Rookie Introductory Press Conference at 11

mitchell not the type that smiles lol
He seems extremely serious & professional for a rookie. I get he is a bit older than some, but it is noticeable. I also see some of the same focused eyes that Cade also had on draft night.

It almost felt like he wanted to be in the gym or doing something on the court related instead of sitting there to me.

Interesting.

He seems extremely serious & professional for a rookie. I get he is a bit older than some, but it is noticeable. I also see some of the same focused eyes that Cade also had on draft night.

It almost felt like he wanted to be in the gym or doing something on the court related instead of sitting there to me.

Interesting.
I'll say it again: *really* interested to see how he meshes as a personality with the incumbent Kings, especially Fox and Ty. TH gets fired up. Holmes gets fired up. Buddy could get fired up. But last year there wasn't a single guy on the roster, far as I could tell, inclined to call out a teammate. Mitchell WILL bark at his teammates when he thinks they've f'ed up. He'll make his displeasure and frustration w/them show. DURING the game. Defense is very much a team sport. If he does his part and his man scores because a teammate doesn't rotate properly, or whatever it is, he WILL let them know about it. At least, he did at Baylor.

How's that gonna fly in Sacramento? Will his teammates rise to the challenge or will it cause tensions?

Is meeting the rookies at the airport still a thing. Didn’t hear anything about it this year. Dunno if it’s cuz of covid or just not a thing anymore.

I'll say it again: *really* interested to see how he meshes as a personality with the incumbent Kings, especially Fox and Ty. TH gets fired up. Holmes gets fired up. Buddy could get fired up. But last year there wasn't a single guy on the roster, far as I could tell, inclined to call out a teammate. Mitchell WILL bark at his teammates when he thinks they've f'ed up. He'll make his displeasure and frustration w/them show. DURING the game. Defense is very much a team sport. If he does his part and his man scores because a teammate doesn't rotate properly, or whatever it is, he WILL let them know about it. At least, he did at Baylor.

How's that gonna fly in Sacramento? Will his teammates rise to the challenge or will it cause tensions?
wow am I glad to hear that he barked at his teammates at Baylor. We sorely need a guy to hold other accountable like Draymond does on the dubs. Also if some teammates don’t want to rise to the occasion, they don’t belong on this team. We need everybody to put in the work

He seems like an introvert, reserved dude socially, but on the court I know it will be a whole different story. I know he has a burning fire inside and that passion will come out on the court

I doubt he does that as a rookie. He has to prove he belongs first.

I doubt he does that as a rookie. He has to prove he belongs first.
He may try to tamp it down, but the kid expresses himself in multiple dimensions, not least what he says and body language. I suspect his teammates will know what he's thinking/feeling in real time.

We'll see how it goes!

Last edited: