The Amazing Race - 10

1st place: Models
2nd: blondes
3rd: Rob and Kimberly
4th: Moms

It could have been creative editing, but the *-wins looked completely inept tonight. They had an opportunity to get a lead on the single moms at one point but insisted on waiting for them. The moms then followed the Cho's only to find themselves stopping every five minutes to get "better directions". The Cho's were sputtering, indecisive, and just plain annoying. Finally, the moms bolted, found their own way around and ended up in fourth...FAR in front of the Cho brothers. The models summed it up best: "being book-smart doesn't always help you in this race."

And the teaser for next week hinted that the blondes may be in last at some point with the single moms in position to yield them. But again, that could be creative editing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So the Cho Brothers were eliminated? That's a shame, if so.

Is it wrong of me to hope for some kind of "to the death" cage match between the blondes and the models?

;)

So the Cho Brothers were eliminated? That's a shame, if so.

Is it wrong of me to hope for some kind of "to the death" cage match between the blondes and the models?

;)
Yes, the Cho's are gone...bummer, indeed.

Let's see...is it wrong for you to hope for a cage match? No.

Is it wrong for you to want it to be "to the death?" Probably...but it would be awfully entertaining.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I'll modify it ... "To the death" cage match, as in normal soap opera "to the death" ...

Better?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The stupid blondes finally end up in last place and it's a non-elimination stop? ACK!!!

Of course, no matter how upset I am, it cannot even possibly come close to how upset the other three teams must have been.

Well, hopefully just one more week to watch for their downfall.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The stupid blondes finally end up in last place and it's a non-elimination stop? ACK!!!
I saw that coming....they always keep the final four around for a couple of episodes before getting to the final three. Normally I don't mind, but last night I was praying that they would break from tradition.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't know about anyone else. I detest them because they've acted from the beginning as though they're better than everyone else. They've made some horrible comments about other teams that were clearly way out of line. They have no compassion, no real idea of what it's like to respect fellow human beings, etc. They're shallow, they're totally self-absorbed and they make me want to hurl.

I honestly think they're the first team that will walk away from this experience without learning ANYTHING about any of the different cultures they've been exposed to. For them, it's just about them. They've viewed all the people they've met along the way simply as tools for their use.

Last edited:
Personally I think that bama (or more specifically ONE member of bama) have (has) been significantly more rude egocentric, nasty, hypocritical than ANY other team.

She (skinnier Bama) is just insufferable, in my opinion. As an example, coming to the yield, Bama was taking constantly about how they were going to yield the blondes, then the blondes beat bama to the yield, and yielded Bama, and she said something to the effect of: "I'm not surprised they yield us, they are just "that" type of people...”

She has been a snot AND a hypocrite EVERY episode of the game. Just unlikable, imho.

As an example, coming to the yield, Bama was taking constantly about how they were going to yield the blondes, then the blondes beat bama to the yield, and yielded Bama, and she said something to the effect of: "I'm not surprised they yield us, they are just "that" type of people...”

I noticed that as well. It was so hypocritical that it was funny.

As far as the whole show goes, I try and not judge people's character too much. For instance, I think that the two blonds are just playing very hard to win the race.

I would hate for people to see me on the show on decide what kind of person that I am. I would be sleep deprived, suffering from a heavy case of jet-lag, constantly stressed from the competition, not knowing where to go, can't speak to the natives, hungry etc........oh yeah - I would be on big a** by about day 2 on the race.

good point....

but if we can't be hyper-critical judgemental a-holes about television reality show contestents, then when CAN we ?!?

(If I lose this outlet for being judgemental, surely it'll leak out somewhere else... and both my wife and my secretary are liable to hit me!)

good point....

but if we can't be hyper-critical judgemental a-holes about television reality show contestents, then when CAN we ?!?

(If I lose this outlet for being judgemental, surely it'll leak out somewhere else... and both my wife and my secretary are liable to hit me!)

Good point in return. You can be judgemental if you would like. I know that it is part of the fun of watching these shows and I do it as well.

I just feel bad for contestants on some of the shows. I would hate for some of my worst moments (due to mental and physical exhaustion) to be broadcast nationally.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think there's a difference between worst moments due to mental and phsyical exhaustion and a general bee-atch attitude which has seemed pervasive for the blondes throughout the show.

They're blonde, they're gorgeous, they're used to getting their own way all the time with a minimum of effort. IMHO I think that's one of the reasons they were selected. To see how typical Barbies could relate to the real world. I still contend they haven't done a very good job in that respect. They have made no effort to reach out to any of the people they've encountered anywhere in the world and the disdain they felt for more than one country's people has been pretty obvious.

They're blonde, they're gorgeous, they're used to getting their own way all the time with a minimum of effort. IMHO I think that's one of the reasons they were selected. To see how typical Barbies could relate to the real world.
This is one of the most prejudicial comments I have heard in a long while. I think you are better than this VF.

I know that it is socially acceptable to talk about attractive women with blond hair like this, but c'mon.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're kidding, right? That's prejudicial? WHY do you think the producors picked them? Hello? Because they're blonde and they're beautiful. I'm not saying anything that isn't obvious. And their actions have spoken pretty clearly, IMHO. I'm only basing my comments on what I've seen on the screen - the persona the producers have chosen to put forth. It's no different than talking about a character on a soap opera. These people - and all contestants on reality shows - give up all personal identity when they go on those shows.

I am not kidding at all. Substitue any race, religion or creed in for "blonds" and then insert some kind of sterotype associated with the group (like you have with these two women) and you have yourself a very, very ugly comment.

However, if it an attractive female with blond hair - well, hey all is fair.

Assume everything comes easy to them in life, call them "stupid blonds," etc.; the only difference is that it is socially acceptable to talk like this about women with blond hair.

It is simple prejudice.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I am not kidding at all. Substitue any race, religion or creed in for "blonds" and then insert some kind of sterotype associated with the group (like you have with these two women) and you have yourself a very, very ugly comment.

However, if it an attractive female with blond hair - well, hey all is fair.

Assume everything comes easy to them in life, call them "stupid blonds," etc.; the only difference is that it is socially acceptable to talk like this about women with blond hair.

It is simple prejudice.
Yeah, okay.

I am not going to defend a comment made about a couple of CHARACTERS on a TV show. It is not racist, it is not prejudicial. If you want to put that label on VF21, you're no better than what you're accusing me of.

You have chosen to totally disregard my comments about why those two young ladies were chosen for the show. In addition, you're making a mountain out of a molehill out of this and, in doing so, calling me something pretty hateful. I strongly suggest you look at your comments.

I'm done debating this with you for the simple reason you cannot see the difference between talking about CONTROLLED CHARACTERS (meaning the producers have total control of what is shown to define the characters) on a TV show and making insults to someone who has a pretty clearly defined persona on this board.

VF,

I am not insulting you. I am just saying that calling these two women "stupid blonds," and suggesting that everything in life has been handed to them because they are attractive and blond is not fair.

I understand that the show may have put them on the show because they are blond. That is their issue.

My issue is that when people at large make comments about blonds like you have, other people begin to accept it and that really sucks if you happen to have blond hair.

It just is not right.

UMM. ok. It must totaly suck to be beautiful and blonde and have that against you.

Three blondes came up to a bar and ordered a round of shots. They all toasted "34 days". The bartender asked what was the signifigance of 34 days. They replied that they had just finished a jig-saw puzzle that said 2-3 years on the side in only 34 days.:D

sorry, no offense - I simply could not help myself.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Uh oh. I hope you're ready for the Legion of Beautiful Blonde defenders to show up in Truckee and thrash you severely. We won't tell them about the current temperatures in your area.

:p

And with that the blondies are out.

I am rooting for the couple, they loosely remind me of the Mrs. and I. I still think that this is the best season yet. The tomato war was classic!

I don't think i could stand for being hit on the head by a tomato. I'm kinda glad the "blonds" are gone. For future challenges I hope that they eliminate "extra people" being in their cars(because remember there's also the camera crew that follow). Asking for directions...fine, following a person occasionally...ok but every single country...not cool.

What's with all these guys yelling at their wives/girlfriends? It may have possible that Rob was getting hit alot too but all they showed was Kimberly getting hit in the head.

Karlyn got on my nerves too.

BTW The Amazing Race 11 will in fact be an All-Star Edition

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm pretty satisfied with the final three.

Point that made me stare the most was when the Barbies actually asked the models to let them step on the mat first to avoid elimination...

At this point, I think the model are the prohibitive favorites simply because they have finished first more often. I admire the Bamas, however. They are the least fit and yet they've managed to continue to compete, even when it looked as though they were totally done.

The idea of an all-star edition is intriguing. I wonder if that means good ol' Allyson will return.

;)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
And with that the blondies are out.

I am rooting for the couple, they loosely remind me of the Mrs. and I. I still think that this is the best season yet. The tomato war was classic!
I hope you are a little more kind and respectfull to your mate than that clown is. ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ACK! In watching the Kings totally dominate the Hawks, I completely forgot about the final installment.

Help me, please???

Who won???????

James & Tyler won

Rob and Kimberly came second

Lyn & Karlyn came in third due to inabilty to get on a flight from Paris to NYC

Final Destination: Garrison NY (Putnam County....not too far away from where I live)

I hope you are a little more kind and respectfull to your mate than that clown is. ;)
Of course, but we have been known to mutually bicker :rolleyes: . And I get frustrated easily but never give up. We are in a much different place in our relationship than they are, 12 years, 2 boys etc.

The finale was only an hour as compared to years past which was two. L & K were leading into Paris having connected to a closer airport, but then lost it when the airport that they chose doesn't go from Paris to NYC. The Detour everyone chose invovled sewing a jacket. The Roadblock was skydiving, which made Rob peeved to the point that Kimberly asked:

I thought we were here to win a million dollars not skydive

Kimberly slipped trying to get a clue box, fell flat on her butt...I laughed, I'm sorry.

T & J saved time because the cab driver had an E-Z Pass(so that you're not looking for change to pay the toll booth) and R & K did not.

Phil pulled out a cell phone (ad for Sprint) for T & J to call their families.