Sayonara Buddy...Looks like he wants out, Philly deal

Kings out Buddy, Parker

Philly out Horford, Thybulle, 2022 Philly first lotto protected for years, 2021 Knick's second

Yeah this isn't pretty but maybe Thybulle turns out to be the next Doug Christie?

Horford is an albatross.

20-21 $27,500,000
21-22 $27,000,000
22-23 $26,500,000

But last year of contract is $14.5 million guaranteed could stretch later if needed.

If we do this, we could look to move Barnes to get more bad salary for another prospect + pick, or try to push

I'm down for Thybulle but I think we can squeeze more juice out of them still like an unprotected future 1st. If Philly wants to get out of Horford's deal they're going to have to pay. It's not like they are getting an expiring scrub they actually REALLY need a player like Buddy.

This isn't the "aggressive" move mcnair talked about. Nor is it a move that leaves the team flexible. Better to keep buddy than take on an aging horford. Even if you're also getting thybulle.

I'm down for Thybulle but I think we can squeeze more juice out of them still like an unprotected future 1st. If Philly wants to get out of Horford's deal they're going to have to pay. It's not like they are getting an expiring scrub they actually REALLY need a player like Buddy.
I do think that we could get more towards the deadline.

Ask yourself: Is this the type of move darryl morey would make?
Actually yes, this is the exact move he'd make. He'd recognize the team is bad and acquiring a superb talent like Thybulle and more draft capital is exactly what this team needs to take the next step.

Not sure why everyone thinks Horford is just dead at this point too. He's playing out of position and he remains one of the few guys in the NBA who would be a functional fit in the front-court with Bagley as a rim protector, spacer and high post passer. His contract is gross, absolutely, but he's still an actual good player.

Actually yes, this is the exact move he'd make. He'd recognize the team is bad and acquiring a superb talent like Thybulle and more draft capital is exactly what this team needs to take the next step.

Not sure why everyone thinks Horford is just dead at this point too. He's playing out of position and he remains one of the few guys in the NBA who would be a functional fit in the front-court with Bagley as a rim protector, spacer and high post passer. His contract is gross, absolutely, but he's still an actual good player.
My gut wants me to be sarcastic; however, i feel like that may be cruel. Historically, he will decline drastically in the next 3 seasons in sac...if he doesn't, he is a freak of nature, and I am wrong. History is on my side though...

Mostly people think "he's dead" because he's a 34 year old center in a smallball league on a max contract for the next 3 seasons..

This may be may be controversial, but dare i say the point of this post was to prove Daryl morey would likely never make this deal? Oh shoot did i make my original point without additional effort?

So a 22 lottery protected 1st? No thanks. Either better draft compensation or they can throw in furkan korkmaz if they are taking on Horford. I like Thybulle, but there needs to be some more balance here

Per Bee Article:
One of McNair’s most interesting answers came in response to a question about Hield, who grew unhappy after being moved into a backup role last season. Social media users have noted Hield seems to be flirting with Philadelphia 76ers fans who covet him in trade rumors, but Hield possesses the one skill McNair might value most.

“I think we all know in this league spacing is of the utmost importance and Buddy is one of the absolute elite shooters in this league, and we’re going to be able to utilize that skill set as we implement our system,” McNair said.

So If D'Antoni gets hired, and we get a godfather offer, Thybulle Horford, 2 unprotected 1st rd, then Maybe

Otherwise I don't think Monte will trade Buddy , unless we actually get better

Per Bee Article:
One of McNair’s most interesting answers came in response to a question about Hield, who grew unhappy after being moved into a backup role last season. Social media users have noted Hield seems to be flirting with Philadelphia 76ers fans who covet him in trade rumors, but Hield possesses the one skill McNair might value most.

“I think we all know in this league spacing is of the utmost importance and Buddy is one of the absolute elite shooters in this league, and we’re going to be able to utilize that skill set as we implement our system,” McNair said.

So If D'Antoni gets hired, and we get a godfather offer, Thybulle Horford, 2 unprotected 1st rd, then Maybe

Otherwise I don't think Monte will trade Buddy , unless we actually get better
I hope they give this a shot in the right system. Look at the playoffs. Every team in at the end plays in the ways this team should be able to. You have potentially the BEST draw and kick PG and potentially the BEST catch and shoot player in Buddy. WTF! It might not work in the end, things might be too negative for it to ever work but it's worth a shot.

That said, if Buddy is like heck no, I'm out and I'll take the franchise down with me until I'm gone then that Sixers deal would be really good. A young player and two picks would be worth it since you now have draft assets with that Horford albatross. I don't think they'd offer that though. Teams think the Kings will drop Buddy for cheap. That's why there's noise. I hope they don't let a team in Philly's position of near desperation get the better of them.

I hope they give this a shot in the right system. Look at the playoffs. Every team in at the end plays in the ways this team should be able to. You have potentially the BEST draw and kick PG and potentially the BEST catch and shoot player in Buddy. WTF! It might not work in the end, things might be to negative for it to ever work but it's worth a shot.

That said, if Buddy is like heck no, I'm out and I'll take the franchise down with me until I'm gone
then that Sixers deal would be really good. A young player and two picks would be worth it since you now have draft assets with that Horford albatross. I don't think they'd offer that though. Teams think the Kings will drop Buddy for cheap. That's why there's noise. I hope they don't let a team in Philly's position of near desperation get the better of them.
Only a weak GM like Vlade would let a borderline starter dictate anything to him.

I hope this GM has some brass ones I'm tired of being a weak sauce franchise.
The question now is whether he'll be allowed to have those brass ones. Always a little iffy when you have a person above you that wasn't supposed to even be an issue when it comes to the GM spot. Yet, tell that to Vlade.

I have a feeling you are going to see some super aggressive moves, but they are going to be far and few between vs. lots of small moves like we've seen recently.

The Kings REALLY need a player like Buddy too. He has a long term contract. Kings should be in no hurry to move him. The deal in the OP is trash and what you would be settling for when somebody is entering the last year of his contract and saying he isn’t re-signing.