Rebuild Idea #999

I know this has been discussed many times, but it seems like its a possibility and I'd personally do it in a heartbeat.

To Kings:
Steve Francis
Channing Frye
1st Rounder '07

To NY:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas
John Salmons
2nd Rounder in '08

Then,

To Kings:
Shane Battier
Rafer Alston
1st Rounder '08

To Houston:
Mike Bibby
Francisco Garcia

Francis / Alston / Price
Martin / Francis /Douby
Battier / Martin
SAR / Frye / Williams
Miller / Williams

Add Noah?? in the mix?

Overpay for Gilbert Arenas when he is available next offseason! He is the real deal!!!

What I think of it wouldn't matter, because it can't be done. Bibby + Cisco = $14.7M, Alston + Battier = $10.4M. They have to be within 25% of each other to be legal.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
No, those are both within the realm of reaosnable. But I'm not throwing in Cisco to Houston. They are getting Bibby for Battier, AND dumping a turd with a terrible contract. Not only do I keep Cisco, I am taking their #26 this year. And if they don't like it, I am going to Miami and getting a better offer. To tell yout he truth, not much interest in Battier. Woud rather see how much you could pry off them without him involved, but the finances get dicey.

In any case though, that's the kind of idea. Now unfortunately Francis's deal runs two years, so he doesn't clear the room we would need next offseason to chase Arenas. Wouldn't be until the summer after that.

Still want to see if we can get higher in the top 10 wiht Bibby for the 3,4,5 picks, but if not, then cashing those guys out for additional picks, kids, and soon to be enders is the way to go.

Watching the first two games of the Spurs-Cavs series, I'm thinking the Bibby to Cleveland thing will be back on. The Cavs need a perimeter offensive threat to help James and it's soooo apparent in the opening games.
Now, what does Cleveland have that the Kings want? :eek:

Drew Gooden!! he is a good rebounder I think espn said he was in the top 10 in rebounding last year. Im on the hair patch bandwagon. we need his services. i wouldnt mind sasha and pollards exp. and so other pee-ons.

Drew Gooden!! he is a good rebounder I think espn said he was in the top 10 in rebounding last year. Im on the hair patch bandwagon. we need his services. i wouldnt mind sasha and pollards exp. and so other pee-ons.

Not me... I cringe everytime i see that stupid *** hair cut... I wish he would shave that crap off!

As for him being a King, like you said, he rebounds the ball, and thats certainly something we desprately need... I like Verajao more then gooden though...

Not me... I cringe everytime i see that stupid *** hair cut... I wish he would shave that crap off!

As for him being a King, like you said, he rebounds the ball, and thats certainly something we desprately need... I like Verajao more then gooden though...
Why? Varejao can't put the ball in the basket to save his life...if he could maybe hit 1 out 2 layups I'd consider him, but that guy missed more point blank layups than any scrub in the NBA...he's so overrated.

If I were GM

Keep Bibby

Trade Artest and KT for Jason Williams (exp. contract, 1-year rental), Udonis Haslem, Dorrell Wright, and pick #20

Then,

#10 – Jeff Green
#20 – Sean Williams

PG – Bibby
SG – Kevin Martin
SF – Jeff Green
PF - Sean Williams
C – Miller

Bench: Salmons, Garcia, SAR, Price, Jason Williams X 2, Udonis Haslem, Dorrell Wright