Should Kings trade for Jrue Holiday?

A little off topic and my apologies if brought up elsewhere, but thoughts on exploring a trade for Jrue Holiday. Pelicans are reportedly shopping him and I recon he and Fox should coexist just fine. He’s now 30 but its not like Buddy or Bogdan are that much younger and I like his game.

He is not a bad player at all but he is not on same the timeline as our star(s) (Fox, Bagley) so the most I could see from him is the veteran leadership that we do not currently have on the court. In that scenario, I don't know if it is worthwhile to give up our prospects for him.

Would be funny to trade Hield back to them though... haha
Yeah, that would probably be the most likely trade..and why I mentioned he’s only two years older than Hield.
I had put this thought under the Bogdan to Bucks trade thread where it had moved into conversations for Bledsoe in that deal. So again another not so young guard that I like but I’m with you in trying to move the timeline more in sync with Fox.

I don’t mind it. If New Orleans were rational, they’d hold him until the deadline. But, they have second round playoff aspirations, and need someone in for training camp. That would allow us to hold Jrue until the deadline, and move him again at max leverage.

I think a more likely scenario, though, would be that one of the teams in the top 3 ended up with Jrue and we get their pick.

I don’t mind it. If New Orleans were rational, they’d hold him until the deadline. But, they have second round playoff aspirations, and need someone in for training camp. That would allow us to hold Jrue until the deadline, and move him again at max leverage.

I think a more likely scenario, though, would be that one of the teams in the top 3 ended up with Jrue and we get their pick.
Interesting thought. I’ve seen somewhere the idea of Holiday to the Warriors. If McNair can spin Buddy into a top 3 while keeping our 12th I’d say McNair is genius.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I love Holiday and he would automatically make the team better, and perhaps if all the other chips fall into place, a playoff team. However, I have no idea what McNair's vision is, and if it's to build a young core around Fox and Bagley, then no, I wouldn't make this trade. But, acquiring Holiday would make the loss of Bogi or Buddy more tolerable, and it would make Joseph excess baggage. I could be talked into it.

I love Holiday but I don't see a scenario where he fits the Kings' timeline considering what would have to be given up to acquire him.
I recon Buddy back to NO if anything was to materialise. It sounds unlikely as Holiday is always mentioned going to a contender but who knows, he might have a great connection with Gentry or something.
He seems like he’s been in the league forever but is just 30 so should have plenty of tread left.