Skal Labissiere

Didn't play well in preseason and hasn't really improved a whole lot since his rookie year. In fact it seems like his offense has regressed a bit since then.

I think he's just last on the depth chart at the moment. I think the Kings will either hold on to him and hope he improves or they'll wind up using him as trade filler. No reason to release him unless a trade happens and we run out of roster spots.

That's a shame. He's a nice guy and he had some good games last year and averaged somewhere around 20 minutes per game. His career high rebounds was 15 and had games over 20 points. I understand we got some good new players, but I didn't expect him to totally disappear, even when the game is decided. He's not even getting garbage time. I'm sure he'll be traded at some point and I would wish him the best of luck.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's a shame. He's a nice guy and he had some good games last year and averaged somewhere around 20 minutes per game. His career high rebounds was 15 and had games over 20 points. I understand we got some good new players, but I didn't expect him to totally disappear, even when the game is decided. He's not even getting garbage time. I'm sure he'll be traded at some point and I would wish him the best of luck.
Unfortunately, I think the team has outgrown Skal.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the best scenario would be a team out there willing to give the Kings something of significance because they feel Skal can produce with minutes or he could simply be a filler for a bigger trade which is also another wise approach to take. possibilities are endless for the Kings to acquire another star player.

Didn't play well in preseason and hasn't really improved a whole lot since his rookie year. In fact it seems like his offense has regressed a bit since then.

I think he's just last on the depth chart at the moment. I think the Kings will either hold on to him and hope he improves or they'll wind up using him as trade filler. No reason to release him unless a trade happens and we run out of roster spots.
Definitely think there's some equity there with him as a trade filler in a bigger trade. Still just 22 years old, dirt cheap, under team control for the next year and a half and still theoretically has a desirable physical profile and skill package. Mason not so much, but guys who are under team control for as cheap as he is and is at least an NBA player still holds value.

If he's still on the roster after the trade deadline, this summer will be an interesting time for him. Among the guys ahead of him in the rotation, we'll most likely lose KK, and maybe even Willie (though I hope not). If so, he'll have an opportunity.

He has clearly worked on his body during the summer, and I think he can be a useful contributor in the right fit. As of now, that team is not us. I would hate to have a repeat of the Whiteside story.