Sound system and arena acoustics - Opinions so far?

I would like to get members opinion that has been to Sir Paul concert and especially to Monday's Game as to the sound at a concert and to the first Basketball Game.
when Pamm and I went to see Sir Paul on the 5th we were in upper level approx. mid-Court Row L

I thought that with Paul on stage to my left I seemed to hear a delayed echo of the songs coming from the Right end of the arena. I would think the acoustics would be such I would get a great sound experience. What were others opinions regarding the concert Sound?

Although I was at AT&T until midnight watching my Cubs Loose, Pamm and her daughter went to game. Our seats are in upper Corner sec 222 on the 4th row

Both Pamm and Sarah said they had a very hard time hearing and understanding both Scott when he was announcing players and Whatever Fresh was trying to say thru his Mic? Several other people in our section made the same comments " If you can hear what Fresh was saying can you tell us?" So basically Pamm said the sound system sucked!

Did anyone else on upper level had trouble hearing Scott or Fresh?

and Finally Pamm said she sees no reason for no Drink cups - plenty of room for them she said

And also 2 Beers and 2 small carnitas nachos $50 - never again

I like this subject, and am very interested in other testimonials.
I see no reason why such an expensive arena should have substandard acoustics or sound system.

And I heard the beers were $14. (?!)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I like this subject, and am very interested in other testimonials.
I see no reason why such an expensive arena should have substandard acoustics or sound system.

And I heard the beers were $14. (?!)
Acoustics are a funny deal. The arena, fully constructed, with all glass, seat covers, the scoreboard, air conditioning running etc. in has to have been together for maybe a month tops. Then a major crowd all murmuring etc. maybe a week tops. Might require some tweaking.

There are no cup holders because they would have stuck out too far for people trying walk down the row.

I was in 221 for Paul. The sound was horrible for the first 30 mins. Sounded like we were in another room. They fixed something and it was better.

Don't go by Mondays game. They are still working on sound stuff. The buzzer wasn't working either and they had someone on an air horn.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
There are no cup holders because they would have stuck out too far for people trying walk down the row.

I was in 221 for Paul. The sound was horrible for the first 30 mins. Sounded like we were in another room. They fixed something and it was better.

Don't go by Mondays game. They are still working on sound stuff. The buzzer wasn't working either and they had someone on an air horn.
Getty's caught a picture of G1C's sound room after they apparently spent too much on the scoreboard:

Thought it seemed a bit loud (in a jarring amplified way, not just genuine crowd noise way) at Fan Fest. Didn't notice anything at yesterday's game, though.

I just hope we have a new soundtrack for actual games. That another one bites the dust instrumental is so cringeworthy along with the songs we played at sleep train

I thought the sound system sounded great at the game. Drastically improved from Sleep Train. There was a pretty big glitch with our side of the jumbo tron. About 25% of it went out for about 5 minutes. Saw someone up in the catwalk fixing it. I also really liked the lighting and the fact they can dim the lights during timeouts to highlight what is going on on the court. The steepness and lack of cupholders in the upper level didn't bother be at all. I never used the cup holder anyway.

I would like to get members opinion that has been to Sir Paul concert and especially to Monday's Game as to the sound at a concert and to the first Basketball Game.
when Pamm and I went to see Sir Paul on the 5th we were in upper level approx. mid-Court Row L

I thought that with Paul on stage to my left I seemed to hear a delayed echo of the songs coming from the Right end of the arena. I would think the acoustics would be such I would get a great sound experience. What were others opinions regarding the concert Sound?

Although I was at AT&T until midnight watching my Cubs Loose, Pamm and her daughter went to game. Our seats are in upper Corner sec 222 on the 4th row

Both Pamm and Sarah said they had a very hard time hearing and understanding both Scott when he was announcing players and Whatever Fresh was trying to say thru his Mic? Several other people in our section made the same comments " If you can hear what Fresh was saying can you tell us?" So basically Pamm said the sound system sucked!

Did anyone else on upper level had trouble hearing Scott or Fresh?

and Finally Pamm said she sees no reason for no Drink cups - plenty of room for them she said

And also 2 Beers and 2 small carnitas nachos $50 - never again

Yeah the beer $ has def gone up. I think I paid $14 for a little 12 oz pour of Shock Top (probably closer to 10 oz). I used to be able to get a tall boy at Arco for around $10

I'm actually surprised at some of you being surprised about the cost of the concessions, especially the beer. It's par for the course for any sporting or concert event I've been to recently. I went to a concert at AT&T Park in August and the prices were similar.

I personally have never been one to purchase food or drink at these type of events. I just can't ever justify the price and am only there for a few hours. I always opt to eat before or after. And there's always a water fountain around somewhere.

Having said the above, I am a bit surprised that the prices aren't at least a little cheaper than that considering the proximity of all the surrounding restaurants, bars and convenience stores that are nearby. Why would anybody fork out $50 for a beer and some snacks when you can get far more for your $$ by stopping in somewhere before or after the event?

At the old arena, there was really nothing close by -- within short walking distance. So they basically had the monopoly. But now that's not the case.

I wonder if prices might balance out a bit as time goes by and perhaps patrons opt to do what I suggested above and they're not selling as much at the venue?

I was at the arena on Monday and the sound sounded great, especially now that there's actually bass in the system. It appeared that in some corners of the arena some of the acoustic paneling was pushed aside for roof work, exposing the steel roof. This may be an issue if you're sitting in those corners of the building. Some places along the top of the upper deck there seems to be unfinished work where there will eventually be acoustic panels as well. A lot of people calling in to KHTK to complain about leg room...the leg room is standard to modern arenas due to the steep pitch. If you spread out the seats the seating bowl angle shallows out, placing people further away (don't want). The cushioning in the seats also puts you an inch closer to the seat in front of you...I'm 5'9" so not a conccern ;)

A lot of people calling in to KHTK to complain about leg room...the leg room is standard to modern arenas due to the steep pitch.
glad there were others - I had been feeling bad about bringing it up. But like I said in another place - I went to Levi Stadium in club seats - super expensive... and there was the same or less legroom as the G1C lower bowl. So I'm over it.

But that said I will try to get seats in row A or the clubs next year if I can. Those clubs seats are OMG, and the row A has a good inch or two on row B and behind.

My first game will be a month into the season. The wife gets to treat some clients in her companies suite and of course, the husband gets to tag along! Has anyone here been in the suites? I'd love to hear some reviews.

My first game will be a month into the season. The wife gets to treat some clients in her companies suite and of course, the husband gets to tag along! Has anyone here been in the suites? I'd love to hear some reviews.
It looks to me like the scoreboard height is optimized for the suites but I'm not sure. Can't wait to hear your experience!

Good beer at sleep train was 13 or 14. Unless that's for a coots light, I'm not sure what the big deal is.
I've never been, so I wasn't aware that beers in Sleep Train cost the same. The idea that a bottle of beer could cost $14 is insane to me. I think $7 for a bottle, even at an event, is excessive.

I've never been, so I wasn't aware that beers in Sleep Train cost the same. The idea that a bottle of beer could cost $14 is insane to me. I think $7 for a bottle, even at an event, is excessive.
Well it's not a bottle. It's a 20 oz cup. So it's like getting almost 2 beers. I don't disagree that it's insanely expensive, but I view it as a treat because I only go to a handful of games.

I'm actually surprised at some of you being surprised about the cost of the concessions, especially the beer. It's par for the course for any sporting or concert event I've been to recently. I went to a concert at AT&T Park in August and the prices were similar.

I personally have never been one to purchase food or drink at these type of events. I just can't ever justify the price and am only there for a few hours. I always opt to eat before or after. And there's always a water fountain around somewhere.

Having said the above, I am a bit surprised that the prices aren't at least a little cheaper than that considering the proximity of all the surrounding restaurants, bars and convenience stores that are nearby. Why would anybody fork out $50 for a beer and some snacks when you can get far more for your $$ by stopping in somewhere before or after the event?

At the old arena, there was really nothing close by -- within short walking distance. So they basically had the monopoly. But now that's not the case.

I wonder if prices might balance out a bit as time goes by and perhaps patrons opt to do what I suggested above and they're not selling as much at the venue?
I'm similar. I try to eat before or after.

$14 beers for domestic were normal at Shoreline Amphitheater in 2008.

They were a little cheaper at MLB games then, but now it's almost the same, $13 or $14 also.

Whoah. $14 beer. I think I'm paying ~$10 up here at Moda, $7.50 for a cider (16 oz can) at a Timbers match.

I'm guessing the other sound stuff just has to be tweaked and worked out. No way this building can have bad sound once the kinks are worked out... right?

I saw Jimmy Buffett there last night. The sound was not echoy like Arco however it was not as good as I'd hoped. In the lower bowl the sound was a little muddy Although it did get better on the acoustic sets. I saw sting and Peter Gabriel at Harvey's last month and the sound was much better although since it's an outdoor venue that's probably not a fair comparison. It's still a beautiful venue. Food was a major improvement. It would be nice if they was somewhere you could sit down and eat other than your seat. Awesome energy having the arena downtown.