[Playoffs] Western Conference Finals

Which team will be the sacrifical lamb for LBJ? (Assuming the right outcome in the ECF, of course)

• Rockets in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockets in 5

• Rockets in 6

• Warriors in 4

• Warriors in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Memo to TNT: the last shot by Steph Curry wouldn't have counted had it gone in. It was clearly in his hand when the red light lit up.

Someone on twitter also pointed out that his foot may have been on the line too, but I couldn't tell for sure. Not sure about the foul call and clock reset to 0.5 either. No matter, Curry missed so they're moot points now.

And Paul should have missed the 2nd FT intentionally as their was no chance for GSW to get the rebound and call time out while still having enough time for a catch and shoot situation.

Memo to TNT: the last shot by Steph Curry wouldn't have counted had it gone in. It was clearly in his hand when the red light lit up.

Someone on twitter also pointed out that his foot may have been on the line too, but I couldn't tell for sure. Not sure about the foul call and clock reset to 0.5 either. No matter, Curry missed so they're moot points now.

And Paul should have missed the 2nd FT intentionally as their was no chance for GSW to get the rebound and call time out while still having enough time for a catch and shoot situation.
Ditto on the .5 reset seemed fishy to me

It's not always about the players but more so about the competition being put out in these conference finals thus far, which has been lackluster considering what's at stake for all teams remaining.
I could not disagree more. The level of effort is off the charts. The defense and rebounding is astounding to watch. Even teams like Houston are plahying defense.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I could not disagree more. The level of effort is off the charts. The defense and rebounding is astounding to watch. Even teams like Houston are plahying defense.
playing defense once in every couple of games? So they wait until they are backed into a corner to start doing so? Don't forget now, Houston has capable defenders so it's not as if their defense should come as a surprise considering CP3 has made all-nba defensive teams, Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute, Capela and Nene are all capable

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I hate the Warriors so damn much, but I also get a lot of joy from watching James Harden and Chris Paul simultaneously wetting themselves and choking every single time they're touching the ball this game.

If CP3 is out Rox are done
Lucky ass GSW's might get bailed out by CP3's injury. I think many underrate how much luck plays a role in either winning or losing a championship. If CP3 is out or severely limited and the GSW's pull off the series win -- this will qualify as a lucky title (should they beat the Celts/Cavs as expected).

I get that Iguodala's absence hurts GSW, but nowhere near as much as the Rockets losing CP3. Hell, the way Harden is playing now, they'd be far better off losing him. He almost single handily lost the series for Houston. Dude has to stop shooting 3's and realize he's not making any. There's just no way any player should ever go 0-11 in any one game. At some point that player has to stop shooting it unless it's wide open from continued ball movement. Most all of Harden's are just contested and forced.

This series is an odd thing to watch. The Rockets like to walk the ball up like Tyreke and then iso with 20 dribbles. It is not a normal recipe for success in the NBA especially against a good Golden State defense. The Rockets defense has been a surprise and has really given the Warriors fits especially at the end of games. They are a tough team. Mentally they are fierce. Meanwhile the Warriors play like pansies some of the time. Green is an exception, but he is butthead. The Rockets won last night because they were mentally tougher than Golden State. It is the Achilles Heel of the Warriors. Their egos are fragile and they can be intimidated. Capela's defense and shot blocking has been impressive. The Rockets have discovered the way to victory against Golden State that other teams have been searching for. PJ Tucker has stood out. Paul will not be denied. Harden is a leader and plays hard even during an off night. He has even attempted to play defense. I respect the Rockets. Golden State still plays like a bunch of punks.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Well, James Harden is pretty much the Super Saiyan version of Tyreke Evans, so I'm not sure why you find that odd, or even noteworthy. How else did you think he was going to play?

If anything, the Rockets suggest that you could build a winning team around a player who plays like Tyreke Evans... if you actually wanted to.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have to confess to enjoying last night's game (especially the last couple of minutes) way more than I thought I would. The only thing that could have made it more enjoyable would have been if it had taken place in Oracle.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Well, James Harden is pretty much the Super Saiyan version of Tyreke Evans, so I'm not sure why you find that odd, or even noteworthy. How else did you think he was going to play?

If anything, the Rockets suggest that you could build a winning team around a player who plays like Tyreke Evans... if you actually wanted to.
I mean sure if you go out and get a player like Tyreke Evans a player like CP3 or John Wall. He also has to learn how to do the side step travel three and he will be golden.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I mean sure if you go out and get a player like Tyreke Evans a player like CP3 or John Wall. He also has to learn how to do the side step travel three and he will be golden.
You could also do it by building a team like Boston did last season, aka the Iverson Method.

As much as I dislike James Harden's game, I'd really be impressed if he could find a way to lead the Rockets to a series clinching win tonight on the road with CP3 out of the lineup. I'm hopeful but not expecting it to happen. If it does, though, I will blow up twitter mocking GSW. I just can't stand that team and their mostly fake fan base.

Harden has been so awful offensively lately, you'd have to think he's due for a breakout game. While he's taking a lot of contested shots, that has been the norm for him. So hopefully he'll actually hit a majority of them tonight.

If Harden is truly MVP material, he has the stage and opportunity to prove it tonight. This is a game where the Rockets can swing for the fence.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
LeBron James is probably going to play his entire career in the "weak" eastern conference, and I'm pretty sure that nobody but the lowest of low-bottom haters are going to hold it against him.

And, on the flipside of that, look at a couple of his contemporaries: Carmelo Anthony has played sixty percent of his career in the west, and has made it out of the second round twice. How many people do you reckon are going to give him a pass for playing in the west? How about Chris Paul? CP3 has played his whole ass career in the west, and didn't make it out of the second round until Year 13. How many people do you think are lining up to give him a pass? Because I'm guessing that the number is somewhere south of nobody.

Winning the east still counts; to paraphrase the late Jim Valvano, "We've got to have a chance, we're the only other guys playing."