[Game] Pistons @ Kings - Sunday, March 1 - 3PT/6ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
So if you aren't something from the beginning you're toast? That makes no sense. For the Kings right now, Len is a shot blocker. If you don't want to acknowledge it, that's fine.
I'm acknowledging that he has played as a shot blocker since he has been acquired, that's all.

So if you aren't something from the beginning you're toast? That makes no sense. For the Kings right now, Len is a shot blocker. If you don't want to acknowledge it, that's fine.
yeah generally if a guy isn't something for 300+ games then drastically changes in 5 games, you should be weary of this newly acquired "skill"

Len has never been a great defensive player in his career. I'm glad he's been awesome with us defensively so far. It's quite alright for 2 things to be true and for someone to bring that fact up.

yeah generally if a guy isn't something for 300+ games then drastically changes in 5 games, you should be weary of this newly acquired "skill"

Len has never been a great defensive player in his career. I'm glad he's been awesome with us defensively so far. It's quite alright for 2 things to be true and for someone to bring that fact up.
for whatever reason he is focusing on defense and it’s working very well for him. You have to give the Kings coaching staff credit for the development of our bigs. Now if they could just teach one or two of Len, Bagley, Giles or Holmes to shoot the 3 we will have a nice young 4-5 combo.

If Len can continues clogging the middle on defense he just could be the answer to our needing a big that gives us what we have needed for a long time. Oh and his keeping some offensive possessions in our control is big.

I am sure the coaches have told him what they want him to do and he is quickly becoming a fan favorite like bazemore has.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
The big question is what happens when Holmes comes back. After listening very carefully to Walton, my guess is he doesn't want to reduce Len's minutes. Which means that Harry might have fewer minutes.

Way to weather a complete drought in the 1st quarter to come back into the game. Their bench with the trade has become much better with Bazemore and Len. What's going on with Jabari Parker getting some minutes? Report says they've dropped him off the bench....

Fans love Giles. You can hear them screaming during his post game interview.

Len did a lot of things that won't show up in the boxscore. Tipping out reounds, boxing out, keeping the ball alive on the backboard and setting good screens, so shotblocker or not, he is playing great bball.

Biggest kings issue all year: SG. Buddy and Bogi cannot BOTH have a good game.

This move is as huge as last seasons trade deadline move. But this time, our chemistry is better for it
This is true - a keen observation - last season's trade hurt their chemistry alot even though Shumpert's shooting sucked. The team is playing very well - Len is encouraging shooters to shoot with his screens - a classic strategy. And as joemama mentioned - if both Hield and Bogdanovic have an excellent shooting night, they can hang with any team in the NBA, but it doesn't happen too often at all. In this game they both had fair shooting day - and it helped buoy the offense in the 2nd half at times.

Way to weather a complete drought in the 1st quarter to come back into the game. Their bench with the trade has become much better with Bazemore and Len. What's going on with Jabari Parker getting some minutes? Report says they've dropped him off the bench....
Not sure what happened to him. Even Tolliver had a longer try out period.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Buddy on postgame giving Harry all the credit for the recent winning...who woulda thought though? More playing time=more impact?
Wow, a top player getting minutes and the team starts playing better? I’m shocked.

I’ll be actually sickened if his minutes are the minutes that get drastically cut when Holmes gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.