POLL: Who do you THINK the Kings will ACTUALLY get with pick #4?

Who will the Kings ACTUALLY Pick at #4

• Stephen Curry

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 40 32.3%
  • Johnny Flynn

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • James Harden

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • Jrue Holiday

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Jordan Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brandon Jennings

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • Hasheem Thabeet

• Demar DeRozan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all, I am a new name to the forums, but have been an active reader for a while.

So I am still optimistic that we will draft Rubio, but if he is taken then I think that we will select Tyreke Evans.

With the way things seem to be unfolding, this is the way I see it play out:

1) Blake Griffin
2) Tyreke Evans
3) Ricky Rubio
4) Jonny Flynn
5) Hasheem Thabeet
6) Stephen Curry

Methinks Rubio is gone and if that's the case I hope we pick up Curry

With the way things seem to be unfolding, this is the way I see it play out:

1) Blake Griffin
2) Tyreke Evans
3) Ricky Rubio
4) Jonny Flynn
5) Hasheem Thabeet
6) Stephen Curry

Methinks Rubio is gone and if that's the case I hope we pick up Curry
Oops forgot about Harden...

1) Blake Griffin
2) Tyreke Evans
3) Ricky Rubio
4) Jonny Flynn
5) Hasheem Thabeet
6) James Harden
7) Stephen Curry

I like the fourth pick because there are three players who look good to me; Rubio, Evans, Harden. It is a universal impossibility that all of those players are unavailable at the 4, assuming the clippers take Griffin. I picked Harden because he had the most to offer the Kings in terms of up and down talent. Rubio is a project with alot of publicity and following and hype, which is another was of saying he has a lot of draw.

I think it'll be Evans or Flynn. I still want Rubio but believe Evans and Flynn would be less of a gamble, so I'll be happy with any of the above.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
After hear Petrie talking about the need for length, penetration, defense, rebounding, and creativity, I thinking I'm going to have to change my answer to Evans for this question (instead of Flynn). One thing Petrie didn't mention was shooting. Evans satisfies a lot of those criteria, even though after the fact Petrie made it known he wasn't going to get help in those categories with just one person.

Another tough draft to figure out. Who would Petrie choose for this team if he had his choice between a rookie S.Dalembert, J.Williams, E.Watson, M.Bibby, M.Ginobli or R.Stuckey? I'm leaning heavily towards Evans as our choice at #4 right now but of the likely candidates the only one that would shock me would be Thabeet. Here's my best guess right now of the order of likelihood of who the actual selection will be tomorrow: Evans, Rubio, Curry, Flynn, Harden, Thabeet.

Last edited:
I think the Kings have coveted Rubio all along. If he is not available, I like Flynn for his quickness and leadership qualities. I trust Petrie and the organization to make the right choice.

Another tough draft to figure out. Who would Petrie choose for this team if he had his choice between a rookie S.Dalembert, J.Williams, E.Watson, M.Bibby, M.Ginobli or R.Stuckey?
i'm guessing dalembert = thabeet, williams = rubio, and evans = ginobli. who do the other 3 equate to in this draft?

Evens easily, either him or Rubio. Rubio will do a lot of good before he even touches a basketball being an international star and all, Evens will be solid no doubt.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but it might be interesting if...

Just a crazy thought = What if Rubio does fall to the fourth spot, (#1 Griffin, #2 Thabeet, #3 Harden) do you see the Kings trading him to Minnesota for the #5 and #6. Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry? Or trade Rubio to them for the rights to Tyreke Evans and try to grab one of their forwards. Ryan Gomes maybe? Or Madsen?

Last edited:
A

AriesMar27

rubio.... i think that okc takes a sg like harden. westbrook played well last year and will only get better. but ciscofo3 had a cool idea if rubio is there we take him and then tarde him for the 5th and 6th pick.

Well, at this point, the chances of us snagging Rubio are getting smaller and smaller. OKC contacted a Spanish law firm to help Rubio with his contract negotiation, which pretty much solidifies the fact that, if Memphis passes him up, OKC's gonna take him. Right now, I'll be happy with Evans, Thabeet, or Harden, though I think it's very probable that we'll get Evans.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, at this point, the chances of us snagging Rubio are getting smaller and smaller. OKC contacted a Spanish law firm to help Rubio with his contract negotiation, which pretty much solidifies the fact that, if Memphis passes him up, OKC's gonna take him. Right now, I'll be happy with Evans, Thabeet, or Harden, though I think it's very probable that we'll get Evans.
The stuff about the Spanish law firm is old news AND not that big a deal. Apparently they used the firm to brief them on the intricacies of contract law in Spain just in case. This was talked about yesterday (day before?) in one of the Rubio threads.

:)

Possibility is that Memphis nabs Rubio at the #2, if we get Thabeet at the #4, perhaps a swap for monetary reasons there with cash considerations to the Grizz as compensation. Out of safety I picked Evans though, although I strongly debated Thabeet as my second, since I have a feeling Evans and Rubio are gone, so we pick the tallest guy with shotblocking abilities to build upon our horrid defense and hope his sky hooks pan out.

Last edited:
The stuff about the Spanish law firm is old news AND not that big a deal. Apparently they used the firm to brief them on the intricacies of contract law in Spain just in case. This was talked about yesterday (day before?) in one of the Rubio threads.

:)
Hmm, I guess I missed that (too many Rubio threads to read all of them ;)).

I hope it's Flynn but i think its clearly Evans. I don't know how well he would fit but i think he is more talented the Curry or Harden so i would be fine with it.