Peja Stojakovic

Peja had a great game and it was a good sign of things to come. He has slowly been having some great nights then a let down the next. Lets see him string together some more games like this and then we can talk.

Entity

Hall of Famer
BullKing said:
yeah, it's funny how people get excited over a single good game from Peja. I'm being consistent with what i'm saying, Peja is a disappointment this year.

Yesterday we saw Peja in superstar mode......too bad that most of the time he is stuck in winter hibernation mode ;)
I agree with you. I mean 1 game out of 10 just is not good enough for me. Basically if his shot is off he has nothing.

SOUND BITE

"Tonight the basket felt like a swimming pool."
- Kings forward Peja Stojakovic on his shooting

iheartBrad said:
^^oh boy thats sig material right there...GO PEJA!! Keep it going please! woohoo!
yep, sure was....;)

Last edited:
Entity said:
I agree with you. I mean 1 game out of 10 just is not good enough for me. Basically if his shot is off he has nothing.
To me, I don't always look at just Pedja's shooting. He's a good shooter but even the best shooters have their bad games. I look at his overall play...defense, rebound, assists, effort, other stuff that'll help the team. It's not just the shooting for me. I do this to all players actually.

BullKing said:
yeah, it's funny how people get excited over a single good game from Peja. I'm being consistent with what i'm saying, Peja is a disappointment this year.

Yesterday we saw Peja in superstar mode......too bad that most of the time he is stuck in winter hibernation mode ;)
Well, I've been extremely critical of Peja this season, and I agree, one incredible game does not a season make. BUT, if he is finally turning it on & can play at a high level through the rest of the season, I will willingly forgive him for his 3/4 season slump. There is something to be said for peaking at the right time of the season. I guess the question is whether this is a sign of things to come, or just a glimpse of what could be .... and we're not really going to know until we how the rest of the season plays out.

But, boy, I have to say watching that game reminds me how fun it is to watch Peja play when he's on!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
BullKing said:

You know, it's a lot like a patient in the emergency room being hit with the paddles in a last ditch effort to get his heart beating again. When you see the spike on the monitor, you're ecstatic. You're not wondering if he's going to live to be 105; you're just glad you have evidence he's not dead yet.

VF21 said:
You know, it's a lot like a patient in the emergency room being hit with the paddles in a last ditch effort to get his heart beating again. When you see the spike on the monitor, you're ecstatic. You're not wondering if he's going to live to be 105; you're just glad you have evidence he's not dead yet.
Good analogy.