Votes: 87 71.9%
  • Maybe, #4 should be retired

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • No, #4 will not be retired

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • Maybe, #4 shouldn't be retired

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Pretty much the same question as with Vlade.

If Vlade's # is in the rafters, then Webb's needs to be there too. I wish they all won a ring together - DC, Vlade, Webb, Peja, Mike. Now that team was something.

T

t5chris

I wish the original squad one the title too. At least give'em one more year to try at least.

Anyways, I just found out that Andre Iguodala is #4 on the Sixers already, so it definitely needs to be retired.

Retired jerseys are for players that came to define a franchise, those that meant a whole lot to the organization.

We traded Webber for nothing. Everybody can see that this trade does not make the Kings a better team. The Kings have just demonstrated that Webber was not a valued member of the organization. To retire his jersey now would be inappropriate. Will they do it anyway?

The sad thing is, I don't even think I care anymore.

Are we allowed to retire the number of a player that isn't retired and won't be able to retire with us? What if Webber gets mad at us and is really happy in Philly and only wants his jersey retired in Philly?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gregorius said:
Are we allowed to retire the number of a player that isn't retired and won't be able to retire with us? What if Webber gets mad at us and is really happy in Philly and only wants his jersey retired in Philly?
Ever hear of Mitch Richmond? Look up in the rafters the next time you're in Arco.

Should #4 be retired?

HELL YES!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Insomniacal Fan said:
Retired jerseys are for players that came to define a franchise, those that meant a whole lot to the organization.

We traded Webber for nothing. Everybody can see that this trade does not make the Kings a better team. The Kings have just demonstrated that Webber was not a valued member of the organization. To retire his jersey now would be inappropriate. Will they do it anyway?

The sad thing is, I don't even think I care anymore.
Webber's number will be retired, if I have to take my pudgy little butt to Arco and climb in the rafters and do it myself.

Now I'm confused VF. When you were asked the same question about Vlade, you said that he probably shouldn't ?

What's so different about Webb ? In my opinion, Vlade was just as instrumental in making the Kings what they are as C-Webb. Those two made up the heart that was the Kings.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Stojakovic said:
Now I'm confused VF. When you were asked the same question about Vlade, you said that he probably shouldn't ?

What's so different about Webb ? In my opinion, Vlade was just as instrumental in making the Kings what they are as C-Webb. Those two made up the heart that was the Kings.
I think both will be retired actually. They were the two keystones. If you were going to draw a line it would be based on the obvious talent gap -- most retired guys are superstars. But not all, and Vlade was almost uniquely important for a good but not great player on the court.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Stojakovic said:

Um, excuse me? I always supported having Vlade's jersey retired. My ONLY proviso was that it not be done while he was playing for the Lakers.

NOT SUPPORT VLADE? Have you forgotten what the VF stands for?????

VF21 said:
Um, excuse me? I always supported having Vlade's jersey retired. My ONLY proviso was that it not be done while he was playing for the Lakers.

NOT SUPPORT VLADE? Have you forgotten what the VF stands for?????
Hm, I could swear I remember you saying that ... but I must be wrong ! Perhaps I misunderstood what you said, but it surprised me hearing that from you which is probably why I remember.