[Playoffs] Western Conference Finals

Which team will be the sacrifical lamb for LBJ? (Assuming the right outcome in the ECF, of course)

• Rockets in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockets in 5

• Rockets in 6

• Warriors in 4

• Warriors in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
You might as well say the same thing about any team in the west that can't beat the Warriors. Which is to say, all of them, barring something unexpected happening tonight.

I’m watching the 4th qtr of Lakers-Kings game 6 2002 right now.

The refs have gifted GSW up to 12 points in this game thus far. No foul calls on two 3 point attempts by Harden in the 1st half; a bogus goaltend on Capella and now a potential 4pt play on a 3 Harden actually banked in. Meanwhile, the whistle is being blown any time a GSW gets touched....

I have a serious question.

One word, referees. I have quit NBA for period of times over that. When it was happening to my Kings, I was hurt the most but after the fact I could tell myself maybe I was just being biased.

Since we have been out of contention for over a decade, yet I'm still seeing it time and time again.

Tonight it was just blatant. It's almost like the refs are trying to rubberbanding the scores. (A video game tech term, meaning you adjust component's difficulty to keep a competition, well, competitive)

So my question is, first of all, am I the only one here? And if I am not, how do you deal with the blatant injustice/bias or whatever you wanna call it?

Like my question above, how do you deal with it and stay as an NBA fan?

I'm on the fringe here. It doesn't even matter if the Rockets or the Warriors gonna win anymore. Because the refs are too blatant. I played basketball since I was 12, 13 years old. It's always been my sport of choice. So I humbly ask again, how do you deal with the bias refereeing and remain a fan of this league?

Like my question above, how do you deal with it and stay as an NBA fan?

I'm on the fringe here. It doesn't even matter if the Rockets or the Warriors gonna win anymore. Because the refs are too blatant. I played basketball since I was 12, 13 years old. It's always been my sport of choice. So I humbly ask again, how do you deal with the bias refereeing and remain a fan of this league?
Hope that it will get better. Once in a while teams are able to persevere past it, i mean the Kings ALMOST did. Makes winning all the sweeter when you know you were playing 8 on 5.

Hope that it will get better. Once in a while teams are able to persevere past it, i mean the Kings ALMOST did. Makes winning all the sweeter when you know you were playing 8 on 5.
I see your point. But it is the sanctity of the game. If I know the refs are going to mess with the game, how do I stay true? The randomness of sports is the most beautiful thing of them all.

I can't even take this W had I been a Warriors fan.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Doesn't even matter if the refs had their memo, Houston was choking this one away with their awful D'Antoni ball no matter what.

Doesn't even matter if the refs had their memo, Houston was choking this one away with their awful D'Antoni ball no matter what.
See? That's the cleverness of it. They only need to favor one team for 5,6 minutes, when the Rockets was still playing well in the start of 3rd quarter. And people will say, just like you did, Houston just choked.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
See? That's the cleverness of it. They only need to favor one team for 5,6 minutes, when the Rockets was still playing well in the start of 3rd quarter. And people will say, just like you did, Houston just choked.
The refs bad calls didn't make Houston miss 26 straight threes. They absolutely deserve this loss.

I see your point. But it is the sanctity of the game. If I know the refs are going to mess with the game, how do I stay true? The randomness of sports is the most beautiful thing of them all.

I can't even take this W had I been a Warriors fan.
The truth is that the Warriors are the deadliest team to ever exist in basketball, more so than the dream team. The refs are BS but haven't been as bad the last few years. I see more of a problem with how the Warriors were able to add Durant to what was already one of the best teams in NBA history.

The truth is that the Warriors are the deadliest team to ever exist in basketball, more so than the dream team. The refs are BS but haven't been as bad the last few years. I see more of a problem with how the Warriors were able to add Durant to what was already one of the best teams in NBA history.
I just don't think it is fair at all for the refs to manipulate the outcome. I survived 2002. I survived decades of horrible. I even survived losing Cousins (I said I'd quit then too). I don't know if I can watch this blatant injustice...

I just don't think it is fair at all for the refs to manipulate the outcome. I survived 2002. I survived decades of horrible. I even survived losing Cousins (I said I'd quit then too). I don't know if I can watch this blatant injustice...
It was like 25% refs 75% rockets tonight to be fair. I don't think it would have made the difference at the end of the night. Didn't help though. I just cant wait for this garbo 3pt jacking NBA to go away. I hate it. It forces teams to clone it or get left behind, and no one can match the warriors. There is literally not enough 3pt shooters left in the league to match that kind of fire power.