Shams: Lakers discuss Kuzma for Buddy deal

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not just that but we also have Tyrese and Wright on the roster
Honestly I like the Kings guard rotation with or without Buddy. Fox & Hali with Wright and Davis (if resigned) is very solid. If Buddy isn't dealt and Davis gets a strong FA offer then you likely let him go and Hield is a sixth man again.

But the idea of an $18 million/year backup for Fox when this team needs wings and potentially a starting center makes zero sense.

Honestly I like the Kings guard rotation with or without Buddy. Fox & Hali with Wright and Davis (if resigned) is very solid. If Buddy isn't dealt and Davis gets a strong FA offer then you likely let him go and Hield is a sixth man again.

But the idea of an $18 million/year backup for Fox when this team needs wings and potentially a starting center makes zero sense.
In an ideal world, Buddy as 6th man as great for the team, but unfortunately not acceptable for Buddy. Hard to quantify the negative value of Buddy's attitude when looking at potential trades.

Not just that but we also have Tyrese and Wright on the roster
yes, not a good fit. No reason now to accommodate the Lakers.
I still suspect either one of Buddy or Bagley will be moved and hopefully it brings back less salary.
I’ll be happy enough at the end of the day with a solid 9th, a shot at resigning Holmes and another promising young player via trade or adding another 1st.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
In an ideal world, Buddy as 6th man as great for the team, but unfortunately not acceptable for Buddy. Hard to quantify the negative value of Buddy's attitude when looking at potential trades.
The team plays better with him coming off the bench. McNair is obviously trying to deal him but if Hield is still on the roster next year I don't know what else you do but make him the 6th man. You can't lose games just because Buddy will get his feelings hurt.

The team plays better with him coming off the bench. McNair is obviously trying to deal him but if Hield is still on the roster next year I don't know what else you do but make him the 6th man. You can't lose games just because Buddy will get his feelings hurt.
Hey... I'm not disagreeing. Just noting there is definitely an element of addition by subtraction due to Buddy's attitude on this specific point.

Exactly.......Westbrook thing seems like posturing.......
LeBron wants his superstar superteam. Buddy isn't that. Also remember he also desperately wanted Rondo who also didn't seem like a fit because he couldn't shoot. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but it makes sense. The Bucks winning probably sent them over the edge on not needing to shoot. Problem being what happens when the Warriors come back healthy and the Nets bust out?

LeBron wants his superstar superteam. Buddy isn't that. Also remember he also desperately wanted Rondo who also didn't seem like a fit because he couldn't shoot. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but it makes sense. The Bucks winning probably sent them over the edge on not needing to shoot. Problem being what happens when the Warriors come back healthy and the Nets bust out?
Everyone shoots 3pts well on that Bucks team except Giannis....

Man- you just know everything, don’t you? Glad we’ve got you on the inside to tell us exactly how it went down. Mr. Jump to conclusions over here…
Haha. I didn’t hear inside on this one. Just going by the same tweets we all heard but yeah I think Monte sucks. I also thinks Buddy sucks so was hoping for that trade.

Still bitter about Bogi I see.
In fairness that was a cluster F. Monte has done some things right, and blown some calls. It's just the way it is. Tonight means a lot because this might be the last shot the Kings have in a draft deep enough at 9 to add something useful.

In fairness that was a cluster F. Monte has done some things right, and blown some calls. It's just the way it is. Tonight means a lot because this might be the last shot the Kings have in a draft deep enough at 9 to add something useful.
Not sure why it needs to be characterized as a "cluster F". The Lakers apparently chose another option. The only reason it seems like chaos is because we have 24/7 twitter posts and rumor mills trying to generate traffic with constant updates and speculation.

Not sure why it needs to be characterized as a "cluster F". The Lakers apparently chose another option. The only reason it seems like chaos is because we have 24/7 twitter posts and rumor mills trying to generate traffic with constant updates and speculation.
Things must be getting too packed around here. They were talking about the Bogdan deal I think.