Objective: Center

I don't know what is going on in Brad Miller's head right now but with a new coach his role on this team may or may not drastically change.

Point blank if we take this whole "defense first" mentality and lose the Princeton style offense where does Miller fit into that? He may be better off a four slot on this team but I think Shareef is definately the guy for the four so again where does that leave him? If Bonzi is forced (as if anyone's actually forcing him)to rebound and bang with the big boys next season as he did in the playoffs it will be a matter of time before injury occurs. After Bonzi Artest MAY be our best pound for pound rebounder, and last time I heard having your # 2 and 3 spots being power rebounders will never work for long.

My Opinion: Sign Jamal Magloire(and change) for Miller.The guy is a walking double-double and a shot blocker and clearly wants out of Milwaukee from what I've read due to Andrew Bogut's role in their offense. I know from reading this site most of you are more savvy about salary cap issues than myself, but seems it could work weel for a new look Kings.

2nd Option: Joel Pryzbilla as a backup for Miller and hope he stays healthy.

nice first post, but there is already a thread on centers that could replace miller. but i can answer your first question. with a new coach comming in its obvious that the princeton is out the door. time to play some hard nose basketball. we are going to attack the basket, rebound and pay defense.

Question: Where does Brad Miller fit in with out a high post offense.

Answer: He doesn't. Time for him to go. But it will be tough to get someone the Kings actually want for a slow white guy who can't play much defense, because of his lack of athleticism.

DocHolliday said:

Answer: He doesn't. Time for him to go. But it will be tough to get someone the Kings actually want for a slow white guy who can't play much defense, because of his lack of athleticism.
Trade him to Washington, they play the Princeton a lot.

B. Miller
19th Pick

for

B. Haywood
E. Thomas

DocHolliday said:

He seemed to do OK in Indiana.

Farms Block said:
My Opinion: Sign Jamal Magloire(and change) for Miller.The guy is a walking double-double and a shot blocker and clearly wants out of Milwaukee from what I've read due to Andrew Bogut's role in their offense. I know from reading this site most of you are more savvy about salary cap issues than myself, but seems it could work weel for a new look Kings.

2nd Option: Joel Pryzbilla as a backup for Miller and hope he stays healthy.
We could do much better than Magloire for Miller. Consider that Magloire was had for Desmond Mason, who we almost got for Kenny Thomas, I think SAR+sweetner could net us Magloire if that's what we wanted to do.

Also had a R1 pick in there w/ Mason to Hornets.

Maybe Chandler (w/ Duhon) for Miller/filler. Chicago media and a few fans have spoken positively of him from what I've read. Bulls would still get size with their high draft pick, and the MLE and LLE.

ForlornKing said:
Trade him to Washington, they play the Princeton a lot.

B. Miller
19th Pick

for

B. Haywood
E. Thomas
Somehow I don't see Washington trading away their entire frontcourt for a 7-foot point guard. Would be nice, though.
~~

LPKingsFan said:
We could do much better than Magloire for Miller. Consider that Magloire was had for Desmond Mason, who we almost got for Kenny Thomas, I think SAR+sweetner could net us Magloire if that's what we wanted to do.
I hate to get rid of SAR because he's a legit big man starter with a very good contract.

And I don't even want to envision a Miller/Magloire frontcourt.
~~

R

Rome

BMiller52 said:
Wow one bad playoff series and Brad's the worst player in the world?
Actually his whole playoff career has been pretty bad. He somehow finds a way to get lost and "disappear" in the playoffs... Kinda reminds me of someone I used to know... But i forgot all about that. All I remember was we got a whole lot better after we traded for Artest

I liked him in 2004 vs. the Mavs and Wolves. He was still a hard-playing guy then, from what I remember. 04-05 was kinda mixed, 05 got some more one-sided than 04-05.

Y

y2kings

boozer

there's always reports of the Jazz trading boozer...if we had Boozer, we'd have more of a rebouding presence. Brad could then hopefully assume the role that vlade had...that is, limited scoring, passing and guarding the poorer C/PF on the other team.

W

West_Gunslinger16

Boozer is much more dangerous to have than Camby.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AriesMar27

how about reef for darko and a 2nd rounder.... reef and howard would be a nice front court for the magic..... and we all know that we cant trade thomas.... darko can back up the 4 & 5....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
AriesMar27 said:
how about reef for darko and a 2nd rounder.... reef and howard would be a nice front court for the magic..... and we all know that we cant trade thomas.... darko can back up the 4 & 5....
Magic probably finished way too stong for any of that. They made a svery smart move to get their frontcourt of the future, and quite a frontcourt it is too. Hard to see them trading it away for a middleaged player like Reef so soon after they put it together.