Scot Pollard on CBS Survivor

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Weird how they filmed this a long time ago already. They shelved it in order to show the season that just aired.
I think it's always that way. These shows are in the can before they even start showing them, which is why the finale/reunion shows often have participants who look significantly different than they did when they completed the season.

I think it's always that way. These shows are in the can before they even start showing them, which is why the finale/reunion shows often have participants who look significantly different than they did when they completed the season.
This is different. The show that has Pollard in it was filmed and finished and never aired. Then this season (2nd Chances, that just aired) was filmed and finished and shown right away. The Pollard one got leapfrogged by the 2nd Chances season.

The reason folks look different is because yes the show is filmed up until the final vote and then it's frozen right there and then we all get to watch the season. Then however long it takes to get through a season goes by (couple months) and then the live show with the final vote reveal where they all look clean and healthy again.

But anyway, just found it odd that they skipped airing Scot's season. By the time it airs it will have been like a year since it actually happened lol.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is different. The show that has Pollard in it was filmed and finished and never aired. Then this season (2nd Chances, that just aired) was filmed and finished and shown right away. The Pollard one got leapfrogged by the 2nd Chances season.

The reason folks look different is because yes the show is filmed up until the final vote and then it's frozen right there and then we all get to watch the season. Then however long it takes to get through a season goes by (couple months) and then the live show with the final vote reveal where they all look clean and healthy again.

But anyway, just found it odd that they skipped airing Scot's season. By the time it airs it will have been like a year since it actually happened lol.
Hrm. I thought they were filming Second Chance when it was announced that Pollard would be on the next one. Oh well...I'm just looking forward to seeing how long he lasts. At least he didn't go in trying to hide the fact he'd been in the NBA. ;)

Ryan

I like turtles
The reason for that was to allow the fans to vote for the 2nd chance players and then reveal the results at the live finale back in May. They wanted to air that season first since the fans had just voted. It wound't make sense to vote on the cast and then make the fans wait.

To recap:
April/May - Film season 32, Pollards' season.
May 20th - Fan voted cast revealed at season 30 finale. Audience watches cast jump on bus and head out.
June/July - Film season 31.
September through December - Season 31 airs.
February - Season 32 premiere

Ryan

I like turtles
Reminder: Survivor kicks off tonight on CBS!!!

Here's another fun clip featuring Scot. Warning: it's not for the faint of heart.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Last night's episode was pretty good. One thing I learned? Scot has a ton of tattoos we never saw while he was a player. :p

I like his attitude and his leadership abilities. I'm just not sure about his judgment on who to vote off the island, but time will tell.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Scot will surprise people in that he is bright, charming, and a natural leader. We need him affiliated with the Kings somehow. I think I would post this thread where people can easily find it. It may break a few rules but I think people would genuinely be interested.

Scot has all the qualities that could lead to a win in Survivor. It may put a target on his back but as his group is already one person down, I don't think for the immediate future his team can afford to lose him. The blonde is a twit. :)

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-scot-pollard-has-to-be-the-star-of-his-tribe

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My only complaint is that I think they made a bad mistake in voting Darnell (sp?) out the first week and I think keeping "Blondie" is just dumb at any point in the game.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
My only complaint is that I think they made a bad mistake in voting Darnell (sp?) out the first week and I think keeping "Blondie" is just dumb at any point in the game.
Absolutely. She's next. The one that just left was totally untrustworthy and I think Scot got stuck on a team with too many scatterbrains.

OMG!!! I'm glad everyone is okay, that was stupid to let it get that far.
Re Scot: Tonight's episode is pure entertainment GOLD!! I was cracking up soo bad!!

Glenn

Hall of Famer
we don't call that hate, we call it traffic. Value judgments are irrelevant hits are all that count ;)
Thank you. ;)

A new Scot revealed himself as a self prescribed superior person because he played in the NBA. Honest, he surprised me. I am not so stupid as to NOT understand that "Survivor" edits their conversations and incidents to create a story line. Blondie deserved his wrath and as a matter of fact, he said at the beginning he was trying to help her as she aggravated the crap out of people. He was trying to help her come across as a little more warm and fuzzy. In the latest show, it was revealed that the only reason that she was on the Brawn team was because of her "strong" personality. That sure as hell didn't work.

Scot is a natural leader and we all know he is charming. He could go far. Money isn't the issue for him. He's a competitor. Scot has always been one of my favorite Kings and I hope he makes it as far as to be a judge. I hope "Survivor" shows the funny side of Scot also.

Ryan

I like turtles
Thank you. ;)

A new Scot revealed himself as a self prescribed superior person because he played in the NBA. Honest, he surprised me. I am not so stupid as to NOT understand that "Survivor" edits their conversations and incidents to create a story line. .
While I agree with most of what you said, I have to defend the editing since I used to be a reality TV editor. Editing is used to push the story and enhance drama, but at no times does editing create story lines out of thin air. If you act like a jerk, saint, sexist, liar, whatever, then you'll come off as one.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
While I agree with most of what you said, I have to defend the editing since I used to be a reality TV editor. Editing is used to push the story and enhance drama, but at no times does editing create story lines out of thin air. If you act like a jerk, saint, sexist, liar, whatever, then you'll come off as one.
I tried to say more of what you said. You cannot create a whole new personna out of nothing. I thought he would be very likeable and as the show progresses, he seems very likeable. People seem to be in no hurry to dump him and the harsh things he said were probably just plain true. It is a curiosity that he has been on the losing team, the team that goes to tribal counsel, every time.

Ryan

I like turtles
Haha, check out the end of this clip to see Scot hoisting his tribe over the net. Best line from Jeff "This is like a dad with his kids!"

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I'm surprised he isn't tossing them over one hand and then the next. Finally seeing a person with a substantial physical advantage making use of it. Now let's see if he ends up in tribal council which has been 100% of the time so far.

Ryan, have you worked on this show?