Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 48-51

Votes: 80 63.5%
  • 52-54

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • 55-57

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
King's Were 40-25 When This Thread Started ...

as of today, 03-31-05 ... they are 44-29 with 9-games left.

Things go right and good for the King's, they could end-up with 50 wins.

I'm just prayin' for NO MORE INJURIES and crossin' my fingers for a couple of players to make their return sometime in the next few weeks.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Kev.in said:
I still think they'll win 48.
48 is a dangerous number for us. If we actually struggle on to that sort of record there is still an outside chance we could get booted from the playoffs. We need a couple more -- 50 makes it academic.

9 Games Left - Playoffs?

Well I think our magic number is 3 or 4... That is of course taking into consideration that all the teams below us win their remaining games, which will not happen.

Our 9 games:
@Cleveland
Minnesota
Seattle
@Portland
Lakers
@Lakers
@Phoenix
@Utah
Phoenix

I see us with 3 wins for sure. @Portland, @Utah and Lakers at home. Other then that we could be in serious trouble and go down to the final game. Hope Phoenix plays scrubs the last game.

Minny is making a push to get in, they won the last 4. Memphis has gone cold . I don't think the Lakers have a chance unless they beat us twice, which could happen.

5-4 on the road. I predict a 3-6 record.

EDIT: ATTN MODers: if you think its a duplicate or similar to the how many games we will win go ahead and merge it to that one. I didn't see that thread till after I made this post ;)

Last edited:
Bricklayer said:
48 is a dangerous number for us. If we actually struggle on to that sort of record there is still an outside chance we could get booted from the playoffs. We need a couple more -- 50 makes it academic.
im pretty sure 48 is the magic number, so if we win 48 we're in.....in all likelyhood, 47 would probably do it as well because I really don't see Minny finishing the season on a 16-game win streak, especially including wins at Phoenix and vs San Antonio, Seattle, and Denver

Bricklayer

No, I meant absolutely. But I could be wrong. Basically the best Minnesota can finish is 48-34 + I think if they beat us on Sunday (which they would have to) they will win the tie-breaker, no?

piksi

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
No, I meant absolutely. But I could be wrong. Basically the best Minnesota can finish is 48-34 + I think if they beat us on Sunday (which they would have to) they will win the tie-breaker, no?
If they beat us they would win the series 3-1

I think we can come away with 5 of the last 9.

cleveland-minny-portland-lakers(at least 1) and utah
that would give us 49-33 record.
we beat the suns already,it could happen again.

SIR HENRY 8 said:
I think we can come away with 5 of the last 9.

cleveland-minny-portland-lakers(at least 1) and utah
that would give us 49-33 record.
we beat the suns already,it could happen again.
One reason I didn't predict a Minny win is because of the situation. They are fighting to get into the playoffs, have won their last 4 and are ahead right now against the Lake Show.

Clev is a tossup to me.

only reason im thinking win in the Minny game is cuz we are at home...thats the only reason...but its still gonna be tough...everybody is gonna have to show up and play and the crowd has GOT to be in it...but they have been excellent for the mid afternoon games on ABC both times this season...so im not expecting any different....go kings

BigWaxer said:
One reason I didn't predict a Minny win is because of the situation. They are fighting to get into the playoffs, have won their last 4 and are ahead right now against the Lake Show.

Clev is a tossup to me.
yeah minny hard to predict,but their little win streak will be ending soon,the lake show,they're just bad.The Kings need to play the last 9 really focused,for all 48 min. to stay in 6th. spot.

SIR HENRY 8 said:
the last 9 really focused,for all 48 min. to stay in 6th. spot.
I would go further to say they need to play focused to stay in the playoffs. While it would take a total collapse for them not to make it. There still is a chance. They need to play with a sense of urgancy right about tomorrow.

BigWaxer said:
I would go further to say they need to play focused to stay in the playoffs. While it would take a total collapse for them not to make it. There still is a chance. They need to play with a sense of urgancy right about tomorrow.
Very true,the first 5-6 minuteswiil tell a lot..

Houston has Seattle twice, Phoenix twice, Memphis once, Denver once, garbage after (GSW-1 -dangerous garbage-, LAL -1 , LAC -1 ,for a total of "may or may not" be dangerous, and NO :D ). I "think" these are all West teams (I'm waay confused after the realignment).

Sacramento has Seattle once, Phoenix twice, LAL twice, (Cleveland, Minny, Portland, and Utah once each).

Houston has 10 more games against the West, Sac has only 9 games left. and six are against bad teams.

The point is (I think :D ) that Houston has a tougher schedule than the Kings do for the rest of the regular season. IF the Kings play well, they should end up in either the 5th or 6th spot. This was never a banner year for the Kings, to make the playoffs IMO is an accomplishment.

Bricklayer

Well, Minny is charging now along with Denver.

Let's put it this way -- we have 29 losses. Denver and Memphis have 31. Minny has 34. Our next three games are Cleveland, Minneosta, Seattle. We win all three of those, we're in, most likely as the #5/#6. But all three are easily losable games for us. We have to stay focused here. If we were to drop 2 of those 3, or worst case ALL three, we're suddenly in real trouble. Not out of the woods yet.

O.K. I hate this!! I just realized that this is the first time I have worried about us making the playoffs. In the "bad old days," I knew there was no chance we would make it, so there was no stress. In the "good old days," there was no chance that we would not make it, so there was no stress. I cannot believe that I have actually looked at another team's schedule to help me decide on our chances. I believe that we are going to the playoffs, but I DO NOT like that we have not already clinched. Of course it could be worse. We could be Laker or T'Wolves' fans!!

chelle said:
O.K. I hate this!! I just realized that this is the first time I have worried about us making the playoffs. In the "bad old days," I knew there was no chance we would make it, so there was no stress. In the "good old days," there was no chance that we would not make it, so there was no stress. I cannot believe that I have actually looked at another team's schedule to help me decide on our chances. I believe that we are going to the playoffs, but I DO NOT like that we have not already clinched.
LOL that really made me laugh...we've all done it...lol...

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
How many years has it been since we have not reached 50 wins? We would have to finish 6-3 to reach that plateau. With 5 of the 9 played on the road (where we have been playing like crap...okay, lets just say without focus) the chance of getting 6 wins is slim, but not impossible.

How sad that it will be a real struggle to get to 50 wins. How sad that we are going so deep into the season before we clinch a playoff spot. And how sad that we are trying to get a spot that is in the bottom 4 spots instead in the top 4 spots. We are certainly not the team we used to be. Yes, just further proof that our best era has ended. I look forward to seeing how GP will recreate an elite team.

Our best era SO FAR has ended. I think our future is brighter than we realize. Just look at how good we will be if Miller and B-Jax can manage to get back before playoffs. We could go deep if they are healthy. I am also looking forward to see what GP is going to do this summer! I used to hate it when summer got here. I didn't want him to change anything. Now I think the major changes have been made, so I am very interested in the tweaking Petria will do this off season.

chelle said:
Our best era SO FAR has ended. I think our future is brighter than we realize. Just look at how good we will be if Miller and B-Jax can manage to get back before playoffs. We could go deep if they are healthy. I am also looking forward to see what GP is going to do this summer! I used to hate it when summer got here. I didn't want him to change anything. Now I think the major changes have been made, so I am very interested in the tweaking Petria will do this off season.
I agree 110%

You know what will be really sad? If we reach this time next year and we are still worried. I hope Petrie can make some nice moves in the offseason.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Folsom Al said:
as of today, 03-31-05 ... they are 44-29 with 9-games left.

Things go right and good for the King's, they could end-up with 50 wins.

I'm just prayin' for NO MORE INJURIES and crossin' my fingers for a couple of players to make their return sometime in the next few weeks.
And as of today, 04-01-05, they are 45-29 with 8 games left.

:D

Did You Catch B-Jax's Interview ...

VF21 said:
And as of today, 04-01-05, they are 45-29 with 8 games left.

:D
He's hoping to be back at the end of the regular season .... he sounded pretty positive about .....

Still crossin' my fingers !!!!