Pacers @ Nets - Game 1

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Best, most competitive game so far. Ended with Jefferson missing a 3 as time expired and Pacers win by 2.

GO PACERS!!

Bulls/Heat was also damn good, just wasn't quite as close as this.

Fred Jones stole Peja's minutes in the 4th... FJ's such a fun player (not in comparision to Peja).

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Kings113 said:
Bulls/Heat was also damn good, just wasn't quite as close as this.
No doubt, but there is something to be said for the excitement of the close game that comes down to a final shot.

BTW - did you notice that Peja sat on the bench for the entire 4th qtr? Carlisle used Jones in the 4th and Jones contested that final shot by Jefferson.

Nets got robbed. That was a LIGHT foul and that's debatable it's even a foul. You don't just hand the game to the other team with 1 second left! Touching the guy's jersey isn't going to stop him from making the shot. Let the players play, let THEM decide their own future. The ref just basically gave the pacers the game when he called that LIGHT(possibly non existant) foul on Krstic.

6th said:
No doubt, but there is something to be said for the excitement of the close game that comes down to a final shot.

BTW - did you notice that Peja sat on the bench for the entire 4th qtr? Carlisle used Jones in the 4th and Jones contested that final shot by Jefferson.
As I posted. :p

BMiller52 said:
Nets got robbed. That was a LIGHT foul and that's debatable it's even a foul. You don't just hand the game to the other team with 1 second left! Touching the guy's jersey isn't going to stop him from making the shot. Let the players play, let THEM decide their own future. The ref just basically gave the pacers the game when he called that LIGHT(possibly non existant) foul on Krstic.
The refs also about robbed the Pacers with **** calls during the game and on JO. It all balances out.

Last edited by a moderator:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
SoupIsGood said:
The refs also about robbed the Pacers with **** calls during the game and on JO. It all balances out.
That's what I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
TXSactoFan said:
jason kidd had his arm around anthony johnson, holding him during that shot too.
At first I thought it was Kidd's foul on Johnson that was being called. Nope, it was the 2nd foul (shirt grab) that was called.

that was such a horse **** call. let the game go to OT! serioulsy, with ONE second left they call a foul? are you joking? the nets got ROBBED!

poor VC! i saw him fall about 3 feet onto his tail bone OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nets will come back with vengance. they can win in indy, i still think they are going to with the series.

What's up with this? Whole thread about Pacers-Nets game in which Pedja pulled another Playoff-Pedja dissapearance act and nobody stands up for "I tolf you so, he lacks certain part of male anatomy!"?

This sudden outbreak of civility is disoncerning to say the least. ;)

Well, I for one am very interested to see how he will react to the benching.

[Still can't make myself post about that "other" game that Kings were supposed to play in without excessive bile.]

bozzwell said:
What's up with this? Whole thread about Pacers-Nets game in which Pedja pulled another Playoff-Pedja dissapearance act and nobody stands up for "I tolf you so, he lacks certain part of male anatomy!"?

This sudden outbreak of civility is disoncerning to say the least. ;)

Well, I for one am very interested to see how he will react to the benching.

[Still can't make myself post about that "other" game that Kings were supposed to play in without excessive bile.]
He wasn't exactly bad... defintely didn't hurt the team when he was out there. Jones just was playing well and offered a better matchup.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
bozzwell said:
There's an old expression in baseball that I think is appropriate here:

"Sometimes you just let the easy ones go right on by."

;)

SoupIsGood said:
He wasn't exactly bad... defintely didn't hurt the team when he was out there. Jones just was playing well and offered a better matchup.
I know, I was just kidding. It was a right move by Carlisle, and given the end result I don't think that anyone/Pedja should be too cut up about it. But it does make it more interesting to see how Pedja responds in the rest of the series.

BTW, congrats on the win. Things are looking up for Indy.

Watching this game made me wonder what has happened to JO'Neal over the past few months...he just didn't look comfortable out there. A tribute to the Pacers that they still won the game --- helping hand from VC gunning all those jumpers when he wasn't hitting.

That was a good game but I was scared when Vince fell on his back. That had to hurt but he kept on playing. I know he's feeling it today.
I was going to make a Peja comment but if everyone else can restrain themselves then so will I.;)