Question?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
lala2pretty2005 said:
I heard that Shaq is going to be the Highest Nba next year. Is that true.
The highest? No, I'm pretty sure that title would go to someone on the Jailblazers.

;)

captain bill said:
Nice.

And Shaq's contract is still being renegotiated, so I imagine he'll be paid even more than he is now next year. Right now Shaq makes 30 million. Next highest is Allan Houston and Chris Webber for $19,125,000 a piece. So yeah, Shaq is number one by far.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
If Riley does that he's dumber than Mitch. Last I heard, Shaq said something about taking less for the good of the team... (He's certainly not worth 30 mil. IMHO) ..Something he couldn't do for the Lakers after yelling at Buss to "PAY ME MFer." Shaq will not have the motivation he had last year and after his new contract will go back to his usual offseason "training". ;)

T

thesanityannex

hoopsfan said:
If Riley does that he's dumber than Mitch. Last I heard, Shaq said something about taking less for the good of the team... (He's certainly not worth 30 mil. IMHO) ..Something he couldn't do for the Lakers after yelling at Buss to "PAY ME MFer." Shaq will not have the motivation he had last year and after his new contract will go back to his usual offseason "training". ;)
With all that said, he will still dominate next year, even with the usual "offseason training"

FrenchCanadianKING said:
Chris Webber.... that name sounds familiar for some odd reason
I think he was rookie of the year with the Warriors.

Shaq will be the highest paid player in the NBA next year, by far.

hoopsfan said:
If Riley lets Shaq convince him to brianhill SVG, he's shady too.

lala2pretty2005 said:
well sources are saying that Shaq's new contract is worth 125 m for 5 year.
yikes thats ridiculous. Wade is worth atleast 10 mil a year when hes contract is up. they'll have to lock up some guys for the long term quick,and then just smile and pay the luxury taxes. thats another thing shaq might make 20 -25 mil a year but its gonna cost the ownership almost double that with taxes.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
$125 million for five years?

And who, pray tell, actually thinks Shaq has five years of basketball left?

:rolleyes:

F

Fillmoe

Bricklayer said:
Not anymore -- a few years back he agreed to resign wiht the Wolves for a lower amount so they could compete. "Only" earns about $18mil now.
wow.... KG is the truth!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BigSong said:
yikes thats ridiculous. Wade is worth atleast 10 mil a year when hes contract is up. they'll have to lock up some guys for the long term quick,and then just smile and pay the luxury taxes. thats another thing shaq might make 20 -25 mil a year but its gonna cost the ownership almost double that with taxes.
Dwayne Wade is the future of the Miami Heat IMHO. At some point within the next couple of years, he's clearly going to be worth more than Shaq. How's he going to feel seeing his teammate taking home twice the paycheck?

There's a story building in Miami and it might get very interesting...

VF21 said:
Dwayne Wade is the future of the Miami Heat IMHO. At some point within the next couple of years, he's clearly going to be worth more than Shaq. How's he going to feel seeing his teammate taking home twice the paycheck?

There's a story building in Miami and it might get very interesting...
The same story that was in LA with Kobe and Shaq

VF21 said:
$125 million for five years?

And who, pray tell, actually thinks Shaq has five years of basketball left?

:rolleyes:
My thoughts exactly when I read that. Who is a 38 year old (or 37, 36, 45) Shaq gonna intimidate? His skills will deteriote quickly. Renegotiating for less cash may serve to actually give Shaq more in the long term by not having to become a free agent as his stock continues to decline.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hmmm. Shaq and someone in Orlando. Shaq and Kobe in LA. Shaq and Dwayne in Miami...

Is it just me or is there a pattern there if you look really closely?

VF21 said:
Hmmm. Shaq and someone in Orlando. Shaq and Kobe in LA. Shaq and Dwayne in Miami...

Your animals just kill me!

Let me guess, you make that dancing elephant appear by typing :shaq:

VF21 said:

Hmmm..what is the common factor in all these cases?? The fat dancing elephant, perhaps?? ;)