OFFICIAL "I'm done with this effing team" thread

The only things I am tired of are high ticket prices for a bad product and other teams’ fans dominating our stadium. I’d be a lot cooler with the rebuild if it only cost $100 to take my family to a game. And $13 a beer? It’s so dumb.

But I actually think Vlade has done well since the DMC trade. Giles got me hyped. I think we found our basketball soul. Go Kings.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’ve pretty much completely checked out. I’ll check in here and other Kings sites pretty much out of habit and a weird facination with gauging other fans tolerance for this organizations stupidity. I’m finding myself frequenting another eastern conference teams forum that is very interesting. Closely following a competent organization really brings home the fact of just how big of a dumpster fire the kings organization is. I feel really bad for kings fan. They definitely deserve better but when this is all you’ve ever known........well.........at least you have a cool new stadium.
Don't worry about it. We'll be just fine, thanks.

I'd be done with this team next season if:
  • Doncic looks much better than Bagley
  • Bagley looks like a bust(I DON'T THINK HE'LL BE A BUST AT ALL). no don't give me BS about how he's young and needs time to develop. If it smells like crap, looks like crap, it probably means that it is crap. We've learned from all our busts. Please don't point out the random Peja example that happened 22 years ago. Instead, point to Jimmer, T-Rob, Ben, Stauskas, and Papagiannis.
  • None of our young guys show themselves as a franchise player. I'm not riding on potential anymore.. you either show production, or you don't. Don't give me BS excuse about age nor and experience. Devin Booker was a star at 20yearsold average 22ppg. Donovan Mitchell came in as a rookie and dominated immediately at 21yearsold.
  • Vlade makes an idiotic trade
  • Joerger doesn't give the young guys the majority of the minutes. If I see Temple, ZBo, Koufos lineups for long stretches, then I'm done.
From what I’ve seen of Giles I think this town will soon have a 15 year love affair with the guy. He’s a Sac kind of player.... hard worker, good passer.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: A post was deleted that had nothing to do with this thread. If some of you want to take potshots at each other or having a pissing contest, do everybody a favor and take it to private messages.

Thanks for this thread allowing people like me to get this **** off my chest. I want to love this team. But they need to fix a lot of things before I care again. It's been too long and too incompetent to keep blindly following.
To you and fansinceday1, I'd point out that:

The team did .402 in 2015-6.
They did .436 during the first 54 games of 2016-7.
Right after that, Vlade promised to resign in two years if the team wasn't better than before the trade.
The rest of the season was pretty horrible, but last year they managed to do .329.

Can they make it from .329 to .440ish in the next 6 months, or will Vlade empty his desk? I've been less than fully engaged for several years now, but as we enter the home stretch, I'll admit to a lot of curiosity as to how this is going to play out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
To you and fansinceday1, I'd point out that:

The team did .402 in 2015-6.
They did .436 during the first 54 games of 2016-7.
Right after that, Vlade promised to resign in two years if the team wasn't better than before the trade.
The rest of the season was pretty horrible, but last year they managed to do .329.

Can they make it from .329 to .440ish in the next 6 months, or will Vlade empty his desk? I've been less than fully engaged for several years now, but as we enter the home stretch, I'll admit to a lot of curiosity as to how this is going to play out.
Like him or hate him (you can probably guess what camp I'm in) we're stuck with him for multiple years no matter the record. He isn't going anywhere with the full blown youth movement going on. The Kings could win only 20 games next year (NOT a prediction) and he'd be totally safe and protected because his team "only needs more time."

Guys, I've been on board with this team for life... you can see my posts of many great memories. But I have to say: this is the most faithless I've felt going into a season, ever. Worse than '15 with Divac's lopsided trade with Philly, worse than '11 after the Jimmer pick & trade down for Salmons' bad contract, worse than '06 when we lost Bonzi + hired Muss, worse than '96 when it was clear we'd need to rebuild.

In the business world, I'm a big believer that leadership has a trickle-down effect, and no matter who you hire, good or bad leadership dictates the ultimate outcome. In that regard, I don't think this team will ever be a winner as long as Vivek & Matina's team are on board. I don't see any of these players being part of our playoff run. This summer was the nail in the coffin for me: the Bagley pick (and the rationale behind it), dumpster diving for talent, minor bench signings, cash considerations... it's all too familiar & repeat behavior, and I've been fooled too many times. I'll still probably be here every day...hard to break a lifelong obsession. I love this team and I Iove NBA basketball, and we're all in this rough ride together, but faithwise - I've lost it.

Will do my best to not be a negative nancy/troll, so please keep me honest in the interim :) and thanks for listening.

Guys, I've been on board with this team for life... you can see my posts of many great memories. But I have to say: this is the most faithless I've felt going into a season, ever. Worse than '15 with Divac's lopsided trade with Philly, worse than '11 after the Jimmer pick & trade down for Salmons' bad contract, worse than '06 when we lost Bonzi + hired Muss, worse than '96 when it was clear we'd need to rebuild.

In the business world, I'm a big believer that leadership has a trickle-down effect, and no matter who you hire, good or bad leadership dictates the ultimate outcome. In that regard, I don't think this team will ever be a winner as long as Vivek & Matina's team are on board. I don't see any of these players being part of our playoff run. This summer was the nail in the coffin for me: the Bagley pick (and the rationale behind it), dumpster diving for talent, minor bench signings, cash considerations... it's all too familiar & repeat behavior, and I've been fooled too many times. I'll still probably be here every day...hard to break a lifelong obsession. I love this team and I Iove NBA basketball, and we're all in this rough ride together, but faithwise - I've lost it.

Will do my best to not be a negative nancy/troll, so please keep me honest in the interim :) and thanks for listening.
I have always appreciated your posts over the years. Been around a lot longer than my join date would indicate.

All I can say is keep the faith. I feel there is a sense of accomplishment and nobility for having never said die.

Who knows, all the little gears moving might actually get the clock back on time soon.

The only things I am tired of are high ticket prices for a bad product and other teams’ fans dominating our stadium. I’d be a lot cooler with the rebuild if it only cost $100 to take my family to a game. And $13 a beer? It’s so dumb.

But I actually think Vlade has done well since the DMC trade. Giles got me hyped. I think we found our basketball soul. Go Kings.
HD looks great - no need to shovel money to see live, especially with their "convenience fee" which snuffed out any interest for me..

From what I’ve seen of Giles I think this town will soon have a 15 year love affair with the guy. He’s a Sac kind of player.... hard worker, good passer.
It was encouraging.....and the big deal is Bagley could have a crap season and if Giles launches, Kings fans (well some Kings fans) will overlook the miss. Kings need 2 of the young guys to break out offensively with consistency to reasonably think about .500 imo. And the goal should be .500 and right next to it, #8 in playoffs. 41 wins at the bullseye.