SacBee: Kings look to move on after Bibby deal

Revrag

Father, Husband, KingsFan
Staff member
Administrator
Contributor
SacBee: Kings look to move on

PORTLAND, Ore. – There was a No. 10 on the Kings' practice floor Monday night.

More...

Wow. They are allowing him to continue to wear the #10? I understand that's always been the number he has worn, but if I was the GM and/or Coach I think I would have seriously suggested he not do that.

All new players and ex-players receive warm welcome's in Sacramento, but that might make Lue's welcome not so warm.

No Class!!

I can't say I'm thrilled about Lue wearing #10. I'm sure it's no big deal for most people, but I haven't seen anyone wear #13 or #16 or #21 or #4.

I know it sounds childish, but if I weren't working Wednesday and was at Arco. People would be looking for Kobe when Lue was introduced wearing #10.:cool:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I understand both sides. As far as new players coming in and taking numbers others have worn before, I think the whole thing is that this is a mid-season change not a situation where the number isn't used for a couple of years and then selected.

There are TONS of #10 jerseys out there with the name "Bibby" on them. For a long time, his jersey was the most popular one sold. So to immediately have it become Lue's jersey seems, in a way, to diminish it.

I don't blame Lue; I do, however, understand the people who are disappointed.