Rumors that teams have asked about Giles

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see a team like the Pacers or Raptors take him in and develop him. Being in a winning culture and around competent staff would do him some good.

VF21

#KingsFansForever
Staff member
Remember, any team that trades for Giles can't pay him more than $4M next year.
This may be a good news for the Kings.

If teams are asking about Giles in a trade knowing that if they traded for him $4 million would be the most they could offer him this summer, this may give us a good idea of Giles market this summer. Someone (probably some team with a sneaky GM, like Houston) is trying to outsmart Vlade by trading for Giles now, probably knowing that they could get a steal and re-sign him for about that $4 million mark this summer.

Hopefully, Vlade doesn't bite and sticks it out with Giles and re-signs Giles this off season.

I would be interested to see how Giles goes on another team. Will he become a solid NBA rotation big/ decent starter? Or another what if? Obviously, happy to root for him as a King. But also recognise he hasn't cracked the permanent rotation here.

Capt. Factorial

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Staff member
This may be a good news for the Kings.

If teams are asking about Giles in a trade knowing that if they traded for him $4 million would be the most they could offer him this summer, this may give us a good idea of Giles market this summer. Someone (probably some team with a sneaky GM, like Houston) is trying to outsmart Vlade by trading for Giles now, probably knowing that they could get a steal and re-sign him for about that $4 million mark this summer.

Hopefully, Vlade doesn't bite and sticks it out with Giles and re-signs Giles this off season.
I've been thinking the same thing. It doesn't look - right now - that Giles is going to break the bank this summer. If that's the case, perhaps we do have a shot at straight up re-signing him for the $4M we should have just picked up. A seemingly pointless gamble...but we just don't know the internal details.