REPORT: Bogdan Bogdanovic in S&T to Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Now the Next domino is Buddy. I still would prefer keeping him but now that Bogi’s off the Board, it could make the Hawks or another SG needy team eager to drop more assets for him

Thank you.

Not getting a pick sucks but committing to those three players in their late 20s with no more room to growth leaves us in cap hell and an 11th seed. That's a Vlade plan.

Getting Divencenzo is a signal to me that we're looking to get younger and not commit more to our failed rebuild. It's a move that Vlade would have never made and indicates a regime shift.
Move 1 and we're already off in a better direction than we've been in the past 5 years. A playoff spot isn't attainable right now, much less actually contending for a title in the West and committing to a core would only delay a rebuild 2 years down the line.

Kings fans are going to love Donte D from day 1. He's one of those guys who absolutely works his tail off and analytics show is primed as a breakout candidate. Plays both ends of the floor at a high level; multi-positional defender and honestly underrated as a secondary passer/playmaker. I could not be more excited, he's just a prime fit with Fox.

Can't sleep on DJ Wilson either with Giles on the way out. Never hurts to have a young, toolsy developmental big and getting him on board lessens the blow of losing our own young, toolsy developmental big.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
2020 non-guaranteed, fully if not waived on or before two days following 2020 NBA Draft, 06/27/2020 (@EricPincus)
The problem is that Bogdan can't sign the S&T until Nov. 22. Ilyasova's guarantee date is Nov. 20 unless somehow the NBA moved it - but as it was initially two days after the NBA draft, I'm sure it will stay there. It was always intended to be BEFORE the free agent signing period.

That means that Milwaukee has to guarantee Ilyasova's contract to Include him in the trade. We'll be on the hook for that $7M.

And no picks?!?

I don’t really like the trade. Bucks had no FRP but could we at least have gotten a second? Even vlade would have added to his treasure chests of second rounders :p

bogi>divincenzo + filler. But I guess divincenzo + fillers > losing bogi for nothing

The problem is that Bogdan can't sign the S&T until Nov. 22. Ilyasova's guarantee date is Nov. 20 unless somehow the NBA moved it - but as it was initially two days after the NBA draft, I'm sure it will stay there. It was always intended to be BEFORE the free agent signing period.

That means that Milwaukee has to guarantee Ilyasova's contract to Include him in the trade. We'll be on the hook for that $7M.

And no picks?!?
unreal

Bucks literally didn’t have a tradeable pick until 2026
They just gave up 3 picks + 2 swaps for Jrue. That 3+2 is way more than Jrue is worth, while Bogi is worth way more than DD. Bucks shipping out 3 + 2 swaps + spare change for Jrue + Bogi is a good move overall for keeping Giannis

So guess what? Really great trade for 2 teams! Someone got left out in the cold and accepted scraps when some beautiful cuts of meat were trading hands at the main table

Hearing bad news about the CBA, some people saying in order for this trade to work the Bucks had to guarantee Ersan, meaning he's on the books now.
Sean Cunningham @SeanCunningham
In terms of new salary for the Kings, Donte DiVincenzo has a team option in 21-22, while DJ Wilson will have a qualifying offer after this coming season. Ersan Ilyasova will be an expiring contract after the 20-21 season.

They just gave up 3 picks + 2 swaps for Jrue. That 3+2 is way more than Jrue is worth, while Bogi is worth way more than DD. Bucks shipping out 3 + 2 swaps + spare change for Jrue + Bogi is a good move overall for keeping Giannis

So guess what? Really great trade for 2 teams! Someone got left out in the cold and accepted scraps when some beautiful cuts of meat were trading hands at the main table
But in the context of Bogi's being a restricted free agent, he easily could have been lost for nothing. The problem was that the Kings were in a lose-lose situation. Lose him for nothing or S&T him for pretty much nothing. At least this way if Donte or DJ pan out to useful players, there's some benefit

But in the context of Bogi's being a restricted free agent, he easily could have been lost for nothing. The problem was that the Kings were in a lose-lose situation. Lose him for nothing or S&T him for pretty much nothing. At least this way if Donte or DJ pan out to useful players, there's some benefit
Plus, Donte isn’t scraps. He made pretty big improvements this last year and averaged 9 5 and 2 for a 50 plus win contender at the age of 23. I won’t be surprised if he is a future 6th man finalist.

Sean Cunningham @SeanCunningham
In terms of new salary for the Kings, Donte DiVincenzo has a team option in 21-22, while DJ Wilson will have a qualifying offer after this coming season. Ersan Ilyasova will be an expiring contract after the 20-21 season.
If we are stuck with Ersan, and hold onto Bjelica...

We've got floor spacers with Holmes and Bagley.

Trying to think positive.

Plus, Donte isn’t scraps. He made pretty big improvements this last year and averaged 9 5 and 2 for a 50 plus win contender at the age of 23. I won’t be surprised if he is a future 6th man finalist.
I've heard GREAT things about Donte but admittedly haven't watched enough to really have an opinion one way or the other so I sure hope you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.