Thank You Rick Adelman

Placeholder thread.

Regardless of what announcment is made this afternoon, I want to be the first to say Thank you Rick Adelman for everything.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice idea, vj9999....

If people want to post a "thank God he's gone" thread I hope they do so and NOT turn this into something it wasn't meant to be.

Let's keep things civil, folks. Passions run high on both sides but there is NO need to turn this into something ugly.

Thanks for understanding.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Thanks RA

as for Kings - we must be so fortunate to be able to afford to get rid of the coach who has + 700 wins or maybe they just grow on treeshese days

Thanks Rick. I feel bad that you did not win a championship here because of all the injuries, the trades, the lakers, the refs, etc. It has been great to see you on the sidelines instead of a knucklehead like Don Nelson. I hope you have success wherever you go in your career. YOU brought playoff basketball to Sacramento. Thanks man.

I remember the horrible parade of coaches before Adelman, and when they brought Rick in the difference was incredible -- FINALLY, the Kings had a coach who actually knew what he was doing.

I'm very sorry to see Rick go, he's one of the best.

Thanks Rick... You have always been a class act on and off the court. Installed one of the most high octane, fluid, fun to watch offenses ever. Consistanly won, and turned problem players into solid citizens. You were treated like crap this last season, and wish you luck wherever you go.

Thank you Rick- best of luck in everything that follows. I hope you link up with another team simply so that you can return to Arco and get the same standing ovation that greeted Vlade and Webb. You deserve at least that, even from the people who are ready to see you go.

Remember people, even if you don't agree with all his moves, he is still partly responsible for the 8 consecutive years of playoffs and joy!!!

Thanks Rick! You have been the most memorable coach and most winningess coach in the Sacramento era. There will be nothing but great memories of you and the squads you coached during your tenure with the Kings.

Nothing over the past 8 years would have been possible without the role Rick Adelman has played. My sincere thanks to Rick and his staff. I wish him well in the next step he takes and am sorry that those steps aren't here in Sacramento with the Kings.

Here's to the most succesful coach in Kings History...

THANK YOU RICK!!!!!!

Always liked your style. You took us to the playoffs 8 years in a row, despite roster changes, injuries and general bad luck. GOOD LUCK to you wherever you end up. May God bless you and your family.

Last edited:
Rick,

To me this entire decision depends on who we now hire to replace you. The fact is we made the playoffs every year since you have been here, you have made Sacramento Kings a name not just people in Sacramento have heard of.

This decision by the Maloofs gives me mixed feelings... like I said to me it all depends on the replacement... I must say thank you and wish you luck and hope someday you get that ring you so desirve. You have proved to me you are a great coach andyou will be missed here in Sactown.

The grass is always greener... I think the Maloofs will soon find the true meaning of this expression now that your gone.

Who will we pick in next years lottery?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
ReinadelosReys said:
Nothing over the past 8 years would have been possible without the role Rick Adelman has played. My sincere thanks to Rick and his staff. I wish him well in the next step he takes and am sorry that those steps aren't here in Sacramento with the Kings.

Here's to the most succesful coach in Kings History...
Well put.

Thanks Rick - You know the reception you'll get when you return - the same as that of our favorite former players....

Thanks Rick for being the best coach Sacramento has ever had. Thanks for the past 8 years of playoff appearances, being that we may not make it to the playoffs these next few years while we try to incorporate new philosophies. You will be sorely missed here.

Thank you for a great run. I thoroughly enjoyed rooting for you and this team over the past 8 seasons. I have enjoyed and appreciated your coaching style the entire time. I've also enjoyed your humor and attitude through difficult times. Good luck wherever you land.

Rick, thanks for everything you've given to Sacramento, and this team. Watching you take this team from a team who won 27 games in 1997-1998, to a team with 8 consecutive playoff appearances was truely amazing. I hope that you move on & have a wonderful career wherever you may go, but you will always have a special place in Sacramento history!

i'm sad to see you go rick. i thought you really did a great job while coaching the kings, and had a break gone the kings way back in 02, the kings would have won a ring.

thanks for everything rick, i wish you the best ( accept when playing the kings :D)

Thanks for everything Rick, you're the only coach I've known since I became a KIngs fan and it's going to be weird watching the games without you there.
I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do. You will be missed.

thank you Rick. i started watching this game because of your offense, and what you meant and have done for this franchise will always be remembered with the utmost appreciation. good luck to you wherever you decide to go (i know you'll make a difference); you certainly deserve to be treated better than you were this season.

THANK YOU, RICK ADELMAN!!!

I will root for you and your next team to win except when you play the KINGS! PLEASE, don't go to a Pac Division team!!

Thank you Rick Adelman. It has been a great journey, so I wish you nothing but happiness and good health.

Best of Luck.

I am sure you will be coaching a new team next season.