Stockton Kings 2021-2022 Mega Thread

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Watched the game last night. Yeah, might be pretty good this year. Bobby ran some of the big club stuff, when it came down to winning? He pressured the heck out of the ball and went to his mismatch with King. Ramsey didn't shoot well, but my goodness, one SL with Davion might have brought out the defensive potential in him. He has Shumpert potential as a 3 and D player. With waaaay higher upside though since he does have legit SG abilities.

Watched the game last night. Yeah, might be pretty good this year. Bobby ran some of the big club stuff, when it came down to winning? He pressured the heck out of the ball and went to his mismatch with King. Ramsey didn't shoot well, but my goodness, one SL with Davion might have brought out the defensive potential in him. He has Shumpert potential as a 3 and D player. With waaaay higher upside though since he does have legit SG abilities.
I've been hugely impressed with Ramsey's growth since we saw him at the end of last season. He was extremely timid last year, wasn't getting to the rim at all and bricking shots. He came back to SL beefed up, super aggressive on both ends of the court and entirely comfortable with the ball in his hands and creating his own shot.

Was not expecting 2 points on 1-16 shooting from Ramsey from some of the comments here lol. Does look like he had a nice passing game though.

Another killer game from King and a solid outing from Queta. Rebounded much better this game. Looking forward to what these guys can do. The next game isn't for quite some time so it would be nice to see King get some run with the big club.

Was not expecting 2 points on 1-16 shooting from Ramsey from some of the comments here lol. Does look like he had a nice passing game though.

Another killer game from King and a solid outing from Queta. Rebounded much better this game. Looking forward to what these guys can do. The next game isn't for quite some time so it would be nice to see King get some run with the big club.
We hit the road soon. While there's always the possibility of him getting called up, I think the chances of that happening are slim to none. Hope he joins the team when we leave, though honestly, if he's not in Luke's plans, it's better he stays at Stockton.

We hit the road soon. While there's always the possibility of him getting called up, I think the chances of that happening are slim to none. Hope he joins the team when we leave, though honestly, if he's not in Luke's plans, it's better he stays at Stockton.
For a team so short on wings I'm surprised they didn't keep King with the big club. Monte must really see something in Damian Jones to keep him on the roster when there's already 3 veteran bigs (Holmes, Len, and Thompson) and two PFs that could flex to C if really needed in Metu and Bagley. Not to mention drafting Queta.

King is more of a 2/3 and Harkless more of a 3/4 but with Mo shooting around 27% from three and not adding much else beyond decent defense, I'd like to see King get a chance.

Obviously it's not remotely sustainable, but through two games King is averaging 31 ppg on 74% shooting (20 of 27) and 77% (10 of 14) from three. King is also decent at creating his own shot, something the Kings need more of.

Last edited:
exploiting the other teams weaknesses and being aggressive on defense to force the issue? Nah Kangz basketball don’t do that

For a team so short on wings I'm surprised they didn't keep King with the big club. Monte must really see something in Damian Jones to keep him on the roster when there's already 3 veteran bigs (Holmes, Len, and Thompson) and two PFs that could flex to C if really needed in Metu and Bagley. Not to mention drafting Queta.

King is more of a 2/3 and Harkless more of a 3/4 but with Mo shooting around 27% from three and not adding much else beyond decent defense, I'd like to see King get a chance.

Obviously it's not remotely sustainable, but through two games King is averaging 31 ppg on 74% shooting (20 of 27) and 77% (10 of 14) from three. King is also decent at creating his own shot, something the Kings need more of.
Heard them say he needed to work on his help defense. Which is fine. Keep him down with Bobby and let him learn and be the focal point. I think he has finally stopped growing and needs to add 20 lbs of muscle but the kid could be a steal.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Game is airing free on Stockton’s website if y’all want to watch. Just started watching, Queta getting time against Ibaka and commentary making it sound like he’s playing solid minutes against him. Good learning experience.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Our guy is still capable of putting up numbers in the G-League averaging 23/9/3 on 55% shooting so far. So dang talented but caught between positions.
Whoops, was looking at an old season’s stats. Per commentary though, he put up 17/7 off the bench last game.

Last edited: