The Amazing Race - 10

Wow. You seem to harbor a lot of resentment. Competing in something like this with only one leg is pretty danged impressive, IMHO.
I do not harbor resentment. I just think that it is more impressive when somebody with disability just goes about life without making an issue of it very chance they get. Take me for example, I am intellectually deficient, but I do not mention it in very post do I?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I do not harbor resentment. I just think that it is more impressive when somebody with disability just goes about life without making an issue of it very chance they get. Take me for example, I am intellectually deficient, but I do not mention it in very post do I?
It's the producers who decide what gets onto the show. They obviously think there's something inspirational about Sarah and her quest to win, and so do I. She was picked to compete partially because of her disability. She knows it, we know it. So why wouldn't they talk about it?

I don't think she's trying to impress you or anyone else. She's doing this to prove to herself just how much she can do. And that's admirable, whether she's got a disability or not.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another pretty impressive episode.

I especially liked the brothers who stood and paid homage to all those who were imprisoned in the Hanoi Hilton and to honor all those currently fighting in wars around the world. It was a classy thing to do. I think they (Erwin and Godwin) are my favorites to win.

Was a great episode.

Do not pick them to win, but the gay couple is really entertaining to watch.

I do hope that the Dad can accept his lesbian daughter. He should have listened to her.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
More pretty demanding challenges this week. I'm getting really tired of Peter, Sarah's partner. She's putting it all out there and he's acting like a spoiled brat.

I was hoping the blondes would be gone this week. I don't like the way they treat everyone else. I've seen them push, shove, and jostle their way to the front of lines, etc. They really need to be taken down a peg or six.

I think the coalminer and his wife are probably having the best experience. They're really getting to know a lot about each other AND the world.

This is really a much better series than a lot of people give it credit for being.

I would say that was one of the best episodes ever, Amazing Race is hands down the best reality show on TV.

Incredible one liners backed up by the scenery. How inspiring is it to hear "Sarah, you have found your power, just relax"? Or the guy jumping out of the boat and pulling it to the junk? I was really sorry to see them go! You could see that Phil was bummed for them.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Actually my favorite moment this season was when the coal miners wife was talking aobut how she had never met a gay person before and how much she liked T&T. It was funny, beautifull and had a positive message, what more can you ask for?

Actually my favorite moment this season was when the coal miners wife was talking aobut how she had never met a gay person before and how much she liked T&T. It was funny, beautifull and had a positive message, what more can you ask for?
Funny, I almost mentioned that as well.

The Amazing Race is good about choosing people that defy stereotypes, and the coal miners from Kentucky are a great example of that. While they haven't met a lot of diverse people and haven't left Kentucky, they seem to thoroughly be enjoying the experience of meeting new types of people. Nice to see, indeed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm going to predict that one of my favorite moments will be when the blondes are sent home. I do not like them...primarily because they are arguably the most shallow, self-absorbed, callous "real" people I've ever seen on TV.

I agree with both Celt and D-Mass. The message this show sends is about teamwork and triumph, friendship and failure.

My favorite teams over the seasons haven't always been the ones who won. They've been the ones who got the most from the journey. And the biggest prize isn't always the cash...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think he and the two Barbies deserve each other. The previews made it look as though there may be trouble on the horizon in Barbieland. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Blast! So excited about the game last night I forgot to watch the end of the show. Who got eliminated???

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I liked them at first. As time went on, I really grew annoyed at him. Sarah I still respect. She has a lot of courage. I hope she dumps the jerk.

Thanks, Kingzrool.

:D

I hope she dumps the jerk.
I think she did because at the end of the show when they interview the teams, she said she don't want to be with Peter anymore. She really learn what kind of person Peter is from the race.

David and Mary came in first place because they did a Fast Forward. So they didn't get any penalties.

Here is my run down:

Peter and Sarah both iritated me... Peter much much much more, but they both did. Glad they are gone.

The KY coalminers: she is a shrew to him, and he is a lost little puppy-dog, but they are fun to watch, and endearing in spite of it all.

The alabama moms: one of them is a total ball of festering pestulance. Awful. They other usually seems fine by comparison. I want them gone.

the Cho bros: Very nice and good. too much so to root for. (how can you root for the team that is gift wrapped for audience support)

the models: For the most part I'm nuetral on them. I did't think their little fight at the airline counter shined them in the best light... but I thought the bama-mamas were worse, so I give them a little pass there. I'm glad we don't have to hear how EVERYTHING is just like beating addiction anymore...

Rob & Kim: very irritating. They blow up all the time over nothing, and call each other "babe" far far too much. Yet somehow I don't hate them nearly as much as the rightfully deserve. I can't figure it out. (but they ARE still iritating)

the blondes: its always easy to hate the token barbie team. But they just haven't made much of an impression one way or the other on me. Just kinda there...

so in the end... I root for the KY team just because they are so unlikely to win; or <yawn> I root for the 'wins (ir- and god-) yes they are pre-packaged to root for, but they are the most likable, though I wish they'd knock back on the "alliance" crap. Yes, help out your friend teams when you can, but don't WAIT for them... that is moronic.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice assessment, doc.

I like the Cho bros because they are just ... welll ... likeable. The fact they took a moment in the Hanoi Hilton to honor all those who had been imprisoned there really touched me. I also like the KY team because, as you've said, they're endearing.

I detest the models, because their smug superiority overshadows any kind of positive vibes they may send out. The Barbies are just stereotypical of spoiled little blondes who just cannot imagine how someone could not like them, even after they've tried to stab them in the heart.

All in all, a good mix of teams and one that I keep tuning in to watch.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Another good episode and I loved how truly difficult the fast forward was... Sorry to see the Kentucky couple go. I really enjoyed watching them. I think they made some friendships that will last long after the show has ended.

Hey VF LOL ... Hey I like the Barbies...:)

AR10 has been awesome so far. They have really stepped up the challenges this year and all I have to say is... I like it!!!

I don't mind Kentucky going, they were great / solid people and pretty entertaining... but they seemed more concerned with making friends then making 1mil. Nice people / teams have a fault, that is they are always watching out for how they are perceived vs there goal which was to win.

People like the Barbies, T&J, Rob & Kim will most likely be your final 3. Very aggressive players doing anything to get ahead in the game, keyword of course is game. HOWEVER!!!! This year AR10 has put that into factor, that intersection was awesome and it could of really hurt the Barbies, they got lucky this time.

Also liked how the Fast Forward wasn't a gimme like it usually is. Very very nice. Should be getting a Yield in the next week or so, will be interesting to see if that is played. I HATE when nobody uses that.

watching those guys eat cow lips with hair and parts of teeth may have been one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. I had to stop eating my evening snack when I saw it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, can someone fill me in? What happened last night?

EDIT: I found this related story...

http://www.realityblurred.com/reali...race_10/2006_Nov_07_david_mary_view_car_house

David and Mary receive a new car and house from Rosie O’Donnell on The View
recent stories about The Amazing Race 10

David and Mary, the Kentuckians who were eliminated from The Amazing Race 10 during Sunday’s episode, won’t have to return home to their trailer with only $6,000 to show for their appearance on the series.

That’s because, on The View this morning, Rosie “O’Donnell praised the couple for being so friendly and polite to the other teams on Amazing Race and to strangers they encountered along the way” and “then rewarded them with a limited edition Ford Explorer,” canada.com reports.

Rosie also “told them their trailer home in Stone, Kentucky will be replaced by a new single-family house” and “urged them to donate their trailer to a family that needs it.”

They also received “a MacBook computer; a Canon Rebel digital camera; trips to San Diego, Disneyland and the Grand Canyon; [and] a cruise with Rosie O’Donnell’s travel company.”

Last edited: