revisit the cousins trade once more

Nothing will change how I feel this trade was handled and 180 degree turn Vlade did going back on his promises. Will never go back to hold him to higher standards.
That being said, who cares anymore.

From the professional perspective I supported his every move, including Philly trade, because they made sense.
Not posting much lately. Instead of being irked by the unreasonable expectations and negativity from only month ago, now I can just lay back and enjoy the ride

This is pointless. End of the day. Regardless of hindsight. We should have got more back. We lost that trade hands down. Vlade openly admitted to turning more down then accepting less.

We should have had a winner with cousins and end of the day that's on ownership and management.

Funny we will end up paying Willie, close to Cousins money if Vivek can actually pony up some cash for the first time since he bought the franchise.
Yes it is pointless. I didn't like the trade at the time and the handling of it almost broke the camel's back.

What is not pointless IMHO is when Vlade has made gaffes, mistakes big and small, he has recognized them quickly and again IMHO done a damn good job of recovering from them.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Yes it is pointless. I didn't like the trade at the time and the handling of it almost broke the camel's back.

What is not pointless IMHO is when Vlade has made gaffes, mistakes big and small, he has recognized them quickly and again IMHO done a damn good job of recovering from them.
Kinda how I feel.

It was time to move on from Cuz (something I didn't want to admit at the time, being a huge Cuz homer) and by trading him we kept our pick/got off the treadmill.

But the way the trade was handled was horrible. You don't wait until the very last minute to trade a 25/13/5 player. You get a bidding war going.

And yet, luck was on this franchise's side for once, so all's well that ends well!

Vlade is clearly a gambler, but like you said, he reacts and recovers pretty quickly when his gambles don't pay off. And right now it's looking like he's on a little hot streak. Our core is killer.

It really sucks that Cuz got hurt, but if he didn't, I feel like people would look at this trade as one of the rare win/wins.