Roster imbalanced yet again (split)

Thanks. Has it also been discussed how imbalanced out roster is yet again? 7 bigs, most of the old school, non-stretch variety, only one true SF and a dearth of good playmakers.
Yeah but good playmakers don't just grow on trees. I don't see us finding one outside of the Ty Lawson variety unless it's through the draft or if they make a splash and get a Beal type player.

More than the imbalance, the roster is lacking another really talented player next to Fox. In a vacuum, you'd pair Fox with another Fox like player, have Buddy, Bjelica and Holmes as your good secondary players and then you could fill out the roster with the Cojo's and Ariza's of the world. That would probably be enough to make the playoffs. It's just finding Fox 2.0 is more difficult than filling out the rest of the roster. I only see it happening through the draft.

I was ruminating this evening on the fact that Vlade has built a roster that he would love to play with. It's the perfect complement to a big man focal point. The speedy PG who can turn outlet passes into easy layups and is a pesky defender at the point of attack. The sweet shooting 2-guards who (usually) keep the ball moving. The strong, heady SF who can hit an open shot and never misses a defensive rotation (saving the big fella to crammed on by a SF with a head of steam). And, the savvy PF (Bjelica) who can do a little bit of everything and really stretches the floor. Throw in a couple energy bigs like Holmes and Bagley...it's tailor made for a big man who can orchestrate an offense. Unfortunately, there are only 2-3 of those guys left in the world. Here's hoping that, someway/somehow, one of Jokic or Embiid gets mad enough this summer to bail out Vlade, Vivek, and whomever else fancies themselves a decision maker down at G1C, and demand a trade. Otherwise, this roster is toast and we're just waiting for the next rebuild.

At this point in the season does it matter?Right now the Kings should be playing the guys that are going to be here long term (Fox/Bagley (with Holmes to see if it can work)/Buddy/Bogi) and the young guys who can maybe showcase some potential (Giles/JJ and Parker/). You have a roster imbalance cause the Kingss used like 100mil in cap space and signed/overpaid for essentially rubbish non impact players .I would not mind giving Barnes (excuses being made he's "tired" and Bjelica (love Bjelly should have traded him) some time off to rest up for whatever is in their future since we know what they are and what they bring.

Why does a roster balance matter when your like 12 games below 500. in the worst Western Conference in like 20 years.

At this point in the season does it matter?Right now the Kings should be playing the guys that are going to be here long term (Fox/Bagley (with Holmes to see if it can work)/Buddy/Bogi) and the young guys who can maybe showcase some potential (Giles/JJ and Parker/). You have a roster imbalance cause the Kingss used like 100mil in cap space and signed/overpaid for essentially rubbish non impact players .I would not mind giving Barnes (excuses being made he's "tired" and Bjelica (love Bjelly should have traded him) some time off to rest up for whatever is in their future since we know what they are and what they bring.

Why does a roster balance matter when your like 12 games below 500. in the worst Western Conference in like 20 years.
Well, through the lens that everything sucks and we are bad anyway, I have no argument. If you are still looking for some semblance of a plan, a forging of identity, a direction, continuity, it is problematic.

And of course they can address this in the offseason and cut some players and eat their salaries, or trade them and get likely nothing of relevance in return. And then the beginning of the next season, the team will have the convenient excuse that the new players still have to gel and get incorporated into the system (whatever the system du jour is), and if the season goes off the rails there will surely be injuries or other excuses to whitewash another losing season.

Sigh, I will see myself out now.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
There is balance in there. The issue is who is masterminding when and how to use the parts. The answer is maybe tough for some but you simply cut the fat from the rotation as a coach.

The Kings have been fixated on 2 guards and large, awkward big men for a decade. Cousins was a great exception.
They need to start thinking in terms of quality players instead of quantity.
Some day they will learn to play team defense and rebound and then they will have a chance.