Take Wizard expirings and get 15th pick?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
this may not be the place for this but apparently the Wizards are willing to attach their 15th pick if someone takes one of their expirings off their hands due to the fact that they are looking to shed salary...only thing, who would be left at 15th worth taking?

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
this may not be the place for this but apparently the Wizards are willing to attach their 15th pick if someone takes one of their expirings off their hands due to the fact that they are looking to shed salary...only thing, who would be left at 15th worth taking?
If Miles Bridges or Robert Williams fall down to that #15 pick I would be all over this!

Think I'd do it, lot of really intriguing guys projected around this range I want:

Shai-Gilgeous Alexander
Zhaire Smith (probably gone)
Robert Williams
Troy Brown
Kevin Knox

Alexander though is quickly rising up my draft boards. Just has that absolutely awesome size/wingspan and he got better and better as the year went on. He's a dynamite defensive prospect and might actually step in and be the best defensive guard on the team. He's an excellent rebounder for the guard position and he was just awesome at getting to the paint and drawing fouls. He's not an overwhelming athlete by any means, but he very much goes to the old man school of Paul Pierce/Tyreke Evans/Rudy Gay where it doesn't look like they're moving, but they still get to whatever spot they want anyway. .464 FTr is just fantastic and if you watch a couple games, Shai pretty much gets into the paint at will and can finish at the rim with either hand.

Think probably the best way I could describe him is he's just steady in the way he plays the game. Never really gets out of control, not a selfish guy who's going to look to take a bunch of shots, perfectly happy letting his defense shine and making an impact without scoring. He's not a scorer and probably will never be a great one at the NBA level, which is keeping him out of the top 10 right now, but I just see so much potential on the defensive end and for a guy who has such a nice skill at getting to the rim, despite not having overwhelming athleticism.

I could definitely see a Marcus Smart type impact where you can let him defend the 1-2 and some 3s and get a really good secondary ball-handler/passer to boot. Without the bonehead offensive "shooting" that Smart does too.

I don't think they'd be willing to give it up just for cap space. However, I think WCS is someone they'd be really interested in. Around 15 seems to be loaded with SGs, but if we can get a legitimate SF, I'd be down.

Entity

Hall of Famer
we could take Morris. if i thought we had a chance at anybody in FA i wouldn't do it. but that would be a lot of money coming off the books next season.