Skal looking to make leap in year 3

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
The problem is his legs still look thin.
if he has bigger legs that's going to make him even slower than what he all ready is, his movements are very slow and he lulls you to sleep it seems. Maybe he can use that as an advantage against certain match ups. Another thing to consider is his genetic makeup may be that he has smaller limbs in his legs and you will see more definition rather than size.

if he has bigger legs that's going to make him even slower than what he all ready is, his movements are very slow and he lulls you to sleep it seems. Maybe he can use that as an advantage against certain match ups. Another thing to consider is his genetic makeup may be that he has smaller limbs in his legs and you will see more definition rather than size.
Perhaps but wouldn’t is arms not be bigger?

I think WCS is gonna be pushing 30 mpg. They might still want to take it slow with Giles (mid 20s), and Bagley is gonna have to earn it (mid 20s). Hopefully the new buff Skal earns 20mpg or so. It's a real logjam though, especially with how small the league plays these days.

I totally agree that Z-bo needs to ride pine this season. Kosta should be showcased and traded. He deserves minutes, but we need to develop all these bigs that Vlade has drafted.

The road to 25 wins shall be an interesting one! ;)
No way WCS
Bjelica could and should play. Skal will have to earn minutes over him. We have to be able to stretch the floor and play some team defense. Skal and Beli stylistically are pretty similar. He is a good mentor for Skal.

Bagley is WCS with a motor and maybe a better shot. Both can play some perimeter defense but aren’t strong with perimeter offense.

Giles, let’s hope is the man.
Smh I even forgot about him more reason we should’ve drafted... never mind

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Perhaps but wouldn’t is arms not be bigger?
It's easier to gain size in your arms then it is in your arms...arms are a aesthetic muscle anyway, having big arms really doesn't do anything for him except make him look more intimidating. He's playing basketball, not becoming a bodybuilder.

It's easier to gain size in your arms then it is in your arms...arms are a aesthetic muscle anyway, having big arms really doesn't do anything for him except make him look more intimidating. He's playing basketball, not becoming a bodybuilder.
True but arms are limbs. So if he can make his arms bigger shouldn’t he be able to increase his base (legs) also?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
True but arms are limbs. So if he can make his arms bigger shouldn’t he be able to increase his base (legs) also?
I'm not saying he can't grow his legs, I'm saying his genetic make up could be where he may put in the work for his legs but they won't grow at the same rate that the arms do because for one, the triceps and biceps are smaller limbs compared to a quad and hamstring. You'll see more definition in his calves without ever knowing if he has big legs or not.

I still think Giles is the best big out of the three when its said and done.
I really dont... LMAO I remember thinking Harry Giles looks like one of the best 10th grade basketball players/bigs I've ever seen, and just a few years later there was no doubt in my mind that Marvin was superior at the same stage.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I really dont... LMAO I remember thinking Harry Giles looks like one of the best 10th grade basketball players/bigs I've ever seen, and just a few years later there was no doubt in my mind that Marvin was superior at the same stage.
just because Marvin was superior at the same age doesn't always translate to how good of a Pro they can become. It's about adjusting and adding to their games accordingly and I like Giles' ceiling more in that aspect.

just because Marvin was superior at the same age doesn't always translate to how good of a Pro they can become. It's about adjusting and adding to their games accordingly and I like Giles' ceiling more in that aspect.
I'm not an expert and don't have a dog in the fight because I really like them both, but Giles has had a year to work out and practice NBA level, and as a prime piece of the franchise plan - not just some scrub 14th man, which has just got to be priceless as far as bringing out potential.

I'm curious to see what Marvin would look like if he had a year under a pro training staff with no games to play. I mean I'd rather see him play, but Harry Giles has this unique bionic man thing going on with that year of focuses rehab.

They seem to have incredible upside as a duo.

I want to see our young bigs get minutes, especially Skal, Giles, and Bagley. Of course id like them to earn those minutes as well. I have a feeling They will.

I want to see our young bigs get minutes, especially Skal, Giles, and Bagley. Of course id like them to earn those minutes as well. I have a feeling They will.
Ain’t no love for Davis? I think that was him working out with Bagley with a new hairstyle. I’d like to see Deyonta get the veterans minutes as well.. There is going to be all kinds of a number crunch. I don’t see Zach or even Kosta getting much burn.

I want Giles/Skal/Bagley playing. Then there is Bjelica and WCS. I’m going to assume Temple was traded not only for the minimal savings, but a passing interest in Davis.

That’s before getting to Kosta/Zach

Ain’t no love for Davis? I think that was him working out with Bagley with a new hairstyle. I’d like to see Deyonta get the veterans minutes as well.. There is going to be all kinds of a number crunch. I don’t see Zach or even Kosta getting much burn.

I want Giles/Skal/Bagley playing. Then there is Bjelica and WCS. I’m going to assume Temple was traded not only for the minimal savings, but a passing interest in Davis.

That’s before getting to Kosta/Zach
Oh yea for sure. Hes a young dude and kosta and zbo don't really have a place on the squad for the future im all for Davis getting minutes. Dont know much about him so thats why I didnt include him. I saw a few highlight vids with the grizz and know he was drafted by Ainge so he was must be decent at least ?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'm not an expert and don't have a dog in the fight because I really like them both, but Giles has had a year to work out and practice NBA level, and as a prime piece of the franchise plan - not just some scrub 14th man, which has just got to be priceless as far as bringing out potential.

I'm curious to see what Marvin would look like if he had a year under a pro training staff with no games to play. I mean I'd rather see him play, but Harry Giles has this unique bionic man thing going on with that year of focuses rehab.

They seem to have incredible upside as a duo.
What it boils down to for me is one of them has to pan out, no question. They both have high ceilings and if one of them reaches it or close to it, that's good enough for me.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
When I was a freshman in highschool I went out for the track team and I ran the 100 in 10.6 seconds. Fast, but not fast enough since we had a couple of guys that ran it in 9.8 and 9.9 respectively. I spent the following summer working on strengthening my legs as well as my upper body. I went from 155 pounds to 165 pounds. When I re-tested for the 100 I ran it in 10.0 flat. So although my legs were stronger, and bigger, I ran faster. It all depends on what kind of weight your adding. Muscle will easily support itself. Fat won't!