Spurs @ Kings Game Thread (Game 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Just came home from the trip
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 2000 Kings played Lakers in the first round. We lost the first 2 in LA easily and everyone expected the sweep (best of 5). On April 30th of 2000 game 3 took place at ARCO and the first3 quarters weren't promisig because Lakers had a lead and Kings tried to catch up. Finally in the 4th quarter Kings caught up. We won that quarter 33-20 and the game 99-91. Webber lead Kings with 29/14/8. Vlade was solid with 15/12/1, JWill had 10/2/5. Bench mob was great. Pedja had 19/4 and Tony Delk had 11/5.

It was hard to say whether the mob in the stands or the mob on the court had more of an effect on the Los Angeles Lakers. Spurred on by a raucous sellout crowd at Arco Arena and two pivotal members of the "Bench Mob," the Sacramento Kings fought off elimination with a 99-91 victory over the Lakers in Game Three of their Western Conference first-round series.

Stojakovic scored 10 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter, making a pair of 3-pointers. Delk had nine of his 11 in the final period, running the offense, making shots and grabbing four offensive rebounds to keep alive crucial possessions. Sacramento's subs call themselves the "Bench Mob" and Stojakovic and Delk led a unit that outscored the Lakers' reserves, 34-11, including 21-0 in the fourth quarter.

"I couldn't be more proud of our team," Kings coach Rick Adelman said. "With some of the things that were said about last game, I knew that we were gonna come out and really compete today. We didn't know if that was gonna be enough but it was and so now we live for another day."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As we are getting deeper it is becoming obvious that it is very competative first round in most series. Hasn't been like that in a while.
East:
Pacers vs. Nets - I still like Nets in 6 or 7 depending on the health situation on the Pacers. Krstic playing really well. Pacers have the worst offense beside the Nuggets. Just horrible to watch.
Pistons - Bucks. Bucks avoided he sweep but Pistons in 5.
Heat vs Bulls. - I hope that Bulls can continue to play well. 7 games would be nice. Still it is probably Heat in 5
Cavs - Wizards. Will go 7 and Cavs should win it
West:
Dallas - Memphis - looks like sweep because Mavs are playing the best ball of all 16 teams
Suns - Lakers - I still hope for Suns in 7. Doesn't look like it
Nuggets - Clippers - game still on but it looks like Clippers will win and that would be pretty much it - hence - Clipps in 5
Kings vs. Spurs - I can't be objective here. My hearts says Kings in 6. My mind is telling me Spurs in5 but I am ignoring it.
Kings won the other night, cut the Spurs lead to 2-1 and made it a series by ensuring the game 5. The win while somewhat lucky is more than well deserved but now it will get harder as we go from a "must win" to a "must win" game. Last 2 games were great and the game 4 promises the same.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was a great finish of a great game in which Kings finally ended up on a winning side. When Finley hit that three and Spurs took the lead again it didn't look good. The turnover made it worse. The rest is history. I disagree that it was any kind of "payback" for the game 2 ending simply because we had the lead in 90% of the both games and we deserved to win them both. Losing them both would have been a travesty. Game 4 will probably go to the wire too.
We have to give a lot of credit to the Spurs. We might dislike them a lot or even more but the are just a great team. Well coached with lot's of talent, great defense and a superstar. Sounds just like Kings in 2002 & 2003. Only difference is the fact that they are healthier. Their Bench is just scary. The fact that we managed to play the at least even in the last 2 games speaks highly of our performance. While we might not win the series - we are making them earn everything and sometimes that is all one can ask for.
Tim Duncan is a superstar. He might have had a "bad" season for his standard but the guy is a multiple MVP. He was awsomw in game 3. Most impressive thing is the fact that he dominates on bothe ends of the floor. He made our bigs really look like amateures. Someone said the "SAR owns him." Obviously wrong. While I like SAR's contributions so far - there is no contest. we can only hpe that the Spurs will go to him as sporadically as they did do far. He could score 50 and ther is nothing we could do. (see Webber vs. Mavs)
Manu "flopper" Ginobili contributed a lot to our win the other night. He made a dumb decision, Mike Bibby took advantage and Kevin finished. He cried for a foul mostly because that is what he does. The play was as much a foul as the "moving screan" by Duncan on Bibby. Good no call. If You want to write a letter to Manu - please address it to ron's left pocket because that is where Manu is at the moment
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tony parker really sucked in game 3 and we have to bready for him to have a big game. He is an allstar for a reason and he will come out agressive. He is going to cause bunch of problems with the penetration. Hopefully, we will somehow be able to force him to shoot jumpers again
Ron & Bonzi are carrying the Kings on offense, on defense and on the glass. They are playing great on both ends and the Spurs don't really have a solution to this problem. We should exploit that a lot for the rest of the series. While there are moments where those 2 make really dumb decisions and drive me crazy - we would be done by now without 2 of them.
Mike redeamed himself for the mistake from the game 2. While he is still not playing his best on either end of the floor he was good enough in game 3 for us to win. He benifited from Bowen guarding someone else. He won the matchup vs Parker. Hit some big shots had some nice passes and a huege play at the end. We still need more from Mike. Especially to cut down on those turnovers.
While Brad Miller showed some signs of life - it is still not nearly enough of what we need from him. He is having difficulties with any big Spurs player. Brad really needs a breakout game here and game 4 would be really a good place to start. On the other hand if we continue to play midget ball he might not be playing much.
Rick Adelman was obviously very happy after the shot dropped. He deserved it more than anyone else. Coached a great game again. Milked Bonzi/Ron a lot which was ood. Switched to hobbit ball giving us big + on glas because Bonzi&Ron dominating. Kept Bibby on the floor for the last possesion. Everything paid off in the end for us. Well done.
Finally, ARCO was ARCO again. The 6th,7th and 8th man at the same time. It was great.Place went nutts at the end. Unbeliavable atmosphere. We need the same and more for the game 4 on Sunday. The energy will carry us to hopefully another victory.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TDM award went to Michael Finley. 17/2/2/1/1 is good any day but he also hit some really big shots. he almost beat us at the end. Luckly, almost doesn't count.
LW - VC award went to Many Ginoboli. 8 pts 7 TOs to go with the fact that he is a property of Ron Artest - keep it up Manu
Game 4 will be much harder to win. Spurs will raise their level and apply more pressure. We will have to respond. We ave to go with what worke dso far and hope that we can contain 3pts shooters and most of their key players. We can't allow multiple players to have a big game. The pressure is on us. It is a must win game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - hopefully more efficien and less turnovers
Ron - pills worked well. And ron when You empty out Your pockets be careful because Manu might drop out and hurt himself
Brad - more. It is still not enough.
Bonzi - stick with what works. Stop trying thos crazy passes
SAR - well he doesn't really own Duncan
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin - the hero of the night
KT - fouler out just on time
Cisco - hit a shot kid
the rest - mateen
RA - job well done but now where do we go from here
Spurs are very, very good. Even Rasho can hit a 3 and so can Nazr. They will respond and we need to be ready. So far TDM went to NVE,Barry and finly. You know who is left. I won't say the name.
LW-VC awars will be defended by Ginobili. Kings deserve game 6 at home. It will be a piece of hard work

W

West_Gunslinger16

piksi said:
the rest - mateen
I know I have been a Kings fan since '99 but why do you keep saying that to the rest of the bench/team.

P.S. Forgive my ignorance! :D

I'll miss the end because I have to go to work:mad: but hopefully I'll get 3 quarters in and will watch the rest in the morning. I need to resist the temptation to check the scores on my phone, going to be hard! and hopefully no-one will call me to tell me who won.
I love the Manu comment, piksi:) he used to be one of my favorite players, but not right now.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
West_Gunslinger16 said:
Yeah I know him, but I wasn't aware of what's he's doing.
Mateen sat at the end of the bench, with no hopes of actually getting into the game. One thing you can say for him, however, is that he was a great cheerleader for the team and was often seen waving a towel like crazy. He became known as "The Sacramento Kings towel waver"...a position he held in great distinction. :p

Here's a positive - no Steve Kerr.

No Marv Albert though - I've always enjoyed his commentary.

I'll probably have the volume off though anyway.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Viking said:
No Marv Albert though - I've always enjoyed his commentary.

I'll probably have the volume off though anyway.
He's good but he won't stop bitchin' about Wade.:mad:

piksi said:
PALMER ALERT !!!

she has not been seen in any of the 3 games today and neither was Joey Crawford
:eek: OH NO!!!!!!!!! She was good to us last time, which means - WE ARE IN FOR IT THIS TIME!!!

We need to start taking bets for which King gets a T first from Crawford:mad:

Viking said:
Let's go!!! We believe! Arco had better be rockin'.
it was crazy when they had grant and jerry on and the game has not even began....LETS GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!! BEAT THE SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.