Talking TV (player's viewing habits :) )

sacbee

Kings 2004 preview: Talking TV

We posed some questions to the Kings about their television viewing habits. Here's what they had to say.

Published 2:15 am PST Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Kevin Martin

Question: What shows do you watch?Answer: Probably the old-school shows: "Fresh Prince," "Martin."

Q: Who wins between Steve Urkel and Fresh Prince in a basketball game?

A: Fresh Prince, he's got the game. His height, his weight, he's just better overall.

Q: Entertainment center?

A: I just purchased a house, so there is really nothing in it yet. I'm gonna make it look kind of nice. It's gonna be one of those houses you can put on "MTV Cribs."

Q: How does that process work, getting your house on Cribs?

A: Oh, I'm gonna have Chris (Webber) hook me up.

Darius Songaila

Q: What shows do you watch?A: I just watch all the reality shows that my wife is watching. All of them -where they switch wives, they're bachelors. I don't know the names of them, but it seems that lately the reality shows have been the thing. So whatever my wife watches, I just watch.

Q: Any other shows?

A: Well, my wife also watches "The OC" and that Malibu thing, whatever it is.

Matt Barnes

Q: What shows do you watch?A: Some MTV stuff, like the "Real World." I like the reality shows.

Q: How would you handle yourself on "Real World"?

A: They need me on "Real World"; they'd love me. I'd provide a lot of entertainment, a lot of fun, some shocks, some bleep-outs. I'd make sure everyone had a good time, and they'd remember me.

A: The flat screen is in now, the 52-inch flat screen with surround sound. That's basically what we watch on. Then we got the video games in the big-screen room.

Bobby Jackson

Q: What TV shows do you watch?A: I watch a lot of reality TV right now. That's probably my downfall; I watch too much TV when I'm at home. I watch "Real World," I watch "Lost," I watch "One on One."

Q: What would you make happen in the Real World house?

A: I wouldn't want to go. I wouldn't want to do nothing like that. Being filmed on TV? Naw, I can't be filmed on TV, man.

Q: You're filmed on TV every night playing basketball.

A: I can play basketball every night, but when it comes to your personal life, I think everybody needs their space, man.

Q: So why do you like reality TV?

A: I like it because it's the truth.

A: Nothing special, I got a 23-inch TV with some boom around it. I need glasses to watch my TVs.

Chris Webber

Q: What do you watch now?A: Right now, my favorite show is probably like "The Bernie Mac Show" or "Chappelle's Show." But growing up, I was strictly like Fred Sanford, "Good Times," "Gilligan's Island," "Super Friends" cartoon. I was a big cartoon dude, so I watched all the cartoons.

Q: Any characters you can relate to?

A: I really relate to Fred Sanford. I don't know why I grew up liking him. I think me and my father, we don't have a relationship like that. He doesn't call me "big dummy" or nothing, but it's kind of like that. "Good Times" actually, I come from a big family, so anything with a big family, I could kind of relate to.

Q: Entertainment center? A: I got a nice entertainment system. I've got like a 130-inch screen. Yeah, it's pretty cool. I'm a TVaholic -I watch too much TV.

Last edited:
you're welcome :)

yeah, i like this article,too!

darius is funny.. he just watches what his wife watches and he doesn't even know what the titles are.. :)

LMM said:
darius is funny.. he just watches what his wife watches and he doesn't even know what the titles are.. :)
I know!! I was laughing when I read his part! LOL :D
Darius, the title is called Trading Spouse and Wife Swap. I know cause I watch them too.

Kevin's house sound like it would look nice...MTV Crib like? ;)

Thanks for posting this article, LMM. I like these kinds too!

Darius is such a sweetheart and so funny!!!! His wife is so lucky... :)

Kings players have so much personality and they seem so real.

I am curious to know if Webber watches “The Next Top Model”. So far this is the only reality show I am currently watching.

Chris probably has been on the set, I could see him doing that.

Did anyone see the VH1 special on Tyra Banks on Saturday? Her talent, courage and intelligence really impressed me. She is a very independent woman and I see that as a commodity in her business, and in a relationship with a sports star.

This was a good tidbit of info about some of our beloved Kings, thanks for posting it!