[Game] Portland vs. Kings, Tuesday Nov. 12, 7 PM PT/10 PM ET

This was the type of game I'd like to see Kings have more often. Strong defense, transition game, ball sharing (except Buddy :)), smart offensive plays. These games return faith that we could be a legit playoff contender if we could continue playing the same way.

I personally didn't like the fact that Buddy insisted on shooting so much when it was clear that he can't score anything. He should've focused on driving to the basket and trying to enable his teammates to score more often, rather than forcing that 3 point shooting (I think he had back to back airballs in the first half). Yogi had a great role, nice to finally see him on the court and hope he could get some minutes moving forward.

Unpopular opinion: We don't have a true superstar on the team, hence, we have numerous players who think they should lead the group and score many points (Fox, Bagley, Buddy, Bogi, Harrison). Once we get Fox and Bagley back in the lineup, it's going to be crowded and I'm afraid no one would be willing to sacrifice their own numbers for the sake of the team. I think we'd benefit more from having a strong role player such as Shumpert - someone who's a good defender, but also can step up and score when necessary and have one less "superstar in the making" on our roster. But again, that's just my stupid opinion.

Way to go, team, now, please go ahead and destroy Lakers on Friday! BEAT LA!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
How did Giles look in his 6 minutes? I didn't get to see the game.
Overamped. Couple of quick silly fouls, made a jumper. Very quick move past Skal (got fouled) and caught a pass through traffic while sprinting down the court for a layup attempt, but missed.

The thing that stands out? Nothing about his play seems like he’s gimpy at all. Doesn’t appear to be struggling to move in any way. We’ll see if that changes if/when he starts getting more minutes.

Thanks guys. Sounds like a typical Giles performance. Hopefully he can play well enough to get more than 6 minutes at a time going forward but I understand them wanting to win and feeling the need to get him back at it slowly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks guys. Sounds like a typical Giles performance. Hopefully he can play well enough to get more than 6 minutes at a time going forward but I understand them wanting to win and feeling the need to get him back at it slowly.
One thing they didn't mention is HEART! He was involved, animated, and pumped to be playing in front of the home fans. Personally, I've always loved a player who so obviously loves us. :)

This was the type of game I'd like to see Kings have more often. Strong defense, transition game, ball sharing (except Buddy :)), smart offensive plays. These games return faith that we could be a legit playoff contender if we could continue playing the same way.

I personally didn't like the fact that Buddy insisted on shooting so much when it was clear that he can't score anything. He should've focused on driving to the basket and trying to enable his teammates to score more often, rather than forcing that 3 point shooting (I think he had back to back airballs in the first half). Yogi had a great role, nice to finally see him on the court and hope he could get some minutes moving forward.

Unpopular opinion: We don't have a true superstar on the team, hence, we have numerous players who think they should lead the group and score many points (Fox, Bagley, Buddy, Bogi, Harrison). Once we get Fox and Bagley back in the lineup, it's going to be crowded and I'm afraid no one would be willing to sacrifice their own numbers for the sake of the team. I think we'd benefit more from having a strong role player such as Shumpert - someone who's a good defender, but also can step up and score when necessary and have one less "superstar in the making" on our roster. But again, that's just my stupid opinion.

Shumpert signed with the Nets today. So, Forget that.

I think that strong role player is named Richaun Holmes. He's gonna be the new Shump pretty soon here

Shumpert is on another team. Time to get over it.

Kudos to Luke. I wanted him fired at 0-5 myself. Nice to see him climb this team out that hole to 4-6. Wish Fox and Bagley were healthy for his get-right game but is what it is. He will have his chance at redemption.

Yep. I don't consider it an excuse as much as a reason why they looked so lethargic and downright awful. Not only did the 40 HR round trip and time changes take a lot out of them, they lost a lot of regular practice time.

To further the point, the Indiana Pacers started the season out 0-3, with losses to DET (twice) and CLE. They've gone 7-1 since.

Coincidence?
they also have had AN INSANE amount of injuries Victor/Lamb/Turner/Goga/Sabonis although there schedule has been liquid soft.

Also if Ariza is out is there any way we can pick up Mckinnie (Warriors wing from last year)?

Shumpert is on another team. Time to get over it.
I didn't say we need to sign Shumpert, I said we need a role player with his characteristics. Might be a language barrier :)

Holmes is not only that kind of a player, but also I think he's an upgrade compared to WCS (and he has sooo much room for improvement and growth).

Anyhow, let's see what happens when we have Fox and Bagley back on the court. In the meantime - BEAT LA!