Round 1 Schedule

By virtue of today's Detroit Charlotte game, the West seeding is complete. Monarchs and LA will square off on Friday @ 7:30 in ARCO for game 1.

ESPN2 flashed up the dates and times for the rest of this series but I didn't jot those down, will post those as soon as the league feels like posting the schedules for the West.

That sound you hear is HoopMatron heaving a deep sigh of relief. In a fit of exuberance, I bought playoff tickets last night, thinking that certainly the series would start on Wednesday or Thursday, with the Monarchs at home. When I read in this morning's paper that they would play at ARCO on either Friday or Saturday, I had a small panic attack -- I'm scheduled to work at the LPGA tournament all day Saturday.

Is it for certain that the Monarchs will be entertaining the Sparks? I think if they win tonight, the Monarchs and Lynx have to go to the third or fourth tie-breaker (they'll have identical season records, split the series between them and have matching conference records). The next tie-breaker is wins against .500+ teams. I didn't want to have to run that scenario.

HoopMatron

It from what they were saying on ESPN is certain. The outcome of the Detroit Charlotte game is what finalized it. The Monarchs could have only gotten 3rd if Charlotte beat Detroit and if Houston beat Phoenix and if they beat Minnesota.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MONARCHS! Now go put the Sparks out of their contentous misery. The West needs a new Champion - and - it might as well be the Ladies in Purple!

Last edited:
Monty'sBiggestFan said:
It from what they were saying on ESPN is certain. The outcome of the Detroit Charlotte game is what finalized it. The Monarchs could have only gotten 3rd if Charlotte beat Detroit and if Houston beat Phoenix and if they beat Minnesota.
Huh?:confused: