Summer League: California Summer Classic (July 2-5)

Anyone else wondering about Fox and summer league. He certainly could use it but have not yet heard he is going to play. Seen a lot of Giles and Jackson working hard. Less so Fox and Skal.

Anyone else wondering about Fox and summer league. He certainly could use it but have not yet heard he is going to play. Seen a lot of Giles and Jackson working hard. Less so Fox and Skal.
I don’t know how accurate this link is but it’s getting updated daily with Summer League rosters. It has Fox playing, I would question
the front office if he wasn’t.

http://www.hoopobsession.com/2018summerrosters.html

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t know how accurate this link is but it’s getting updated daily with Summer League rosters. It has Fox playing, I would question
the front office if he wasn’t.

http://www.hoopobsession.com/2018summerrosters.html
I'd say the accuracy is pretty questionable. It shows Luka Doncic playing for Dallas and the Mavs have already said that it's unlikely he'll play in Summer League.

I'd rather have him spend that time building strength in the weight room and working on his shot ;)
His shot already looks good and by all accounts he is a good shooter in practice. He needs to start applying that to actual games where it actually matters. That's the mean reason I want him in summer league.

I agree that he needs to hit the weight room hard though.

Gabriel reminds me of an Aminu type player
Yep. Their progression thru the amatuers on much different time/development frames. Gabriel's HS team was actually very bad, and he'd put up all sorts of crazy stats. He really blew up in a short amount of time, he was outside of the top-100 and then Duke and UK wanted him in the blink of an eye.

Aminu on the other hand was a boss in HS and college and a lotto pick. He's a bit bigger and a bit more fluid, better passer, better dribbler. I remember watching him bust Greg Monroe's ass real bad even tho he ws the consensus #1 player in the class.

Gabriel is clearly a better 3pt shooter at this stage though, it's not even close. There's many similarities tho,both ball hawks/excellent motors, great intangibles, team first low-profile guys.

Emiliano Carchia: Undrafted combo guard Allerik Freeman will play the NBA Summer League with the Sacramento Kings, per sources. Freeman spent his senior season in NCAA with NC State averaging 16.1ppg

15 hours ago – via Twitter Sportando
Cool!! remember watching Al Freeman at Baylor and thinking he was gonna make the NBA. He had many bright performances this year for NC State too. I always thought he was just overlooked cuz he's an inch or 2 short.

He led a big upset over #2 Arizona too..

With him and Marcus Foster this team is gonna have a nice scoring punch at the SG spot..

Yep. Their progression thru the amatuers on much different time/development frames. Gabriel's HS team was actually very bad, and he'd put up all sorts of crazy stats. He really blew up in a short amount of time, he was outside of the top-100 and then Duke and UK wanted him in the blink of an eye.

Aminu on the other hand was a boss in HS and college and a lotto pick. He's a bit bigger and a bit more fluid, better passer, better dribbler. I remember watching him bust Greg Monroe's ass real bad even tho he ws the consensus #1 player in the class.

Gabriel is clearly a better 3pt shooter at this stage though, it's not even close. There's many similarities tho,both ball hawks/excellent motors, great intangibles, team first low-profile guys.
Honestly for the money, are you really going to find a Durant stopper in this FA pool? Hell nah.