Resource limit reached

Why does this error always happen? Is the server not capable of handling any amount of visitors? It's a freakin sunday afternoon game for crying out loud.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nobody is happy about it. I sent a message to the board owner. That's about all I can do.

Just for the record: not only am I receiving an error message (occasionally), I am also experiencing a noticeable slow responsive time when surfing the site.

This is somewhat worrisome, especially given the low traffic I suspect we are currently attracting.

One can only imagine what it would feel like when the Kings are relevant again (hopefully for Vlade, in two years time...).

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It was very difficult to log in when the trade went down. I'm not even sure if I'll bother trying during lottery day.
Before you give up entirely, let's see if the board administrator can actually address the issues. We've got a couple of months until the lottery, you know.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's what Jeremy had to say:

Our hosting provider of the last 5 years or so was bought out by another company about a month ago when these issues started. They migrated us to a new "better" server at that time. I've sent them several support requests but so far they don't appear to have fixed the issue. It looks like I might have to look for another hosting provider when I have the time. I'll continue to try and get them to address the issue but not much I can do on my end.

There are something like 478 pages or more of old Threads on here, maybe the Mods can clean up and delete some of those older threads.

I'm sure those threads use a lot of the data/resources.

We can keep the new ones that are A.D. = After Damn DMC Trade :mad:

and delete the really old ones B.D. = Before Damn DMC Trade o_O

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't think deleting some of the older threads will alleviate the issue, at least according to my computer science knowledge. If we load the whole site then yeah maybe
Yes, it appears to my untrained eye that it is a bandwidth issue and not a database size issue. Obviously the entire site isn't being loaded on every request so the size of the database shouldn't affect bandwidth.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There are something like 478 pages or more of old Threads on here, maybe the Mods can clean up and delete some of those older threads.

I'm sure those threads use a lot of the data/resources.

We can keep the new ones that are A.D. = After Damn DMC Trade :mad:

and delete the really old ones B.D. = Before Damn DMC Trade o_O
These are decisions for the board owner to make.

We'll let you know what's happening as soon as we know. :)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I will simply follow up and support the people who have said the size of the database is not the issue. It is the amount of use; bandwidth. I have run many web sites including being the founder of KingsFans.com.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
FYI: Apparently Jeremy must have gotten through to the provider. We had as much traffic today and yesterday and, to my knowledge, no resource limit problems.

:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you encounter any resource limit problems - or other board problems - please let us know here. Thanks.

Was the board down for 12hrs or so? If so, I'm glad it's back up. I'd hate to think the board status is becoming as unreliable as management of the team. Considering I'm not a contributor I don't have room to complain.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Was the board down for 12hrs or so? If so, I'm glad it's back up. I'd hate to think the board status is becoming as unreliable as management of the team. Considering I'm not a contributor I don't have room to complain.
It appears as though the server host was doing some upgrades, and knocked us off for a while. Sorry for the inconvenience.