire to get another crack (good luck with that--only way that happens is if he buys a team).

Joerger insisted again as with Memphis, this time to the Kings, that it becomes difficult, to coach a team going into the final year of his contract, without an extension. Apparently, in his experience, trying to push the team, and the players response to lame duck coaches...ie Ty Corbin. Besides, under Joerger during his final year as King's head coach, the Kings improved their record considerably +12 games. Why would he have to beg for an extension?
I was referring to the airing of dirty laundry in a public forum, the bashing of his players directly and indirectly, and the whole spat with Williams. I agree that lame duck coaching is not ok. But he had a year left on his contract with us iirc. Also he intentionally tanked a game many Kings fans were desperate to win (a game I nearly bought tickets to) and I have pretty strong questions about his final 20 games overall in which I think he may have just thrown a tantrum over Barnes and gave everyone a finger on the way out.

Here's the part about D'Alessandro (pay wall):

"...Firing Malone, which D’Alessandro took the hit for publicly but multiple sources said was Ranadive’s call, planted a seed of distrust between players and management that players from that time never truly recovered from..."

https://theathletic.com/1999044/202...chaos-in-the-kings-front-office/?redirected=1

Didn't read the Breton piece concerning Vlade and his desire to get another crack (good luck with that--only way that happens is if he buys a team).
Vlade best chance of being a Front Office Exec is in Europe.