Post Trade Discussion

Hmm, i dont know what happened to my other acct, but it disappeared. :( Ive been waiting for about 4-5 hours to respond to some of the threads.

After all is said and done, Im still going to hold a little bit of reserve and see how our new kings and the team as a whole, do against a stronger team. Still, in a game full of emotion, and fastpace all game long, I'd have to say we didn't do too bad. At one point we had all 3 of the new kings on the floor, yet we still played well. You can definitely see where practice would have helped. I just can't see myself being too hard on the team right now, we've recieved 4 new players in as little as 2 months, and lost some loved ones as well. Only time will tell, but if I had to bet a hand, I'd say things will definitely work out well. We now have a better presence on the boards... and thats... a plus.

Alacron said:
I think of it as:

Webber for Thomas Large Downgrade: -rebounding -scoring -passing -leadership +athleticism +defensive rotation

I'm surprised that you thought of rebounding first above the scoring, above the leadership and the passing. I don't think we got worse in the rebounding dept at all. The main differnce is that Thomas is a banger and hustler. He follows shots, breaks the boards and gives a significant advantage on the offensive glass.

Look at the numbers, almost identical with Webber with the exception that Thomas is only 6'7 and still grabs as many boards.

Changing gears a bit here, but do you think that Bibby is the no.2 PG in the league behind Nash? I am not just speaking statwise, but how well each PG runs their offense. Nash took a 7-8th seed team and put them into the top 3 (not bashing Marbury, but I think Nash is better). Bibby is doing the same for Sacramento. Bibby is a player that the Kings success hinges on. I feel Bibby is one of the few "smart" PG in the league.

I wanted to say this after last nights game, but totally forgot about it until now.

Players like Bibby, Nash, Hinrich, Wade, Kidd... Those players are the best at their position hands down.. Stockton was the smartest PG ever to play the game..

Last edited:
GoGoGadget said:
I've got questions -- issues? -- with the trade that probably won't be addressed until the offseason, and certainly won't be addressed after one shorthanded and overly emotional game. So, its way too early to go there for me.

However, on a strictly personal level, I learned that I was, in fact, able to root for the new guys* and that I could (for the first time ever) root for Chris to miss a shot. Watching the game got me closer to closure, and, damn that feels good.

*I knew that I could, of course, root for anyone and everyone wearing a Kings jersey, but it was nice to get confirmation of that fact -- the emotion of the trade hit hard
VF21 said:
Damn, girl. You took the words right out of KG and my mouths. We were discussing the exact same thing on the ride back to Sacramento from my house a bit ago. However, we're still suffering that mysterious sudden urge to wail like wounded banshees. I personally believe it has something to do with the decor of KG's home. There isn't a wall, desk, table, lamp, bit of floor, etc. that doesn't have something Kings related on it. For example, walking down the hall one is faced with the choice of staring at the floor OR looking at a poster of Jason Williams with Chris Webber on his left and Vlade Divac on his right. Instant sobs and you don't even need to add water.

This is gonna be tough. As KG said, in the TDOS it would have been somewhat easier because.... because... because... okay, I don't remember why exactly she said it would be easier but it sure sounded good at the time.
At least the part I heard between sobs sounded good.

Closure? Right now I'll settle for anything less than sniveling mound of hysteria...and that's a good thing.
Word, word.

My disclaimer: I was rooting for the Kings, but I was also rooting for CHRIS - not the 76ers, but Chris. I guess I just want him to do well wherever he goes - I still feel bad that he gets such a bad rap but I guess as time goes on, I'll get over it; I couldn't stop crying the entire game :eek: and I imagine that when the Kings play the Magic, the same syndrome will mysteriously appear. The new guys looked good - good win for the Kings.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
Alacron said:
I think of it as:

Webber for Thomas Large Downgrade: -rebounding -scoring -passing -leadership +athleticism +defensive rotation

~~

Well Maybe. But if you are going by stats you have to look at everything. Ok so Webber averages more points he also averages 9 more shots. So give Thomas 20 shots i would suspect the points would be the same. Now rebounds Webber averages 10 more min a game so give Thomas starters time i would expect around 9-10 rebounds as well. Now the passing and leadership you are right. Thomas may have the edge on scoring and rebounding ability. Webber is to me the smartest player in the league. All in All i think we got the much needed athletisism and depth that we needed. Versatility is the key word when describing the kings now. Now we don't have to play smart we can make mistakes and still win. To win before we almost had to play perfect ball.

I would still feel better if they had waited until the offseason to trade Chris. This win did take some of the sting off it. I also feel sorry for Chris. He probably feels like he lost the game, but Iverson should shoulder some of the blame for costly turnovers in the 4th. I hope things go well for Chris in Philly.

GoGoGadget said:
I've got questions -- issues? -- with the trade that probably won't be addressed until the offseason, and certainly won't be addressed after one shorthanded and overly emotional game. So, its way too early to go there for me.

However, on a strictly personal level, I learned that I was, in fact, able to root for the new guys* and that I could (for the first time ever) root for Chris to miss a shot. Watching the game got me closer to closure, and, damn that feels good.

*I knew that I could, of course, root for anyone and everyone wearing a Kings jersey, but it was nice to get confirmation of that fact -- the emotion of the trade hit hard
Well, at least someone else is. As much as I try to present a strong front, as if I am over the trade, truth is, I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for the Kings has I have since,well, as long as I can remember. But, its still a different type of rooting for them. Not necessarily in a bad way, nor good way either. A lot of things changed with this trade--check that, with the events of the the last calendar year starting from about this time. My perspective towards a lot of things that make who I am as fan were changed; I am still in the process of working that all out.

But I'll get there, its basketball-sports after all.

ReinadelosReys said:
Well, at least someone else is. As much as I try to present a strong front, as if I am over the trade, truth is, I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for the Kings has I have since,well, as long as I can remember. But, its still a different type of rooting for them. Not necessarily in a bad way, nor good way either. A lot of things changed with this trade--check that, with the events of the the last calendar year starting from about this time. My perspective towards a lot of things that make who I am as fan were changed; I am still in the process of working that all out.

But I'll get there, its basketball-sports after all.
that's about where I am with this. I watched the game and rooted for the Kings, but I also cheered every time Webb made a shot. As much as I look forward to the future with this "New" face of the Kings, I will never completely be over this trade. I didn't feel much closure yesterday because watching Webb on the other side of the court just hurt too much, especially because I knew he didn't want to be there. Would have been easier, perhaps, if he wanted the trade. I am hoping that more "closure" for me will come in future weeks as I watch the Kings play without Webb, and without watching him on the other side of the court. And maybe, maybe by March 28 I will feel less conflicted, less hurt and less sad when Webb comes to Arco as a 76er. Hey, maybe I'll even get through it without tears! Time will only tell.

Gary said:
Changing gears a bit here, but do you think that Bibby is the no.2 PG in the league behind Nash? I am not just speaking statwise, but how well each PG runs their offense. Nash took a 7-8th seed team and put them into the top 3 (not bashing Marbury, but I think Nash is better). Bibby is doing the same for Sacramento. Bibby is a player that the Kings success hinges on. I feel Bibby is one of the few "smart" PG in the league.

I wanted to say this after last nights game, but totally forgot about it until now. Players like Bibby, Nash, Hinrich, Wade, Kidd... Those players are the best at their position hands down.. Stockton was the smartest PG ever to play the game..
I think Bibby is grossly underrated by the media twits. He reminds me a lot of John Stockton, who I also believe is the best PG that we have seen in decades. Slower and smarter than most, very tough, tenacious, and effective. I like Bibby more than ever, and agree that he will be the key to Sacramento's future success. More than ever, the Kings need a good court-leader and play-maker, and Bibby is our best shot. The team used to rely on Doug Christie during Bibby's down-periods. Doug is not here, and none of the other King's guards, including Bobby, are good play-makers at this point. They are mostly shooters like Iverson, ......... well nobody is quite like Iverson. Thank God.