7) Killian Hayes Detroit

8) Devin Vassell New York Knicks

9) Onyeka Okongwu Washington Wizards

10) Kira Lewis. Pheonix Suns

11) Obi Toppin. San Antonio

12) Patrick Williams Sacramento

13) Aaron Nesmith New Orleans

14) Precious Achiuwa Boston
I’m not sure Patrick Williams lasts until 12 most of the recent mocks have him going as high as 4 and pretty regularly to the Pistons at 7. I would be surprised if he made it past the top 10 at this point

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
No one else has the juevos to take a stab at it. Come on @bajaden
I didn't understand that the premise was for people to post their own guesses on the lottery results. OK, here is my completely wrong list:

1) Minnesota: LaMelo Ball

2) New York Knicks (from Golden State): James Wiseman (Knicks trade Julius Randle to Warriors for Draymond Green, 2020 #2, 2021 2nd round pick via Minnesota)

3) Charlotte: Anthony Edwards

4) Chicago: Deni Avdija

5) Cleveland: Obi Toppin

6) Atlanta: Onyeka Okongwu

7) Detroit: Killian Hayes

8) Boston (from New York Knicks): Isaac Okoro (Boston trades #14, #26, and #30 to Knicks for #8)

9) Washington: Tyrese Halliburton

10) Phoenix: Kira Lewis

11) San Antonio: RJ Hampton

12) Sacramento: Devin Vassell

13) New Orleans: Jalen Smith

14) New York (from Boston): Cole Anthony (Knicks trade #8 to Boston for #14, #26, and #30)

I’m not sure Patrick Williams lasts until 12 most of the recent mocks have him going as high as 4 and pretty regularly to the Pistons at 7. I would be surprised if he made it past the top 10 at this point
mostly due to Hollinger reporting the Pistons are big on him. I’m guessing it’s a smoke screen to keep people from trading up into the Hawks 6 spot to grab the guy they really want like Okongyu or Hayes.

I didn't understand that the premise was for people to post their own guesses on the lottery results. OK, here is my completely wrong list:

2) New York Knicks (from Golden State): James Wiseman (Knicks trade Julius Randle to Warriors for Draymond Green, 2020 #2, 2021 2nd round pick via Minnesota)

8) Boston (from New York Knicks): Isaac Okoro (Boston trades #14, #26, and #30 to Knicks for #8)

14) New York (from Boston): Cole Anthony (Knicks trade #8 to Boston for #14, #26, and #30)
If we end up with Vassell I will be excited.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
With everything that has been going on with COVID, the election, personal stuff, etc., I totally forgot the NBA draft is actually this week. :oops:

Other than Ball, I have no idea who ANY of these players are. I don't follow college ball at all. Sometimes I know a few names just from hype or discussion, but it seems like this year is even worse than normal for me as far as name recognition.

2020 is the stupidest year ever. I don't even know what to say at this point. Go Kings?!?! I have no idea if I want them to trade the pick because I don't know who anyone is or ??? I am like absolutely the worst Kings fan right now. ;)

Suns could go Lewis at 10 and Vassell could very well slide to 12. I wish for once we get a player rising up the draft boards and not dropping (on the boards).

That's a big trade for the Warriors. Have you sen that rumor somewhere?

With everything that has been going on with COVID, the election, personal stuff, etc., I totally forgot the NBA draft is actually this week. :oops:

Other than Ball, I have no idea who ANY of these players are. I don't follow college ball at all. Sometimes I know a few names just from hype or discussion, but it seems like this year is even worse than normal for me as far as name recognition.

2020 is the stupidest year ever. I don't even know what to say at this point. Go Kings?!?! I have no idea if I want them to trade the pick because I don't know who anyone is or ??? I am like absolutely the worst Kings fan right now. ;)
Nope, not the worst. Not even close. 2020 has been rough. I used to claim my insanity kept me sane but I don't know if I even have that to fall back on now. My insanity that is.

I'll have a go then:

1. Anthony Edwards - Minnesota Timberwolves
2. James Wiseman - Golden State Warriors
3. Onyeke Okongwu - Charlotte Hornets
4. Lamelo Ball - Chicago Bulls
5. Deni Andija - Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Obi Toppin - Atlanta Hawks
7. Killian Hayes - Detroit Pistons
8. Tyrese Haliburton - New York Knicks
9. Isaac Okoro - Washington Wizards
10. Patrick Williams - Phoenix Suns
11. Devin Vassell - San Antonio Spurs
12. RJ Hampton - Sacramento Kings *yuck*
13. Saddiq Bey - New Orleans Pelicans
14. Kira Lewis jr - Boston Celtics

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Alright, since you insist, but the likely hood of getting it right is about as likely as winning the lottery.

1. Anthony Edwards
1. James Wiseman
3. Onyeka Okongwu
4. Patrick Williams
5. LaMelo Ball
6. Tyrese Haliburton
7. Obi Toppin
8. Deni Avdija
9. Isaac Okoro
10. Aaron Nesmith
11. Killian Hayes
12. Kira Lewis Jr.
13. Devin Vassell
14. Precious Achiuwa

This is not how I would pick them, but based on some rumors, which are probably a smoke screen. All it would take is a couple of trades at the top to screw up everything. For those shocked to see Williams up so high, it's because it's been highly rumored that the Bulls have given him a promise. One of many! LOL!

Alright, since you insist, but the likely hood of getting it right is about as likely as winning the lottery.

1. Anthony Edwards
1. James Wiseman
3. Onyeka Okongwu
4. Patrick Williams
5. LaMelo Ball
6. Tyrese Haliburton
7. Obi Toppin
8. Deni Avdija
9. Isaac Okoro
10. Aaron Nesmith
11. Killian Hayes
12. Kira Lewis Jr.
13. Devin Vassell
14. Precious Achiuwa

This is not how I would pick them, but based on some rumors, which are probably a smoke screen. All it would take is a couple of trades at the top to screw up everything. For those shocked to see Williams up so high, it's because it's been highly rumored that the Bulls have given him a promise. One of many! LOL!
Got to love it. Assuming we keep the 12th two of your favourites, Vassell and Lewis both likely to be there for the picking.

1. Anthony Edwards
1. James Wiseman
3. Onyeka Okongwu
4. Patrick Williams
5. LaMelo Ball
6. Tyrese Haliburton
7. Obi Toppin
8. Deni Avdija
9. Isaac Okoro
10. Aaron Nesmith
11. Killian Hayes
12. Kira Lewis Jr.
13. Devin Vassell
14. Precious Achiuwa

Don’t know if I’ve missed it and probably for a different thread, but would love to see how you would pick them ahead of tomorrow... bajaden big board pleeeease

bajaden

Hall of Famer
OK, how would I pick them? Well, let me see. Just going on who I like, and added in with what I see as a team need to some extent, these are my crazy choices.

1. T. Wolves: Tyrese Haliburton - PG/SG. Wolves need a player who can run the pt, play off the ball, and make everyone better. That's Haliburton
2. Warriors: James Wiseman - Center. Warriors need someone with size, who can run the floor, protect the basket and rebound.
3. Hornets: Obi Toppin - PF. The Hornets need a star, and Topping will be one.
4. Bulls: Anthony Edwards - SG. Edwards is a risk, but worth it at this point
5. Cav's: LaMelo Ball - SF. If he can become a consistent 3 pt shooter, the Cav's will have themselves a star.
6. Hawks: Isaac Okoro - SG. The Hawks need someone who can play defense.
7. Pistons: Deni Avdija - PG/SG/SF/PF. Pistons get themselves a swiss arm knife who can fit in anywhere.
8. Knicks: Killian Hayes - PG. The Knicks need help anywhere, so PG is a good start.
9. Wizards: Onyeka Okongwu - PF/C. The Wiz get a big man to defend the basket, and run the floor with Wall.
10. Suns: Devin Vassell - SG/SF. Suns get a player who can back up two positions and play solid defense.
11. Spurs: Patrick Williams - SF/PF. Williams is a terrific talent but rough around the edges. The Spurs are terrific at developing players. Perfect fit!
12. Kings: Saddiq Bey - SF/PF. The Kings need size on the wing, and someone who can play defense.
13. Pelicans: Kira Lewis Jr. - PG. The Pel's get their PG of the future.
14. Celtics: Precious Achiuwa - PF. The Celtics need size and defense, and Achiuwa brings both.
15. Magic: Aaron Nesmith - SG/SF. The Magic like size at every position, and Nesmith gives them that at SG, along wit great shooting.
16. T. Blazers: Aleksej Pokusevski - SF/PF. The Trailblazers like taking flyers on high upside players. Pokusevski fits the mold.
17. T. Wolves: Cole Anthony - PG. Cole Anthony is too talented to pass up at this point. Hopefully last season was an aberration.
18. Mav's: Tyrell Terry - PG. - Mav's get a potential backup PG who could end up being a starter.
19. Net's: Josh Green - SG. Green is loaded with potential, but needs some polish.
20. Heat: Jalen Smith - PF/C. Smith gives the Heat some more size, and a C/PF who can stretch the floor, rebound, and block shots.
21. 76'ers: Tyrese Maxey - SG. If Maxey gets his 3pt shot back to normal, the 76'ers will have a steal on their hands.
22. Nuggets: Theo Maledon - PG. The Nuggets need a PG, and Maledon is the best one available at this point.
23. Jazz: R.J. Hampton - PG/SG. Hopefully Hampton can prove to everyone he deserves to go higher.
24. Bucks: Desmond Bane - SG. Bucks get a player who plays physical, can shoot lights out, and defend. Bane has been very underrated.
25. Thunder: Daniel Oturu - PF/C. Since Adams is likely to be moved, Oturu gives them a talented big man that fits today's NBA
26. Celtics: Isaiah Stewart - PF. The Celtics double down by taking another talented big man. You can't have too many.
27. Knicks: Jahmi'us Ramsey - SG. Ramsey is another underrated player. He can shoot, and he can defend. Knicks fans will love him..
28. Lakers: Isaiah Joe - SG/PG. The Lakers get a very talented player who probably should go higher, but then I'm biased.
29. Raptors: Robert Woodard - SF. Woodard fits the Raptors style of play. Tough defender and he can shoot the ball
30. Celtics: Vernon Carey Jr. - Center. Once again, the Celts go big, and besides, I think Carey should go in the first round....

Haliburton would actually be a pretty good fit with the Wolves. I'm sure they could move down and convince a team to swap Edwards for him and get something else alongside. This seems like the kind of draft that would have a lot of minor moves for salary reasons and what not, but who knows.

If the Kings FO is holding on to Hield and trying to be competitive next season then I think Bey makes a lot of sense. He reminds me a bit of Shane Battier. Maybe a bit less sound defensively but with a bit more defensive potential. He and Barnes are a bit redundant (including both being below average rebounders for SF/PFs) but I don't think the team that picks Bey will look back with regret. There will be better players taken after him but his bust potential is pretty low IMO.

But I think the Kings are looking to tank. I think they want to trade Buddy for young players and/or picks along with guys on ending deals and I think they'd move Barnes if they could get back contracts that end sooner.

That being the case, I think they gamble on upside. Pokusevski would be the big risk reward gamble and I wouldn't be surprised if they are targeting him.

These aren't necessarily guys I'd pick, but how I could see things shaking out assuming there are no trades, which is incredibly unlikely.

MIN Edwards
GS Wiseman
CHA Okongwu
CHI Avdija
CLE Hayes
ATL Haliburton
DET Williams
NYK Ball
WAS Toppin
PHO Okoro
SAS Bey
SAC Pokusevski
NOP Terry
BOS Vassell or maybe Jalen Smith. Who knows here?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If the Kings FO is holding on to Hield and trying to be competitive next season then I think Bey makes a lot of sense. He reminds me a bit of Shane Battier. Maybe a bit less sound defensively but with a bit more defensive potential. He and Barnes are a bit redundant (including both being below average rebounders for SF/PFs) but I don't think the team that picks Bey will look back with regret. There will be better players taken after him but his bust potential is pretty low IMO.

But I think the Kings are looking to tank. I think they want to trade Buddy for young players and/or picks along with guys on ending deals and I think they'd move Barnes if they could get back contracts that end sooner.

That being the case, I think they gamble on upside. Pokusevski would be the big risk reward gamble and I wouldn't be surprised if they are targeting him.

These aren't necessarily guys I'd pick, but how I could see things shaking out assuming there are no trades, which is incredibly unlikely.

MIN Edwards
GS Wiseman
CHA Okongwu
CHI Avdija
CLE Hayes
ATL Haliburton
DET Williams
NYK Ball
WAS Toppin
PHO Okoro
SAS Bey
SAC Pokusevski
NOP Terry
BOS Vassell or maybe Jalen Smith. Who knows here?
I think it depends on what they’re able to get for Buddy. If it ends up that they’re able to get the 6th pick without having to move the 12th and snag Okoro or Haliburton or another “solid” perimeter player of the ilk, I could definitely see McNair taking the lotto pick chance on Poku. If all we end up with is the 12th though, I’m not sure McNair will be so willing to pull the trigger

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Also the Kings drafting the Serb immediately after dropping Vlade as GM and trading Serbia national team star Bogi would be hilarious. The scenario in which the Kings wind up with Deni AND Poku doubly so.

I think it depends on what they’re able to get for Buddy. If it ends up that they’re able to get the 6th pick without having to move the 12th and snag Okoro or Haliburton or another “solid” perimeter player of the ilk, I could definitely see McNair taking the lotto pick chance on Poku. If all we end up with is the 12th though, I’m not sure McNair will be so willing to pull the trigger
We'll see. So far there's little to go off with McNair. All we have is the Bogi deal which is beginning to sound like a situation where they dealt him to the Bucks to avoid either losing him for nothing or overpaying to match an offer sheet from another team. I have no idea what his draft strategy is.

But the apparent lack of workouts is weird. I don't know if it means anything or not.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We'll see. So far there's little to go off with McNair. All we have is the Bogi deal which is beginning to sound like a situation where they dealt him to the Bucks to avoid either losing him for nothing or overpaying to match an offer sheet from another team. I have no idea what his draft strategy is.

But the apparent lack of workouts is weird. I don't know if it means anything or not.
Yep. Looking forward to the draft is never really a good thing but I’m really looking forward to seeing what McNair tomorrow.

Honestly, I could totally see him moving the pick tomorrow.
Moving the 12th for a vet isn’t ideal but if we move the pick for extra assets in next year’s draft, it would probably be most telling of all.

1. Anthony Edwards
1. James Wiseman
3. Onyeka Okongwu
4. Patrick Williams
5. LaMelo Ball
6. Tyrese Haliburton
7. Obi Toppin
8. Deni Avdija
9. Isaac Okoro
10. Aaron Nesmith
11. Killian Hayes
12. Kira Lewis Jr.
13. Devin Vassell
14. Precious Achiuwa

You think we take Lewis over Vassell? That might be the point I become a GS fan.