Nuggets @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Home Sweet Home
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
On January 31st 2004 Kings escaped with a road victory against the Sonics 110 - 103 to improve to 32 - 12. Miller lead Kings with 28/17:eek:/3, Pedja had 29/5, Vlade had 13/4/4, DC had 15 pts. Bobby as usual, lead the bench with 11 pts. mike did not have a good game but as usual came up big in the last couple minutes with couple assists to Vlade.

"Coach (Rick Adelman) drew up a couple of plays at the end of the game that really made the game," said Divac, who scored 13 points. "Mike threw great passes."

"We made some great plays down the stretch," Adelman said. "Mike made some great decisions and Vlade got those big dunks."

Kings finished a 6 game road trip with 4-2 winning the last 3. The 4 wins were against Cavs, Rockets, Spurs and Sonics.

"This trip was good," Divac said. "We really grew as a team from the first half of the season. Defensively, we talk now and we help each other. Down the stretch, a couple of stops have really made these games."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kings 18 - 26 for the 1st time 8 games under .500 in the Adelman era. Just finished a road trip 1-5 against the teams that are combined .450 which includes the Heat (10 over .500). Speaking of 1st time in the Adelman era - 12-11 at home, 6-15 on the Road, last in the Pacific, 3rd last in the conference, -1.25 point differential, below 100 ppg,etc. So in one word - we are not any good anymore. And it will get worse.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Not that long ago Kings were 17 - 21 on a 3 games winning streak closing on 0.500. We were looking forward to this trip considering it an opportunity to get to 0.500 and to get right in the mix for whatever. I was the one saying that 3-3 wouldn't do us any good at this point. I predicted 4-2. Clearly - I have no clue what I am talking about. That loss in Orlando broke our back and we never recovered and we might not recover this season at all.
Winning is a "culture" and so is losing. Winning is a habit and so is losing. Winning is an attitude and so is losing. Winning is a skill and so is losing. We can go on and on here. The significant difference is that winning is much harder than losing. It requires more talent, determination, will etc. Losing sucks and I am very tired of it. As a fan (a real one)You are in it ""for better or worse" (in some cases - till trade do us apart;)). It is hard on everyone, especially on players and coaches. And while it looks like some of them don't care (defensive end) - they do. We can't say that Kings are not trying ot that they given up. We can say that Kings are not good enough or that other teams are better or healthier or whatever but that can never be a reason to stop supporting Your team (if You are a fan).
We had it great last 7 years or so. Nobody knows if and when it might happen again. If it happens to be as great - it might be worth waiting for.
It becomes so obvious that there are 2 kinds of trades. The planned (Webber, Bibby, Christie etc) and a desperation trades (Mobley, KT, Skinner, Williamson, Wells, Artest). When Kings were good the trades happened in the offseason and we called the upgrades. Now, we are not any good and we call them "chances/gambles. It is not as much about trade (very arguable) as it is about timing. Making the Artest trade in Novemer - would have been considered planning and now it is just taking a chance. There is no plan behind any of this.
Ron Artest will play a first home game tonight. I did not see him play yet so I am looking forward to it. I heard/read he did as it can be expected for a very good player who did not play for two years give or take. ARCO will without the doubt welcome him with open arms and will support him if he keeps it together(keep the prozac coming). It would be great if he could raise intensity and the level of play.
Thanks to the "user manual" that was provided by ver friendly Pacers/Artest fans - I am not having hard time dealing with Ron
anymore.

2 things you should be aware to. First, Ron will (IMHO) not be a King for the next season - don't get too attached. Also this team should not be lead by Ron because commitment is a big part of being a leader. Unfortunately, nobody else seams to really want it.
Second thing is - Ron artest can/will make us better but he is not a solution to our problems. Other things need to happen
"Rumor has it" that Brad is on his sabbatical about 3 weeks earlier than usual. There are many kind of rumors and You can find all of them on this site. In this case - I would take it seriously. Just call it experience. It would have been much worse if we were any good and trying to do something significant. It may not really matter now. Get well soon Brad.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Did not watch last 2 games. can't say - I regret it. I have seen 24 previous losses. 2 more or less don't make a difference We lost them both and doesn't really matter how and why.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight - we play denver and they have a better record. However - we have beaten them regularly at ARCO. they have injuries also but are still doing better. Time is running out on this season. the "fat lady" is already rehearsing it. I hate fishing. Time to start holding team meatings in the emergency rooms.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - he is offensively doing all he can and then some. Will be in trouble with quixk Nuggets guards.
Brad - get well soon
Bonzi - same
Ron - take Your pills and go to work
SAR - give the man a break
We have no bench at the moment because we have no clue who will play. We do need more of everything. Kevin played well again
------------------------------------------------------------
RA - someone should put this guy out of this misery, It has become a heuge mess.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Nuggets are solid. Eddy will torture and so will Earl.
Elston is my TDM award favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect us to get this one.

BTW, Artest before coming to the Kings was working out and playing 'ball and played 16 games, before that he played in the SL and of course the 7 games in 04-05. He'll be back in game-shape in a week or so.

I'll be there tomorrow night cheering loudly and wildy when Artest is introduced. I told the president of my company that I'm taking his tickets for Tuesday nights game. He didn't argue with me lol. He knows I'm a huge fan and hasn't had as much time as of late to get to the games even though he's a season ticket holder. I'll be there with my Wells jersey on. He should be playing so it will be fun. Hopefully Brad's thumb isn't a clean break. He could possibly play. If not with Skinners ankle we may truly be picking up Luke Schencher *sp* lol. I laugh, but that would be really sad. Either that or Croliss would be playing center. NOt an attractive prospect.

Probably right on Corliss if Brad and Skinner don't play, I'd rather see Jamal Sampson though. Yes.

Don't know if you were joking, but don't know if we could get Schenscher since he's not in our DL, are the DL players counted as free-agents?

wow, I was surprised & disappointed to hear you say that you don't think that Artest will be here next year. Evidently I'm already getting attached!:eek:

seriously, what are you basing that on?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice intro, Piksi. I cleaned up the formatting for you - again.

;)

As far as Atest being here next year, the voices in my head are telling me he will be. Right next to Bibby, Bonzi, Kevin Garnett and ... somebody in a uniform to field 5 on the court.

That's the current state of mind in VF21WORLD...

VF21 said:
As far as Atest being here next year, the voices in my head are telling me he will be. Right next to Bibby, Bonzi, Kevin Garnett and ... somebody in a uniform to field 5 on the court.
I close my eyes and its like I'm there.

Sigh.

VF21 said:

;)

sounds good to me!

I decided I'm changing my theory on the Kevin Garnett thing... I used to think we'd never be able to get him. Now I'm into the "if we say it often enough, it will happen" theory. You make laugh, but look at the history.. Voisin claimed for years Webb would be traded, and he was. We've talked about the Artest/Peja thing for months if not years, and it happens. Therefore, if we talk about KG becoming a King often enough....:p

love_them_kings said:
sounds good to me!

I decided I'm changing my theory on the Kevin Garnett thing... I used to think we'd never be able to get him. Now I'm into the "if we say it often enough, it will happen" theory. You make laugh, but look at the history.. Voisin claimed for years Webb would be traded, and he was. We've talked about the Artest/Peja thing for months if not years, and it happens. Therefore, if we talk about KG becoming a King often enough....:p
If only I had a corn field in my back yard -- I'd clear it and build me a basketball court.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:

;)

thanks - I don't know what is wrong with this thing

one can hope and dream

love_them_kings said:
sounds good to me!

Agree. Last year, when this trade was first mentioned, I was like: NO WAY... Then we discussed the odds and what ifs...and it happened...

This just proves our theory that Geoff Petrie reads our forum threads...Hehehe. (And no, I do not think he is Causwell for 3) :)

Is anyone missing Eddie House. Atleast he could score off the bench, something our team has been unable to do all year long. Eddie has looked good in a Suns uni this year.

Ron is an extremely loyal person. If he feels the Kings management gave him another chance because they wanted him in Sacremento, he will be back next year. Unless management does not care to re-sign him for some reason.

You guys are really fortunate to have him. If he doesn't do anything to screw it up you have an extremely good player and team leader.

Just copying and pasting my comments from another thread:
We shouldn't run with them because if Carmelo isn't scoring in the half court I don't think they can score in the half court. Carmelo won't be scoring in the half court with Ron on him. Skinner is a good defender so Miller's penetration shouldn't be as much of a problem...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
BMiller52 said:
Just copying and pasting my comments from another thread:
We shouldn't run with them because if Carmelo isn't scoring in the half court I don't think they can score in the half court. Carmelo won't be scoring in the half court with Ron on him. Skinner is a good defender so Miller's penetration shouldn't be as much of a problem...
Yep... I said in that same thread the Kings really have to try and reinvent themselves tonight with Skinner and Artest starting. Play 1/2 court and keep the score low.

VF21 said:

;)

i'm also in VF21world

bring on KG!

about tonights game, carmelo is going to have a FUN night tonight er NOT! will he be pantsed? :D that would be pretty funny if he did

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
As far as Atest being here next year, the voices in my head are telling me he will be.
I see the same. At first I thought they'd just give him a trial run and trade him at the first sign of mental instability, but the more I think about it, I think he's here for a while. Players of his ability on both ends don't just land in you lap like this, and when they do, you hold on to them. Bibby/Artest/Wells are the three I would insist on keeping around next year. Artest seems like he really enjoys playing with Bibby, and its only been two games and a couple practices.

T

thesanityannex

DeAtHrOw said:
Yep, he really demonstrated his "loyalty" when he screwed over Indiana after all the times they stood by him. :rolleyes:
I believe hoops4life is a Pacer fan. So obviously they aren't all butt hurt about it. Your stabs at Artest are getting tiresome and redundant.

T

thesanityannex

Back to Topic:

Artest/Wells=Two of the baddest mofo's to take the court at the same time. WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
DeAtHrOw said:
Yep, he really demonstrated his "loyalty" when he screwed over Indiana after all the times they stood by him. :rolleyes:

1. Artest isn't in Indiana any longer.
2. There's little good to be gained from comments like that, unless you really want to just derail the game thread and turn it into an argument that's already been done (see the old threads).
3. I think the prevailing opinion is that it wasn't that cut and dried.
4. Did I mention that this isn't about Ron and Indiana?

Status
Not open for further replies.