Richaun Holmes Appreciation Thread

Admittedly, I didn‘t think much of this acquisition when it happened or after. Yes, Peaches and Doug raved about him incessantly, but that’s typically what they always do regarding KINGS opponents.

Admittedly, I don‘t know if this type of play and production will continue. I recall Nemanja Bjelica being overly productive early last season only to flame out.

That said, this kid has impressed the hell out of me so far. He’s been the lone bright spot. Everyone else has underperformed IMO.

I hope he can sustain his current level of play.

As I joked in another thread, surround Holmes with 4 teammates that play like him and the KINGS will start winning games no matter who the coach is.

If time feared the pyramids than the sun fears Rashaun Holmes no way it has more energy.

Kings are lucky he can't control his fouls or else he would he making money WCS wanted and Adams/Capala are making

Amidst all the badness and garbage, dude is a beast and a steal. How Phoenix let him go I dont know. But it's a bright spot amidst some early season garbage bad hand dealt.
We loved him in Phoenix. Many people didn’t agree with letting him go.

But he lacks size and that hurt the Suns rim protection.

Obviously Baynes is an upgrade but Suns fans still got a lot of love for Holmes.

I was very excited when I saw that we signed him. Especially at that price tag. My only concern was I didn't want him taking Giles' minutes but I knew this guy was a gamer.

He's going to struggle against full sized centers but he can put a walloping on the rest of them for sure. This dude knows how to finish at the rim better than anyone on the team and gives it his all on defense despite being a bit undersized for the position.

I was very excited when I saw that we signed him. Especially at that price tag. My only concern was I didn't want him taking Giles' minutes but I knew this guy was a gamer.

He's going to struggle against full sized centers but he can put a walloping on the rest of them for sure. This dude knows how to finish at the rim better than anyone on the team and gives it his all on defense despite being a bit undersized for the position.
I had Holmes on my fantasy team last year so I know about his ups and downs and the loss of playing time when facing bigger centers, but Im getting more and more happy with his signing. I really wanted us to keep WCS but Holmes, although not quite as good defending pnr and perimeter in general, is a much bigger (in terms of activity and oomf) presence inside. so I'll take that tradeoff. But we do need a tall center as well. Dedmon also struggles against big guys if you watched any Atlanta. If we get Adams we can trade Bagley for a young athletic strech four. :p

Some early Richaun Holmes returns:

On/off rating: (truly lmao worthy)

ON court: 115 minutes
ORtg: 102.0
Def rating: 102.9
Net rating: -0.9

Off court: 125 minutes
ORtg: 93.8
Def rating: 125.4
Net rating: -31.5

68.6% TS
18.1% USG
16.2% TRB
15.2% TOV
6.0% BLK
.142 WS/48
0.9 DBPM
1.2 BPM
0.1 VORP

Honestly, the only thing he's struggled with his turning the ball over too much and he's fouling too much. Everything else, he's been flat awesome and far and away been the best player on the court for the Kings.

It was a LOT sooner than I thought.... LOL Not to mention I could have said not to sign Dedmon. The guy shouldn't even be on the bench. HUGE mistake signing him, and now we're stuck with him.

Does anyone think Holmes will surpass Dedmon in minutes by the middle of the season (if not sooner)? Talk about scoring in bunches, this guy is crazy.

It’s not the height, it’s the weight. He got bodied by the bigger Cs.

Baynes, who the Suns replaced him with, for example weighs over 260 lbs.

Still love him and wish Suns could’ve found a way to keep him too.
He weighed 242.8 at the combine with 15 reps on bench. That weight puts him in the 54th percentile among Cs measured in the last 10 combines and his bench press reps puts him in the 83rd percentile among Cs measured in the last 10 combines. His weight is adequate while he's on the stronger side.

He held his own against 300lbs Jokic so we'll have to see if that was an anomaly or if he can continue to handle the stronger Cs in the league.

On a side note (and just for fun), he ranked in the following percentiles among Cs across the last 10 combines:

• Hand Length = 5th percentile
  • Hand Width = 3rd percentile
  • Height w/o Shoes = 7th percentile
  • Wingspan = 20th percentile
  • Standing Reach = 23rd percentile
  • Weight = 54th percentile
  • Shuttle Run = 20th percentile
  • Lane Agility = 91st percentile
  • 3/4 Sprint = 67th percentile
  • Standing Vertical = 90th percentile
  • Max Vertical = 87th percentile
  • Bench Press = 83rd percentile
So he's...

Shorter and not as long as most Cs
Average when it comes to weight and full court speed compared to Cs
Great in terms of strength, quickness, and hop compared to Cs

I guess we all know who Richaun Holmes is now, and so does Rudy Gobert!
Glad you brought this up.

I absolutely loved that Richaun did what he did when Rudy was acting like a punk. The KINGS have needed players with that type of a chip on their shoulder. They had it with Big Cuz, who mostly didn't know how to manage it. But I think Mr. Holmes does.

Great job coming to defense of a teammate and letting the punk know that it won't be tolerated.

I absolutely loved that Richaun did what he did when Rudy was acting like a punk. The KINGS have needed players with that type of a chip on their shoulder. They had it with Big Cuz, who mostly didn't know how to manage it. But I think Mr. Holmes does.

Great job coming to defense of a teammate and letting the punk know that it won't be tolerated.
Ding ding ding. This is what I came here to post. Absolutely loved the bump.

Yeah I agree it was great though if you picked one dude on the team you didn’t have to stand up for Bjelicia might be my pick.