Player of the Game against Pistons!!

I can't choose one player but it comes down to: Skinner, Thomas, Songaila, and Mo.

Mo was great today, damn this guy can jump. Those dunks that he had would probably end up as a missed layup or a block had it been Peja or Songaila shooting. He crashed the boards and hit a couple of key shots.

Skinner, wow...a monster in the paint, great on the boards, i loved his energy. You can't argue with 6-11 shooting, 12pts, 12rbs, and 3 blocks.

Songaila was great as well hit some big shots from the putside

and finally KT, wow, at one point he got so hot, that everything he threw up went in. Great effort from his as well, again you can't argue with 19pts, 8-13 shooting, 10rbs

Honestly Bibby should be player of the game. KT stepped in and really played like he thought he was Webber. Skinner BATTLED in the paint. Mo played perhaps his best game as a pro. And yes Bibby shot horribly. But the guy made everything work in the offense. The offense obviously had no set plays today, and the team was scrambling to get anything to work. With Chris and Vlade gone, its seemed recently that the team wasn't passing nearly as effectively as in recent years. So it seemed like Bibby took that extra step and fed everyone. He played a lot like Nash has played in Phoenix, just getting everyone their touches to be effective.

I still think Peja should be the focal point of the offense, and obviously he now is. And i think Peja should be the team's "front-guy." But make no mistake, Bibby is what makes that team go.

thashyt said:
Honestly Bibby should be player of the game. KT stepped in and really played like he thought he was Webber. Skinner BATTLED in the paint. Mo played perhaps his best game as a pro. And yes Bibby shot horribly. But the guy made everything work in the offense. The offense obviously had no set plays today, and the team was scrambling to get anything to work. With Chris and Vlade gone, its seemed recently that the team wasn't passing nearly as effectively as in recent years. So it seemed like Bibby took that extra step and fed everyone. He played a lot like Nash has played in Phoenix, just getting everyone their touches to be effective.

I still think Peja should be the focal point of the offense, and obviously he now is. And i think Peja should be the team's "front-guy." But make no mistake, Bibby is what makes that team go.
Yeah Bibby is def. the new engine of the offense, he was really directing the flow of the offense, he played good D too(key steal at the end), rebounded well(a trend is forming here), and of course he went 4 for 4 in the 4th, Mr. Clutch as usual.

They all played like it mattered,and as a TEAM, what more could you ask for?
Did I see Walton eating his shoe at the end of the game?It did look like his foot was in his mouth!

A

AriesMar27

Twix said:
^LIke I said about Bibby even when Webb was here...he's the "Steve Nash" for the Kings. :)
so basically you are saying that bibby is our point guard? wow... i would have never figured that out if you hadnt mentioned it...... thanx.....;)

Regardless of personal statistics and intangible emotional factors, I believe that Mike Bibby was the MVP tonight. I also believe that he will take charge of this team in a way that Chris Webber was never able to do.

I have never been a hard-core Bibby fan. To me, he's not very personable or articulate. He is not Mr. GQ like Peja, Chris, and Cutino. You have to respect his heart and game. I now believe that Mike may become the next John Stockton.

I think John Stockton was the best point guard of the current era. Stockton is not very personable. He always played for the team, not personal statistics. Stockton was loyal to his power forward, the coach, and the organization. Stockton was not the quickest or most physically gifted player on the court. However, in my opinion, he was the best player to wear a Jazz uniform.

I can't compare Bibby to famous and incredibly talented guards like Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, or Bob Cousy. I really never watched them play much. Bibby just reminds me of the "pasty gangsta", John Stockton. I think Mike Bibby will fill the leadership vacuum lost with the departure of Chris Webber. he will be more effective than Chris in that regard.

You may begin the abusive tirade. ;)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
quick dog said:
Regardless of personal statistics and intangible emotional factors, I believe that Mike Bibby was the MVP tonight. I also believe that he will take charge of this team in a way that Chris Webber was never able to do.

I have never been a hard-core Bibby fan. To me, he's not very personable or articulate. He is not Mr. GQ like Peja, Chris, and Cutino. You have to respect his heart and game. I now believe that Mike may become the next John Stockton.

I think John Stockton was the best point guard of the current era. Stockton is not very personable. He always played for the team, not personal statistics. Stockton was loyal to his power forward, the coach, and the organization. Stockton was not the quickest or most physically gifted player on the court. However, in my opinion, he was the best player to wear a Jazz uniform.

I can't compare Bibby to famous and incredibly talented guards like Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, or Bob Cousy. I really never watched them play much. Bibby just reminds me of the "pasty gangsta", John Stockton. I think Mike Bibby will fill the leadership vacuum lost with the departure of Chris Webber. he will be more effective than Chris in that regard.

You may begin the abusive tirade. ;)
Mike will have a hard time ever leading the team the way Webb did this year just based on personality, or lack thereof. Everyone respects Mike, but believe in him and follow him? Tough call.

On the other hand whether he can do it on the court or not is still in question -- he's certainly a very good PG and if he'd played like this all season long he'd be an All-Star. But is he a guy who can be a dominant force and player to be contended with every time out? Mixed results so far -- some nights really looks like he might. Has had some true star nights. Others, eh... Its a tough gig being "the man', much tougher than most people realize. Its a lot of respnsibility, not only for yourself, but for everybody else too.

Last edited:
Bibby's been solid, but he's prone to having some really "off" nights from time to time. And yes, he's not a very good interview although I thought he gave one of his better ones after today's game actually... seemed to be giving some real thought-out responses instead of just generic stuff. :)

M

milan

Bibby is such a hole in D ... he is out on every move by guard he is watching, but in this game (against Detroit) he had some good moves in D
I think that we are better without mobley on both side of court, Mobley, Bibby and Peja are too much in offence, too much shooting and bad passing.
We need post pressure and return passing