StopAshlee.com

Ok I know we had a big thread aabout Ashlee Simpson but I thought this would get lost so Im opening up a new thread.

I heard about this site a week ago and I decided to take a look. It was started by an 18 year old in Boston I believe.

An amazing 273,000+ have signed this in just the 2 months its been online.

I'm 273,642 :p

http://www.stopashlee.com/

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
There is no such thing as "Bad" publicity and that list of signatures is proof positive that 273,789 people are paying attention to Ashlee thusly gaurenteeing we will have to see more of her. Now if folks would just ignore he she would be begging for a gig on celebrity mole in less than a year.

Hndsm, that's actually an excellent point. I can only cringe everytime she is on TV, even if it's someone poking fun at something dumb she had said or done recently. My question is, if she can get a record contract with her "talent" then I should have one too...I mean I can sing along with the radio on key, most of the time. :D

I think that there is such a thing as bad publicity. Just ask Michael Jackson, O.J. Simpson, and Robert Blake. Ashley Simpson must be the worst performer on the planet. She certainly doesn't qualify as a singer.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was watching Jay Leno and she came out to sign the Harley they're going to be auctioning off to raise money for Tsunami Relief. Jay quipped the bike had just increased in value by $10,000 because of her signature. Based on the moans from the audience, I don't think they agreed (nor did I).

I somehow find it insulting that Ashlee Simpson is putting her signature on the same item as Clint Eastwood, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, Gov. Arnold and other Hollywood types who actually have or have had legitimate careers.

This young woman has two claims to fame:

1. Her sister
2. Her comparison to the other great music joke, Milli Vanilli

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
ImaDougaholic24_7 said:
Well we'll get to see how it all went down tonight and all the excuses behind it.. will anyone be watching? anyone that will admit to watching..?
No offense, but what are you talking about?

I'm totally lost.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
quick dog said:
I think that there is such a thing as bad publicity. Just ask Michael Jackson, O.J. Simpson, and Robert Blake. Ashley Simpson must be the worst performer on the planet. She certainly doesn't qualify as a singer.
World of differnence between criminal charges and publicity, but my understanding is that MJ is still selling tons of CD's, as for OJ and Blake since their careers were esentialy over by the time of their arrests hard to say the publicity HURT them, and if Blake gest off it will be interesting to see if his career is resurected by the fame of his trial.

Dude I hate to break this news to you, but signing some petition online won't stop a person from not singing or whatever. Nice try, though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
iheartBrad said:
VF do you know who Ashlee Simpson actually is cuz you really do seem kinda lost
I know exactly who she is. I'm not IMPRESSED with her in any way, shape or form and firmly believe if her sister WASN'T Jessica Simpson we wouldn't know anything about her.

I saw her embarrassing performance on SNL; I heard her lame excuses afterwards. Most recently, I saw her babbling on the Tonight Show when she came out and signed the Harley Jay Leno is going to be auctioning off for Tsunami Relief. I personally think her signature will cause the value of the motorcycle to decrease.

I'm not lost. What is lost, I think, is the standard of what makes someone a "star."

haha

well personally im no fan of Ashlee Simpson...i think she is annoying as all hell...when i watch the show i wanna just come through the TV and ring her neck...ugh!
BUT i love Jessica...thats my girl...she is dumb as all hell...but it doesn't bother me like it bothers lots of other people...i think its hilarious...i dunno maybe its cuz sometimes i see a little of myself in her...if Jessica was from my town and we were the same age we'd be best friends...and i know what a lot of you are prolly thinking right now...:eek:

as for Hillary Duff...BLAH!

but i love Lindsay Lohan...the actress not the singer...i made the mistake of putting her cd on my Xmas list...just cuz i figured its gotta be good she's awesome...but i stand corrected...the cd is absolutely horrible....and i actually have Ashlee Simpson's cd...which also isn't winning a Grammy but believe it or not she's better at the profession than Lindsay is...lol

sadly enough i see Ashlee and Lindsay as fading away eventually but Hillary...i have a feeling she's hear to stay

I agree IHeartBrad.. nobody seems to hate Hilary.. and her voice is DREADFUL, as simon would say! Just because she starred on her little show that's why she's a singer. So, if you're on a show you don't have to have a good voice to be a singer? Jessica Simpson does totally rock. She has the voice, she may be dumb..but see I great voice and one of my favorite celebrities.

Lindsay Lohan..I also agree with you about that, she is better on the acting road.. as for Ashlee..I wouldn't continue singing just because.."Oh, my sissy is famous! Its her choice, if she wants to embarass herself more than she can:rolleyes:

iheartBrad said:
haha

BUT i love Jessica...thats my girl...she is dumb as all hell...but it doesn't bother me like it bothers lots of other people...i think its hilarious...i dunno maybe its cuz sometimes i see a little of myself in her...if Jessica was from my town and we were the same age we'd be best friends...and i know what a lot of you are prolly thinking right now...:eek:
Word. I am also a huge fan of Jessica; she is so sweet and funny.

To me she is more ditzy than dumb.

PejaFanatic said:
Word. I am also a huge fan of Jessica; she is so sweet and funny.

To me she is more ditzy than dumb.

Jessica Simpson is a ditz but shes very intelligent. Or so I read a few weeks ago. Claimed she has an IQ of 150.

Must be a generation thing because I cant stand her. Iritating doesnt even describe her.... Lohan isnt as bad though...

VF21 said:
I know exactly who she is. I'm not IMPRESSED with her in any way, shape or form and firmly believe if her sister WASN'T Jessica Simpson we wouldn't know anything about her.

I saw her embarrassing performance on SNL; I heard her lame excuses afterwards. Most recently, I saw her babbling on the Tonight Show when she came out and signed the Harley Jay Leno is going to be auctioning off for Tsunami Relief. I personally think her signature will cause the value of the motorcycle to decrease.

I'm not lost. What is lost, I think, is the standard of what makes someone a "star."

WOO-HOO!!

Go VF21!!
Absolutely agree with you